i saw a few jokes & wanna share
did you ever wonder?
1. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
2. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
3. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
4. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
5. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
6. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?
7. If a word were misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
8. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
9. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
10. Why do "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?
11. Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
12. Why do 'tug' boats push their barges?
13. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?
14. Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?
15. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light”?
16. Doesn't 'expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
17. Why are a 'wise man' and a ‘wise guy’ opposite?
18. Why do 'overlook' and 'oversee' mean opposite things?
19. Why is phonics not spelled the way it sounds?
20. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
22. Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?
23. Why is it that to stop Windows 98, you have to click on "Start"?
24. Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?
25. Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
26. Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?
27. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
28. Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
29. When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?
30. Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
31. You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
32. Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
33. Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
34. If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
35. If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?
will come back with more