Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:47 pm

Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

judy

Re: Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Postby judy » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:16 am

Talking Point wrote:Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

yes, i think so. they are growing too quickly not only in their physical bodies, but further in their inner minds.
sometimes, you would be awakward if you couldn't have paid more attention to their questions and asking.
i think it's better to try to be their friends and to get development altogether while they're growing up.

Anne

Yes, children grow up too quickly nowadays.

Postby Anne » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:55 am

To certain extent children nowadays grow too quickly mentally so much so that they are like adults trapped in chidren's body.

harsh

children are intelligent

Postby harsh » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:49 am

yes we have seen today's children talking things which a person of his father's age doesn't know. children are now intelligent from their birthtime
they are taking more interest in internet, extra curricular activities and sports. infact children today, are really smart!

detective

Postby detective » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:27 am

I dont think so. Nowadays everything goes fast. If children dont grow quickly ( as u said ) they cant catch up with the development of these around them. Maybe they do something their parents find it difficult to accept, something not really good but they also get many increditable achivements in a lot of aspects :D

sk

Postby sk » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:57 am

yes, kids are really growing up fastly nowadays
when i look at my cousin, she is 12 years old, i see that her mind and her interest are really different from those i had when i was her age. she wants to kiss boys and go to parties, when i was her age all i wanted was to play with my dools

Re: Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:59 am

Talking Point wrote:Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

:D..First of all I will introduce myself I am praveen working in bangalore. I was born and brought up in kerala. I found there is a huge difference between children in kerala and Bangalore, here in bangalore children are growing fastly compare to kerala especially girls. I think their food habits may be the reason. If u look at a girl at the age of 5-15 u can see their growth, when I was doing my schooling my class mates (girls) were small in size. But now days girls are big in size.

Hong Nhung

Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays ?

Postby Hong Nhung » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:49 am

In my opinion ,I see that children today grow too quickly ,which is both about their phsycology and their phisic .It is because they are looked after better now than children used to be .They have more opportunities to recive and contact with many modern achivements .For example ,a child at the age of 4 or 5 can know sth even very much about the way of using a TV or so on .In addition ,children also have many chances to do many modern things without any difficult .
I think this is good for them .They can be more confident in the future .However ,because of a wide range knowleage of many fields they can do sth not good .It shouldn't be for them .
In short ,I agree that children grow too quickly today .

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:27 pm

Because their nourishment is very well.

sandeep

childern grow quickly

Postby sandeep » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:05 pm

Yes they do. Growth here means mental growth and not physical. This is precisely because of the unbelievable kind of knowledge exposure which they are getting now a days .This knowledge exposure is mainly in the form of media exposure. In other words we can say that childern lose their innosence earlier than ever before which i believe is harmful.

sandeep
sandeepc123@yahoo.com

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:36 am

Yea i think so...now a days due to fastness or sharpness of media the sexual drive of children is fast as it was before...Thats why they think about mature & adult contents at age of 10-12 i.e. love,kiss,movies etc..
hope u'ill understand my broken english

suzana

Do you think children grow too fast nowadays?

Postby suzana » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:11 am

I don't know if 'nowadays' is the right expression.
I feel that they are more clever because they have more information about everything.
Parents talk to them very often, they can get any piece of informtion they want.
Actually, I think my son is growing up too fast. He grows up whereas I'm aging.[/u][/i][/b]

member-eclub

Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Postby member-eclub » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:01 pm

I think that children grow up too quickly nowadays is very normal. there are many reasons but in my opinion, the main reason is that our society has changed dramatically, more modern much. This also means there are many opportunities and challenges for children so they have to grow up too quickly to adjust themselves with their environment.However, that is good or bad depends on your thought. do you agree?

discipulus2001

Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowaday?

Postby discipulus2001 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:30 pm

Yes, I do. Mostly, because today´s world is completely different, more accessible and many changes happenned since then. The speed which the changes have been happening are crucial to this more accelerated growing of our children and "you can not to bathe twice in the same river" ) . It singnifies that they are winning the classical battle of life. They will survive. We will go on in the face of the Earth.

gonca

Postby gonca » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:30 am

:? yes maybe it's right to think that children grow too fast but we cannot know whether this is good or bad,from one aspect this is good because by this way they become more logical people,but from another point becoming an adult needs to do everything in an order, you cannot hide any of your fault bu saying yau are still child. i think we should let our children live and feel their physical age's habits and feelings

RUIZHU

CHILDREN GROW QUICKLY

Postby RUIZHU » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:49 am

I AM SURE THAT CHILDREN ARE GROWING QUICKLY AND NORMALLY TO-DAY THE ADULTS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THEM AND MAKING GOOD FRIENDS WITH THEM

Milly

Children have grown up fastly nowadays.

Postby Milly » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:49 am

:wink: see from children in metal, yeah, nowdays, children can get different information from Tv,film,magazin,etc . So then our children know everything, not only they should know, but also they should not know, at least something they should know at their childhood. My nephew somes talked with me, some words she taked surprized me. Her mature opinions,but she is only 5 years old. on one side, her words amused me ,but on other side, I think without child's puerile, she seems not very cute. see from children in pysical, yeah, because of rich nourishment of nowdays food, and hormone exist in some kinds of food.

costadina

children

Postby costadina » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:30 pm

I believe that children do grow up faster nowadays, but that is because they have to. When everything around them changes and becomes more complicated than it used to, they either have to grow up and mature fast or risk being left behind. Also, they know more than their parents did at their age, because there is more to know. :o

kirk

Childred

Postby kirk » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:25 pm

I believe that children are the future assets of thier countries. However, few countries really take care of children by providing proper education, housing and health care. But in many countries, especially in developing countries, child labor is very much practiced. Children cannot go the school, instead they have to help financially at home and earn money by selling themselves or by picking up from dampers suppose useful items and sell them later.
One thirh of the population earns less that a dollar a day, and african children before they reach the age of four are simply dead. It is estimated that 2,500 children in african died every day. We all know the statistics of it, but those in power do nothing to prevent those casualties. Rich or developed nations area racing to conquer the oceans and the space instead of putting their hands on a human being.
We really do not care any more. After all their lives are of insignificance. Well, that is wrong. We lucky that have food and shelter every day.
We think in ourselves first, possible in ourselves again, and nothing about anybody else.
We have lost the sense of human values. We have transformed ourselves to material items first then in humans. Dignity and family values are old fashion. What a petty.

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”