why english is difficult

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

why english is difficult

Post by mali »

Attention all the user and teach please solve my quiry, I appreciate if you answer me.

Why english is difficult for new user and How they success? I think you are not take the serious of this question but i think it is very important question.
HI, I AM M. ALI, 30 YEARS OLD, HOLDING MASTER AND LLB DEGREE, WORKING AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION, VISITED AROUND 25 COUNTRIES. LOOKING GOOD FRIEND
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Hi !

why do you find english difficult ? what do you find difficult in english ?

- writing or type-writing ?
- reading ?
- listening ? (yes, sometimes I cannot understand what you say :mrgreen: and I won't improve my listening by reading :mrgreen: )
- speaking ? (idem ac listening, I can speak better, I must speak more, that's why I want to study in England later)

globally I don't find english difficult :

- no genus
- adjectives are unvariable like adverbs
- verbs are very easy (except for me : which tense should I use when ??)
- you can read, listen to english easily, especially on the web ! (for example : listen to the radio in english, make your researches in english, visit many english sites, etc.)
- just vocabulary that I forget easily :lol:

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Selene

Post by Selene »

English is not one of the easiest languages to learn. Prepositions are tricky and words have more than one correct spelling and pronuntiation. But remember there is nothing we can not accomplish if we put our best effort in it.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Ah ! yes, I forgot the prepositions and the phrasal verbs (verbs+preposition), that I don't know well.

Shokin
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

Thanks friends, I appreciate your replies, I hope many our friends benifit from your comments.

Please carry on your suggestions and give good idea to others.

Regards,

M. Ali
HI, I AM M. ALI, 30 YEARS OLD, HOLDING MASTER AND LLB DEGREE, WORKING AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION, VISITED AROUND 25 COUNTRIES. LOOKING GOOD FRIEND
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Chet Baker »

Dear Mr. M. Ali,

I am sorry to tell you that there is no short-cut for learing english. However, it is possible to learn without tears.

My exprience is that the more you speak/write in english, the more faster you learn. Don't worry about the typo or gammar mistake when you are in an informal written/oral conversation, but you do need to be careful when the conversation is serious. The reason is very simple, as you use english in an informal converation without concerning the errors, you will keep the enjoyment for using english.

When you correct your written english seriously, you will definitely learn from mistake.

This is my personal expriences, I hope this may help you my
friend. By the way, http://www.bbc.com will help you a lot. Also the Jazz radio provides by Yahoo messager will also maintain your interest for using Englsih.

Best regard
Chet
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

Dear Br. Chet.

Thank you very much for guidline, I appreciate you reply.
van

Post by van »

Hi Mr. Chet,

Thks for your experience, I'm new member of EC.
English is not difficult but hard to learn fast, i'm trying to learn from your experience.

Regads
Van.
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Chet Baker »

van wrote:Hi Mr. Chet,

Thks for your experience, I'm new member of EC.
English is not difficult but hard to learn fast, i'm trying to learn from your experience.

Regads
Van.
No Problem mate, i hope my exprience may help you.
;)
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

My experience tells me that :

to get a language, there is not better way than the "real exchange" (=the communication), writting or speaking (speaking is better, if you can, because there is more exchange).

Shokin
BLACK DEATH

Re: why english is difficult

Post by BLACK DEATH »

mali wrote:Attention all the user and teach please solve my quiry, I appreciate if you answer me.

Why english is difficult for new user and How they success? I think you are not take the serious of this question but i think it is very important question.
hi daer , sorry but you question is very strange .. as you know if english is your second langage , thats mean it is " new world , new culture , new langage .. come on friend .. it take time ..
yl88
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by yl88 »

take it easy, my dear friends..

english is not that difficult.....
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

French is more difficult ! :mrgreen:

Shokin
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shokin wrote:French is more difficult ! :mrgreen:
Well it depends... French is really easy for Catalans... They are so similar.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Yes, maybe. Both come directy from latin.

English is very practical.

Shokin
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Dear everybody,
I think every language is difficult for ones who want to learn it beside their mother-language.
So that, you'll never use the language which you study after learning your main language perfect!
Life is a beautiful game!
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by amoolah »

sparrow wrote:Dear everybody,
I think every language is difficult for ones who want to learn it beside their mother-language.
So that, you'll never use the language which you study after learning your main language perfect!
Hi sparrow, you will not believe this but do you know that since I started learning english, it becomes more and more difficult for me to communicate with people in Arabic which is my first language :!: especailly speaking and writing. :roll: .......well, I think that English is the easiest language to learn.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

yeah, english is so beautiful.... you can't believe how much I am infatuated with it!

Now I regret the day when I entered into a medicine college for study. I wish I had known how attractive English was when I was a teenager. In that I could have enjoyed english for many years!

As a Chinese, I often heard some foreigners complain how difficult it is to learn Chinese language, and I used to ask:"how come? Chinese is so easy!" Actually, now I know I am good at Chinese, that is just because I have practiced Chinese for many times! But for a foreigner, Chinese is really hard to learn. For example, when I read an english word, even if I don't know what it means, I still know how to spell it well, and I can almost suppose its meaning by its word root. however, when you read a Chinese word, if you don't know what it means, it is hard for you to guess its meaning and spelling.

ok, if you think english difficult, then just try Chinese :mrgreen: you will find english really easy.
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

I've always thought Chinese is a very difficult language to learn. I think it would be almost impossible for me to write Chinese.

What I've heard is that a word written in Chinese Language represents a symbol, a complete idea, am I right Redrose?
and words are drawn. I don't Know if I'm being as clear as I wan to, I mean words in Chinese are more like drawings than letters.

Is this information correct???? :? :? :?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I guess you are partially right. however, maybe you meant a kind of ancient Chinese characters. In ancient time, Chinese people drew some designs to represent the relevant meanings. But most of modern Chinese characters look very different.

Still, there are some Chinese characters possess such characteristics. Here are some Chinese characters. Can you guess their meanings?
1.Image
2.Image
3.Image
4.Image
5.Image
6.Image
7.Image
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Oh oh oh, can I guess?????????????????
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Thanks for the info RedRose, and help me please I'm getting depressed 'cause I cannot guess their meaning.
:cry:
Unknownsu HELP ME!
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Number 1 means heart
number 2 means beautiful girl

are they :R: ???????? or :W: ????
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

:OO: :OO: :OO: :OO: :OO: :OO: :OO: :OO:
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

haha! I am glad that Both of Unknownsu and idalia were confused with these Chinese characters.

BTW, a shame on Unknownsu! as a Chinese(exactly, a banana), you even don't know what these Chinese characters mean! if you were here in GuangZhou, I would have slapped on your face!

however, I can understand idalia when he couldn't understand these Chinese characters well. But idalia, just take a try, good luck. thank you for being interested in Chinese culture.
Last edited by RedRose on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

idalia wrote:Number 1 means heart
number 2 means beautiful girl

are they :R: ???????? or :W: ????
:R: :R: :R: :R: :R: :R:

amazing!! how did you know??
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

RedRose wrote:if you were here in GuangZhou, I would have slapped on your face!
Slap me????

Oh Redrose, you didn't read any of my Vietnam stories, eh? I fully explained how I react to people slapping me. Not good at all.

Wow, Idalia, how did you guess that????? You are one talented individual! Have you thought about trying to pick up the language?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Unknownsu, I know, when people slap you, you always kiss them back.

Not good at all :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

So that's why you want to slap me? Because you know I will kiss you??? You're right, not good at all!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Well, once in our lives we all can be amazing. ;)

Red, I think Chinese culture is really interesting since it is one of the oldest and plenty of knowledge.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Unknownsu, I am glad that we both feel the same way at the first time.

not good at all :mrgreen:
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Red is that true???? you want Unknownsu to kiss you???

:?: :?: :?:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Idalia, you are truly amazing. Now, I'm positive you cannot guess the rest! It's just too difficult!

And yes, it is very true. She really wants me to kiss her because the first time I spoke with her, she fell madly in love with me. :mrgreen:
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

hey just give me a few minutes ok?

and I suppose YOU with HER :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by idalia on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Sorry, I think you fluked the first two. Take all the time you need, you will not get it. If you do, I will call you my Chinese teacher, deal?
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

number 3 fire
number 4 water
number 5 earth

Am I correct?????????
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, something's seriously wrong. Someone is tipping you off, I know it! Either that or you are checking the internet!!!! NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm calling the bet off!!!!!!
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Of course not! I'm not checking the INTERNET. Are you saying I'm not able to guess the meanings by myself????????????
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Of course not, I just think it's almost impossible. Sorry but I still can't find it in my heart to believe you......cheater.
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

hey wait! where's RedRose????? Is she gone now????? I'm trying to give her a surprise :!: :!: :!:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Hehe, she was the "other" hidden user but I think I scared her off, that gutless coward! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OK, at any moment she's gonna read this so I'll finish guessing the meanings

Number 6 gold
Number 7 wood

and as I'm a clever girl, I'm gonna add this:

from 3 to 6 are the five elements in chinese culture :mrgreen:

Interesting, right?????? ;)
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I am back from toilet. Unknownsu, you thought you could scare me? Oops! that is just your dream anyway! :mrgreen:

and idalia, so amazing! how did you know Chinese culture that much? maybe your parents are experts of Chinese culture? and you consulted with them?? that is the most reasonable explanation why you are so interested in Chinese culture and know her so broad!
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

No, my parents are mexican, and although my father is a very intelligent man, I didn't ask him, 'cause he lives in a different city.

And you know, I've read something! :mrgreen:
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

wow! you were reading something online? No wonder! :mrgreen:
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Who said "online"? :roll: :roll: :roll:
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

then you must have read many books about Chinese culture. I am glad to know a Mexican girl likes Chinese culture. :mrgreen:
orange
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by orange »

RedRose wrote:then you must have read many books about Chinese culture. I am glad to know a Mexican girl likes Chinese culture. :mrgreen:
I wonder if you are glad to know a Vietnam girl likes Chinese Culture very much, especially chinese songs....but she cannot learn this language any more :cry: , even she failed a few times in examination about it :oops: .....or not?
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Too funny, this is just too funny!!!

Hi, Vietnam girl who likes Chinese culture! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: What city are you from?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

orange wrote:
RedRose wrote:then you must have read many books about Chinese culture. I am glad to know a Mexican girl likes Chinese culture. :mrgreen:
I wonder if you are glad to know a Vietnam girl likes Chinese Culture very much, especially chinese songs....but she cannot learn this language any more :cry: , even she failed a few times in examination about it :oops: .....or not?
wow! I am so ecstatic that a Vietnamese girl loves Chinese culture! sorry, you failed to examinations about Chinese culture. Can I give you some advices? if you wanna learn Chinese language or any second language well, first of all, you have to be interested in it, just pour plenty of your passion on what you are learning. and you'd better pour the same strong passion on the language as Unknownsu always pours on girls. that way, you are almost there.