Do you want your own clone?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Do you want your own clone?

Post by TalkingPoint »

Do you want your own clone? What are the advantages and disadvantages of cloning people?

Do you agree with the cloning of working animals such as police dogs? How do you feel about the cloning of animals that we eat, such as cows?

English Checker
cloning: the process of making a copy of an animal or other organism asexually (non-sexually)
clone: an animal or other organism that is the exact copy of another, and produced from it asexually
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
snezana

Post by snezana »

I'm against cloning and wouldnt like to have my own clone...Just imagine how awful it would be, to run into your own copy just walking along some street one of these days...
Each of us is an individual personality...we are all different that's why world isn't bouring :!:
As for cloning animals, i can't make up my mind...if it would help starving people, it's good and needed...but in the other hand, cloning is against the nature..who could predict the consequences.. :?:
catrenthot

Post by catrenthot »

I know this is evil but sometimes I wish I had a clone. Who can understand you more than yourself? Who can tallk with you like your clone? Maybe it's just like a twin?
Kokeshi

Post by Kokeshi »

I don't want to have a clone of myself... I think each one is an individual human being and that must be respected.
Making "copies" of someone only can bring psychological damages... For the human beings is going to be hard to see somebody else just like them and for the "clone" is going to be very difficult to find their own identity.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
ddai130

Post by ddai130 »

I am always suspect of that a clone can really bring something in exact a copy . Should be some difference from the original . right ? To me ,Clone is just providing a new way for human being self -copy, re-generate . Right now it doesnot have much meaning , But it is a new technology which can't be banned and also we are unable to ban it with more and more this society developed . one day .It is destined to get into every corner of our life , Most of us will not accept it right now , But our descendant may say yes to them !
Adhir Garg

Clone NO Never !!

Post by Adhir Garg »

I feel there is so much population in world that no UNNECESSARY people for playing (for understanding) are required ...

Moreover, as you think of cloning, there are other billionaires, millionaires who think in the same way, similarly terrorists might think in the same way.. Can we really bear up the load of so many terrrorist ? The answer is NO. So we should avoid cloning. Many countries had banned cloning because of the same reason !! :(

Enjoy
Life is very short (max 100 years normally), so enjoy every moment of it

Adhir
chenlifen22

Would you want to have your own clone

Post by chenlifen22 »

definitely not.i always think i am an unique one in this world or maybe in this universe :) :) . if i have my own clone, that' not me,only someone have the same G as me. that means nothing to me. if i died one day, the clone would not instead of me. and i don't think my parents and friends will accept it as me .
adriana_a

hmm...

Post by adriana_a »

I am totally against cloning!...Concerning the animal testing part or cloning I think it's a waste of time 'coz no one will ever eat cloned animals...just think of the idea of a cloned animal and you'll get sick 'coz that meat is a fake...As for me I don't want to live for ever, like over 100 years old...This life is enough for me, I don't need another one...And, above all, I'm unique!
Hello everybody! Who is interested in someone interesting...?!?
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Cloning can help couples who are not able to give births so it is good if people use this method in a possotive way.

_Arale_
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Cloning can help couples who are not able to give births so it is good if people use this method in a possotive way.

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Arale wrote:Cloning can help couples who are not able to give births so it is good if people use this method in a possotive way.

_Arale_
That's not cloning. Please read more about cloning. How can they clone a child if they haven't had one in the first place? Cloning= duplicate. I hope this give you the idea of cloning.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Arale wrote:

_Arale_

That's not cloning. Please read more about cloning. How can they clone a child if they haven't had one in the first place? Cloning= duplicate. I hope this give you the idea of cloning.
Well, I mean if cloning technology is successful, couples that cannot give births may adopt cloning children.Adopting normal children has many problems.They may leave their adopted children when they find their true parent.

_Arale_
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

oh I get it now, cloning means creating many others who look like the same as the origin.Thanks much Lenne Tran.
Ah it is quite interesting ,you have many copies of yourself. :wink:
Well,let's imagine your lover cannot find you among these clonning ones.

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

I don't think that's the case, Arale. Although children might go back to find their biological parents when they get older, they'll still stick with their adopted parents. It's the love we're talking about here. I don't think they will throw away all the years that their adopted parents have been raising them. In fact, it's inhuman to leave their adopted parents. Those are people who were willing to open their arms when they were neglected. Do you think it's right for them to forget all that years? By the way, orphans are everywhere. Why would a couple need a clone? Children cloning happened only when the parents lost their babies and they wanted to bring them back since they couldn't handle the pain or let go of it, I think.

Post by Guest »

Arale wrote:oh I get it now, cloning means creating many others who look like the same as the origin.Thanks much Lenne Tran.
Ah it is quite interesting ,you have many copies of yourself. :wink:
Well,let's imagine your lover cannot find you among these clonning ones.

_Arale_
There we go... Good job Arale :wink:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

But clonning is still a question unsolved for scientists.I read some cartoon stories that talk about cloning people and their cruelty.They have no emotion and kill the origins to control the world.The earth may be lost in clonning people's hand one day !hehe.....

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Yup yup... that's right. That's why most of us are against cloning. We had one Hitler in the past who were trying to dominate the world, who knows we will have another Hitler in the future or not. If human cloning is possible, it could bring good plus bad doings. The good doing could be the scientists could learn more about the diseases if they cloned their patients. They could try the new medicines on those clones--kinda inhuman to me though. Although they were clones, they still were counted as humans, weren't they? The wrong doings would be someone, some group or some race tried to dominate another. Serial killers would clone themselves to do more serious killings. Psyscho people would clone themselves to manipulate others, on and on such and such. In overall, it's not a good idea to try to success on human cloning. More bad things would happen than goods.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Ah if there are another Einstein,Galileo,Noben or Mari Curi ...it is so wonderful, isn't it? But if there was another Hiller, the world would die.
In overall, it's not a good idea to try to success on human cloning. More bad things would happen than goods.
I do agree with you.

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Arale wrote:Ah if there are another Einstein,Galileo,Noben or Mari Curi ...it is so wonderful, isn't it? But if there was another Hiller, the world would die.
In overall, it's not a good idea to try to success on human cloning. More bad things would happen than goods.
I do agree with you.

_Arale_
Which one do you think would do us more harm than good, clones of those scientists and another Hitler or banning study of cloning?
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Quote:
I agree with this idea ! :_))

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Gotcha! You voted for banning the study of cloning. :wink:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Gotcha! You voted for banning the study of cloning. :wink:
Yes I do though I know that means I against the develpment of science. :wink:

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Not all part of science is good. I, for once, don't think cloning is a good idea. I don't know about the future though. I might change my opinion, who knows. But as far as I know now, I'm against it.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Not all parts of science are good but everything though bad or good will develope according to the rule of development.Do you remember that rule in philosophy? It said everything will develope like a spiral.So though we're against clonning it still developes naturally.
We do nothing but wait and guess! :wink:

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Ok Arale It's nice exchanging thoughts with you but I have to leave now. I have to work early tomorrow and I have study group to go to. I'll see you in another one or two weeks or more. Take care ok and have fun with the forums. :wink:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

So glad to see you today.Wish you a happy time ! Find fun in working ok? :wink:
Take care!

_Arale_
vivian_1987

Post by vivian_1987 »

I do not want my own clone, because i believe that the uniqueness of human beings is what makes us special. We are all different, yet we are all the same. These differences let us learn from one another. I value differences more than similarities and therefore, i would not want another 'me'.
However I would accept cloning if the cloning of people was for medical purposes such as replacing a disabled organ or body part. As stated from the readings from God , we are allowed to use methods to help us when we are in critical conditions. Thus, i think cloning is acceptable if the patient is in absolute need of an organ transplant or body part
nino

Re: Do you want your own clone?

Post by nino »

no i don't want my own clone!!its strange i think cloning people is not good and dangerous.maybe only animals for disease,viruse etc only for health.
AshGeos

Post by AshGeos »

I don't want my own clone because i think it's pretty scary to have or see someone who is like you and thinks like you..
maybe he'll kill you one day because he wants to be you and not just the "clone"...
I think it's not good to eat cloned animals on the other hand, it will be necessary to clone animals that all have enough to eat and don't have to starve..but generelly i'm against cloning..it scares me..:~:

D.R.
Ilove

Post by Ilove »

Cloning sounds interesting and a new intervention of humans. However, I do not want my own clone because it is against the nature. I do not see it is advantageous to this world. For example, natural/organic foods are beneficial to us whereas artificial ones are not. I ain't good at cloning, so I cannot predict those undiscovered, negative consequences to us. =)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

When it comes to the proliferation of human life, I guess it's better not to change our beginnings.
I personally would not wish to have/see my own clone.
esl member since 2007
gopinath

Post by gopinath »

i dnt want to clone . It wast of time