Why makeups??

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Phoebe

Why makeups??

Post by Phoebe »

I am now a junior student in college, and i am confront with stepping into the society. i like the casual way of life, especially, i like wearing sports and leisure clothes. But my friends and my parents advice me to be more maturer in appearence, and they say doing makeups is necessary and important for girls. i hate makeups. should we do that if we want to be a successful lady both in family and work??
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Why makeups??

Post by Chet Baker »

Phoebe wrote:I am now a junior student in college, and i am confront with stepping into the society. i like the casual way of life, especially, i like wearing sports and leisure clothes. But my friends and my parents advice me to be more maturer in appearence, and they say doing makeups is necessary and important for girls. i hate makeups. should we do that if we want to be a successful lady both in family and work??
Hi Phoebe, althought, i am a man, i don't need to make up when i go to work. I understand the feeling of dislike and it will make you unconfortable. I need to put on my businese suit even the temperature is high or rainny. The reason is that you need to show your respect to your clients. making up has the same meaning.
fatyma1417
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by fatyma1417 »

Phoebe,

AM a 21 yrs old girl that looks like a 15, and i know that because everyone tells me i dond wear make-up either because i believe it acts just as a mask i dont wear girlish clothes like you i preffer a good pair of sneakers pants and a tshirt with scooby doo in it
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Wearing make-up or not is a personal choice, not an obligation. Personally, I put on make-up everyday, but that's because I got used to it many years ago. I can't go out without it :!: But it's very light, I do not look like a clown! :lol: :mrgreen:
takeshi

Post by takeshi »

makeups makes girls more attractive and charming.why not?? :?:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

takeshi wrote:makeups makes girls more attractive and charming.why not?? :?:
Well, I know a lot of guys who think we shouldn't wear make-up, because beauty is a natural feature. My boyfriend always says that make-up just hides reality :D
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

People let themselves believe that possession and appearance are so important.

Inform people about environment, about nature ! make them conscious and sensitive.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Phoebe, I think you'd look nicer wearing make-up. Of course you have to look as natural as possible. If you wear too much, you'll like a clown! :lol:
Anyhow, I think it's up to you whether to wear it or not. As Dix said, it's not an obligation.
Most women wear make-up and they really look good.
As for me, I don't like to wear make-up. My mom always tells me to wear it and I only listen to her whenever I have to go out.
Once I remember one of aunts who always used to wear make-up wherever she went. One day, I happened to see her without it and I was shocked. She looked so different. Well the thing is that she wears way too much, she looks like a clown most of the time. :mrgreen:
babyangel

Post by babyangel »

Simply, make-up makes women more beautiful. ;) I don't like to see make-up man. :evil:
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

Dixie wrote:Wearing make-up or not is a personal choice, not an obligation. Personally, I put on make-up everyday, but that's because I got used to it many years ago. I can't go out without it :!: But it's very light, I do not look like a clown! :lol: :mrgreen:
You sure don't !!! :)
Lapkina

Post by Lapkina »

I'm fond of make up. I always buy a lot of lipglosses and mascaras, but I use a little. I prefer natural look, but being natural blond I can't go out without mascara. I use a lip gloss, because I've got pretty lips and it helps others to see it;)
Anja

Post by Anja »

As for me, I rarely wear a make-up (only in that cases when I really have to: on hollydays, dates etc.) I support a defense of natural beauty.
Ari

Post by Ari »

i also hate make up especially eyeshadow

but mam want me to wear it
to make ugly women uglier and beautiful women ugly
[/quote]
Actions speak louder than words
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Why makeups??

Post by Ms.A.Z »

Phoebe wrote:my parents advice me to be more maturer in appearence, and they say doing makeups is necessary and important for girls.
HI,

Its not important or necessary for girls to put makeup infact natural beauty is better if you ask me. Its just a matter of choice and prefrence some like to put makeup and some don't but dose not mean you SHOULD.I some times go out without makesup and some times I never leave home without it ,depending on my mood and the place I'm going to :roll: . About dressing well, well its good to dress well and look good not just because your a girl trying to attract boys or so but for your self. :wink:
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

i prefere agirl with out meckup !!!!! :lol: 8)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

i think make ups are for people who need make-overs.. ;p
trinity19

Post by trinity19 »

i think you should do what you feel comfortable with and not what other people tell you. personally, i put make up when i want, when i feel comfortable with it but never as a rule or because of what people will think...
Pinay

Post by Pinay »

Make-up allows you to play up your features. You can play up your features to look vampy, or you can apply a hint of pink to bring out the sweetness in your personality...
The eternal student. There is much to learn, discover and talk about.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

yeah whatever... but still i guess being natural is so much better than having a wallpaper on your face and all pimples and spots covered thoroughly...
Last edited by illusion on Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kk

Post by kk »

I think that you had better makeups.
Makeups will makes you beautiful.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

kk wrote:I think that you had better makeups.
Makeups will makes you beautiful.
Well it depends... :lol:

My boyfriend always mocks at me and says: "why do you put on make-up?? Do you want to hide reality?" :lol: YES I DO!
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Perhaps make-up makes girls/women more self confident.
It's like men going to gym club, eating proteine powders, in order to look more muscular.

And, what should stars do without make-ups?

http://www.aol.de/index.jsp?cid=1208842 ... 16202&id=1
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Why make-up ? because some people think that they are down. I will never understand this pessimism.

Going up, falling down. Flying, falling down.

Walking, running, keeping contact with Earth, with nature, with reality, ...

and falling nevertheless. :lol:

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, in my opinion is not the case of hiding reality, i think it's more like to dress something to be beautiful, or some elegant shoes, i mean.. i think it's a normal think compared with other parts of been beautiful, , it has the objective of making the women look more sensual, i don't see nothing bad in that... but this is the opinion of a men that like very much to see beautiful and sensual women’s 8)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I don't wear makeup very much at all. If I am going to something special I do. I must admit I enjoy it when I do my husband always comments on how nice I look, which makes me feel good. I think that is what it is about. If you wear makeup and it makes you feel good about yourself; why not?

8)
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

shazzam1452:
I don't wear makeup very much at all. If I am going to something special I do. I must admit I enjoy it when I do my husband always comments on how nice I look, which makes me feel good. I think that is what it is about. If you wear makeup and it makes you feel good about yourself; why not?
I agree with you.......
Antti

You are already made up

Post by Antti »

Honour your father and your mother says God in His Word. Speak with them using good words. They have not ordered you, they have adviced you. You are best such as God has made you. He has made everything beautiful in His time. Be blessed.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: You are already made up

Post by Rui »

Antti wrote:Honour your father and your mother says God in His Word. Speak with them using good words. They have not ordered you, they have adviced you. You are best such as God has made you. He has made everything beautiful in His time. Be blessed.
i guess you are against make up, is that the point? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Antti

Not against using makeup but for the hearing of God's Word

Post by Antti »

The point is this: I have found it lovely to live such as God has made us. So live we, my dear wife and four sons and three daughters born to us. All love God. No one uses makeup.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

whatever it could be my opinion i loved the way you've expressed your idea :wink: very well, and by the way.. welcome to EC :wink:
keko

Make-up

Post by keko »

Definitively is a matter of a personal choice.On the other hand,this topic could be considered as a cultural demonstration of the endless love multiplication game, but this matter has several points of view, it is not that simple.
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

i wish i can make- up, i have pimples, pity... :cry: :cry: :cry: i always heard that there are no ugly women in the world, only lazy women. and, my dad always said without make-up equal to without washing face. :roll:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

usually I am against make up but sometimes when I see people with spots all around their faces I can't help getting shivers. I know it's a strange reaction but I really do...and I think in that case make up is a must....
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Well girls,

I hated make up. I think is a waste of time. But when my sister died she let lots os shadow, lipstick, liquid found, etc. What to do with that things?
I gave some to some of my friends, but my friends don´t use make up too.
I continuo with lots os that objects, my sister died in 2003. Some months before (2) I decide use them.
The liquid base don´t cover my freekless, my color skin is a little, only a little tan. I mean chages was only to remark my characteristics: Big brown eyes, beautiful and sexy mouth, etc. I confirm is a waste of time, but for me is not a mask, I use make up in small quantities. I´m the same, my personality is the same, only that now my friends say: You look better than another days.
As Dixie say make up is a personal desition, but isn´t a mask. My sister an Mom used to tell me: Make up girl, but I prefered only wash my face and not problem. now I make up and not problem
Do what you want, only that.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

I said and ill say it again... what the hell we can have against make up :) if its something that helps womens to get more sexy and beautiful, dam... let them do it :lol: im talking in name of the big company called mens company 8)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:I said and ill say it again... what the hell we can have against make up :) if its something that helps womens to get more sexy and beautiful, dam... let them do it :lol: im talking in name of the big company called mens company 8)
I think you're the first man I hear say he's not against make-up ;) Unless you were talking about making up which of course is a very different thing :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Some men are not against make-up, Dixie? Do you remember the Ichiban, lipstick for men, commercial? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote:Some men are not against make-up, Dixie? Do you remember the Ichiban, lipstick for men, commercial? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joey looked gorgeous! :lol:
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

i love FRIENDS!! :P :P
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

sonyym wrote:i love FRIENDS!! :P :P
me too!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Some men are not against make-up, Dixie? Do you remember the Ichiban, lipstick for men, commercial? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joey looked gorgeous! :lol:
And so will Rui. :wink: :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

:D :D Rui quit hidding... come here baby 8)