a better world - what do you think???

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hi moon

so u want to know if its possible to make the world a better place ..well i believe that as we move one step forward the world becomes worse then it was before..corruption is every where..drugs and alcohols are ever where...wars....crimes ..etc etc and etc..i just dont think its possbile dear and even if it was possible it wont last for ever.....
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

If you look at what youngsters are doing, look at their effort and read the projects ...

http://www.takingitglobal.org
http://www.peacechild.org/bethechange/default.asp

Can the world be better? Yes, we hold the key :!:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello moon

Post by Arale »

ms_a.z ,I don't agree with you that the world is getting worse
each day. We cannot deny the great development of human'slife, technology is a good example. Of course, there are so many people in poverty now, in war too, especially in Africa.
Every country is better each day but the gap between rich and poor countries, between the rich and the poor is really so big ...
Development of human's life is in general but how to distribute that advantage to all residents who are present in the world, indeed people have not done it.
_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hi arale

well first of all u dont have to agree with me ha ha ha..i agree with u not totally but some of the stuff u said is ture maybe for people like us (who r acutlly having a better life away from war sinkess , poor economic conditions of course we love our life and we think that the world is a better place ) but what about others...they r dying day by day why....and what r we doing nothing..can we do some thing ..i dont think so...i dont say that the world has become a wrose place human has ever seen but from what i see every day in tv in news papers i just wish if i can do some thing for others u know.....but some times i feel like we dont deserve to enjoy our lives while there r others who r in pain..!!!..
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Hi ms_az,
ms_az, I do know there are many many people dying everyday in the world cos they have to live in poverty, in poor conditions without food, clothes, clean water...How sad when there are so many rich ones who own a great amount of proverty while others are hungry to death. It is really unfair.
ms_az, there are no people who are for concience's shake will be happy to see others starve or live in pains. Only cruel ones do that and it seems the ratio of those is not small.
As for this, I completely agree with you .
_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antje

Post by Antje »

I think it's not about making the world a better place at once but it's possible for everybody to make him/herself a better human being: more friendly, more patient, more understanding, more happy ... + every time you smile at somebody, you are nice to s.b. or try to understand s.b. you make him feel better + the better one feels the better he is to the others ... I believe that this is the way to make this world a better place for all of us to live in. Peace + Love from Antje
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

i agree with u antje...bye
Adhir Garg

Making World a Happier place ha ha ha

Post by Adhir Garg »

hi guys (especially Arale, moon),

So we r discussing 1. ways to make world happier place to live 2. how to do it if possible.

World is happier and is a bit divided.. There are some optimistic people who believe that it is getting better because of technologies ( we have aeroplanes to move in a short period, cars etc which make life easier, computer here which is being used for chatting :wink: etc.). On the other hand there are some pessimistic who believe that these aeroplanes would create more pollution thus making earth more unlively place.. Well both type of people have their own strong points. But we should consider both things. There are some ways we can improve. If we just stick to our roots and then try to change things a bit, definitely World can be made a happier place... So we should try it.. .(Are u able to get something..???? :) NO Tension aish kar lo.. This life is very small :)
Life is very short (max 100 years normally), so enjoy every moment of it

Adhir
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Hello all people talking about this topic ,
The world is better or not ,it depends on each person's opinion .Yes ,Adhir Garg ,there are optimistic people and pessimistic ones .I wonder whether optimistic people are living in good condition and vice versa ? Do you mean they have a good life so their opinion is optimistic too ?
Antje ,of course everybody has to strive to be better ,to complete our personality .< But in fact ,there are many people being worse each day so I don't called them human when they are corrupted >.Everyone is better so the world is better as well .Well ,so I mean to make our world better it belongs to each person ,each family ,each city ,each nation ...
As I said what is a better world we mean is also a problem .As for me ,a better world is a world in which both material and spritual life are better .
If we think our life is good it will be good
If we think our life is bad it will be bad .

_Arale_
zhouxiangde

Re: a better world - what do you think???

Post by zhouxiangde »

Moon wrote:Hi everyone ,
A lot of people talk about making the world a ( better place ). Do you think this is possible??? :roll:
If (yes), tell me how, and if (no), tell me why.

see you soon

it is impossible to let the world become more beautiful ,for the war, drugs ,crime,etc, often occurs and happened in the world, so we don;t think so, we must keep clean brain to do my best in real work and get more money to feed myself.
ddai130

Post by ddai130 »

Yeah . For the time being . the human being is having better and better life as a whole in terms of material wealthy . But what about others , animals . plants ?? when we are talking about something like world is being better or not . should we have included every aspect of lives into the consideration ?

We are on a way no back ,no companion , and overconfident over advanced technoloy in developing our life / when we are getting more and more civilized , we 'd better find ways how human being co-existed with others in harmony