What can be done about football hooliganism?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

What can be done about football hooliganism?

Post by TalkingPoint »

What can be done about football hooliganism? Is football hooliganism a real problem? If so, what should governments do to stop it?

hooligan (noun) = a violent (young) troublemaker
hooliganism (noun) = the action and behaviour of hooligans
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zero

What to do about football hooligans.

Post by Zero »

Shoot them!

But first...hang, draw and quarter them.
ttj88

football

Post by ttj88 »

they must be punished
ttj88

football

Post by ttj88 »

they must be punished

Re: What can be done about football hooliganism?

Post by Guest »

I think that hooliganism is a social phenomenon and it's a result rather than a cause. I agree with most people ideas about the fact that they must be punished. But, 'crime and punishment' is a delicate topic. In the fact of holiganism, we should also think the real reasons under the surface such as poor life conditions, dissatisfaction in their lives, a world without love and the system that says some people 'sorry you are the victims, you have no chance to live better like others'. I think it is very hard to cope with holiganism. It needs radical solutions which may affect the source of the crime in society. You can not take holiganism apart from the other criminal events. Moreover, you can not escape from the responsibility of the crime as a member of a society.
antony

Post by antony »

My opinion about the hooliganism is that hooligans sent away people from stadium and do bad to their teams.

Post by Guest »

sadeka behlim
too drunk

hooliganism

Post by too drunk »

the boys just want to have fun drinking beer and cheer! :D
awang

Re: What can be done about football hooliganism?

Post by awang »

Talking Point wrote:What can be done about football hooliganism?

Some people think that football hooligans are a menace to society. They think that they should go to prison for a long time. Some countries - England, for example, where many of the hooligans seem to come from - try to stop known hooligans travelling to matches. But many people argue that this is a weak response to a serious problem.

What are your views?

Is football hooliganism a real problem?
If so, what should governments do to stop it?

hooligan (noun) = a violent (young) troublemaker
hooliganism (noun) = the action and behaviour of hooligans
:D
Golgotha

:)

Post by Golgotha »

It's their own bussiness I think. If the law is unable to punish 'em, let them be 8) .
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

well this is for sure a big problem and i think that the governments are trying thier best in terms of security but the media must play a big rule in making these groups aware that this is JUST A GAME and that these violent actions will lead them to death some times :x irealy think that some of those people have mental problems and this should be put in mind
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

I like soccer. It's a kind of sport which could make people very excited.
But I think football hooliganism is for sure a real problem, too. In some country, such as England, it is especially remarkable, whereas other countries do have, but much less remarkable. I think these countries should find the real problem under the surface, and what makes football hooliganism to be so violent in your regions ?
Etore
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Etore »

In my opinion, hard punishment is the way to stop them.
Etore