Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

meiya

I ever got a dream

Postby meiya » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:53 pm

I dreamed I was sitting in the end of a train.And a voice told me that I must remember the number "94313" in my heart,than i would be safe.
When i woke up,i can still remember the number "94313",and suddenly i found that its form is very similiar to the word "Jesus" in some way.Then i read this number in chinese(you know i am a chinese),to my surprise,it sounds so similiar to the pronuncation of Jesus!!!

meiya

sure

Postby meiya » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:57 pm

Sure i believe that dreams have the ability to prodict the future.

Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Pirate » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:29 pm

Nothing can predict the future, and so can't dreams!

My dreams are always a mixture, and a lot of funny things, such as a math teacher teach us football! But sometimes my dreams bring amazing feelings and I feel them very real, like once I rode on a horse in my dream, I can never forget what I felt!

Anta

Postby Anta » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:27 am

I can remenber my dream,althogh I don"t think the dram can forcast the future,but I often have the feel that what I have doing had taken place in my mind

shatha

let me just tell you..

Postby shatha » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:16 pm

Hello everyone..
Actually I don't speak English very well but I'd like to share you in this discussion..
I am Muslim and I do believe that our dreams mean something but not all dreams. Why? Because the dreams are three kinds :-
1. Confused Dreams which refer to the devil's cunning and cheat.
2. Dreams results from what we think about in our wake .
3. An afflatus from Allah (The God) to the person.
The dreams of the prophets were all truth because it's from Allah. We read many stories about this in Islam.
The pious and good person rarely see confused dreams because the devil rarely could affect on them.
The prophet Mohammed said that if someone so nice dream he should thanks Allah because it was from Allah and there is no problem to tell the people about his nice and lovely dream BUT if he( or even she ) saw a hateful dream that means it's from the devil and he shouldn't narrate it to anyone except after three days since he saw that dream ; that if he still want to narrate it. Do you know why? *actually I don't know how to explain that in English but I'm going to try and hopefully you can get the point.* now why? Because if you saw a hateful dream and then you tell someone about it and he expound the ream in bad way just from his imagination or even you did it may really happen. So, in this situation you should expound it in good way. That doesn't mean that it will happen like you expounded but it's better than you expound it in bad way then it really happen . ( hopefully you understand what I mean , if you don't please ignore this part  ) everything is clear in Islam.

In conclusion I would like to say that it's wrong way that you explain your dream by reading the books which included some specific explanation because it differs form one to one. Even if two persons dreamed the same dream it may doesn't mean the same meaning may be because the first one is married and the other one is single so it is going different.
Thank you ..

Never too old to learn

Re: let me just tell you..

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:37 am

shatha wrote:Hello everyone..
Actually I don't speak English very well but I'd like to share you in this discussion..
I am Muslim and I do believe that our dreams mean something but not all dreams. Why? Because the dreams are three kinds :-
1. Confused Dreams which refer to the devil's cunning and cheat.
2. Dreams results from what we think about in our wake .
3. An afflatus from Allah (The God) to the person.
The dreams of the prophets were all truth because it's from Allah. We read many stories about this in Islam.
The pious and good person rarely see confused dreams because the devil rarely could affect on them.
The prophet Mohammed said that if someone so nice dream he should thanks Allah because it was from Allah and there is no problem to tell the people about his nice and lovely dream BUT if he( or even she ) saw a hateful dream that means it's from the devil and he shouldn't narrate it to anyone except after three days since he saw that dream ; that if he still want to narrate it. Do you know why? *actually I don't know how to explain that in English but I'm going to try and hopefully you can get the point.* now why? Because if you saw a hateful dream and then you tell someone about it and he expound the ream in bad way just from his imagination or even you did it may really happen. So, in this situation you should expound it in good way. That doesn't mean that it will happen like you expounded but it's better than you expound it in bad way then it really happen . ( hopefully you understand what I mean , if you don't please ignore this part  ) everything is clear in Islam.

In conclusion I would like to say that it's wrong way that you explain your dream by reading the books which included some specific explanation because it differs form one to one. Even if two persons dreamed the same dream it may doesn't mean the same meaning may be because the first one is married and the other one is single so it is going different.
Thank you ..

This is unbelievable! :roll:

shatha

why?

Postby shatha » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:29 pm

hi simplyblessedwithlove

why it's unbelievable?? which part you did not believe it exactly ? it's real i swear to God it's all truth .. tell me just tell me what made you say that it's unbelievable i can explain more to you ( i hope :) )
Never too old to learn

Re: why?

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:51 pm

shatha wrote:hi simplyblessedwithlove

why it's unbelievable?? which part you did not believe it exactly ? it's real i swear to God it's all truth .. tell me just tell me what made you say that it's unbelievable i can explain more to you ( i hope :) )

No, thanks!

shatha

?

Postby shatha » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:36 pm

why you are saying that??
Never too old to learn

Dithzie

Dreams...

Postby Dithzie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:22 am

Dreams are just that...dreams. They are just a manifestation of one's subconscious. You dream because your brain is on hyperdrive. It doesn't stop working even if your body is on sleep mode. Sometimes you dream what you want to dream. There are times when you're half-awake you're thinking and dreaming at the same time. What you thought to be dreams are actually your imaginings. The boundary between sleep and reality gets mixed up in your head.

I don't think dreams are prophetic or that they give you warning of what's going to happen in the future. Things happen because they happen. When something happens that we think fits what we have dreamed of, then we assume it's prophetic and that a higher power gave us the ability to predict it through our dream.
Iamwhoam

Honey
Silver Member

Postby Honey » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:58 am

Hi! :wink:

I think dreams do reveal something. Not exactly a prediction of the future, though it can be related to coming events. They're related with our general thoughts. Let's suppose, for instance, you've thought about a car or marriage. Even though those thoughts are not as frequent as you might think, they remain in your subconscius, and they're revealed in your dreams.
When it's a situation you've been living and they manifest as one of the greatest possibilities in these events, people think that the dream was a prediction. :roll:

I just think of dreams as possibilities of our life, experiences and thoughts we contemplate deep inside. No more. :D

mariposa
Silver Member

Postby mariposa » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:31 am

Hi :wink:

Dreams!!! Sometime I go to sleep just to dream ( I know it is strange) I like 2 dream and it is mean alot in my opinion. Therefore, many of our dreams happened and become real. I think that our psychological state affects our dreams largely. For example, sometime you had a nightmare when you are frightened. But sometime my dream means nothing for me specially if I dreamed of someone who I thought about him/her before I sleep and when I get up I say to myself I saw them because I was thinking of them just that :!:

:wink: Sometime I just think about something or someone to see it in my dream.

Thats all :?

mariposa

EVAngelion

Re: Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Postby EVAngelion » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:06 am

TP wrote:Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Can you remember your dreams? What was the last dream you had?

Have you ever had a prophetic dream? What was it about? Do you believe that dreams can help us predict the future?

English Checker
    dream: a series of thoughts and images that happens in our mind when we sleep
    prophetic: telling us accurately about something in the future
    predict: state that something will happen in the future

Yeah,I do believe so.
I did have many prophetic dreams,especially when I was very young.Many things shew up in dreams became true afterwards.
And now sometimes I feel very similiar with the place I had never been before,just the first time went there or the people I had never met before,just the frist time to know....
I think destiny has been doomed before I was born...(a little far from our topic though...)
In China,there is a superstition but I don't think it's superstion that children and old people who are going to die could feel something and see some ghost which other people in other ages can't see....When I was young,I always feel I was haunted....even in dreams I often saw many ghost around me and talked about something,I was exteremly scared and had my hair stood on....But this feel doesnot exist when I grow up...Oh,maybe I would feel it later in my later years...
In EVANGELION I Trust...

milvankale

dreams are the messages from the future

Postby milvankale » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:58 pm

yes dreams are the messages from the future.ı believe that.
ın my opinion there are 3 kinds of dreams.
one of them is a message from future. İf you control your mind you will see lots of cases which are came true in your dreams.
second one, in your day life you want and desire somethings very much, you can see it in your dream in the same night.
third one is the utopian ones, you can see them in your all sleep time.
in a normal day people see lots of dreams but you can only remember the last one before you awake.

have nice dreams and try to remember your dreams.
who wants to be my penpals??
come on ı am waiting

monique_niimura

Postby monique_niimura » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:21 pm

well... what I know about dreams is that we dream EVERY night, because our brain needs to keep on working while we are sleeping, and the dreams exist for this. when we don't remember our dreams, it doesn't mean that we didn't have anyone.

talking about my dreams... well... it depends. sometimes I can't remember anything, or I just know that I had that weird dream from which I don't understan anything, you know? but during this last weeks, my dreams are staying with me when I wake up, and then I still can remember them. I'm having really realistic dreams and most of them are related to my day-by-day life, which wasn't so common before.

I don't know if dreams really mean anything, like, when they say that if you dream about "blah blah blah", then "blah blah blah" will happen one day. I can't really believe or understand that. but what I believe is that the dreams are, sure, related to our lives, to what we wish would come true, to what happened to us.

and if I could talk about nightmares, I would just say that I HATE them and I will never watch Ring or any other horror movie again because that almost made me go to a psychologist... and I'm serious about it.
todokanai kimi no aijou
todokanai boku no aijou
ima mo, hora ne

Dream

Postby Dream » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:13 pm

I used to believe that dreams are prophetic when I was schoolgirl, but now I don't. I think dreams are like a mirror for our secret (or maybe not secret) wishes or concealed horrors. I always want to travel a lot and in my dreams I visited such places which I can't ideate (usually it's not our world... but it may be just another city) :roll: Sometimes it's interesting for me to remember my dreams whatever it is and if I was a writer I would have a rich materials for stories... ;)
...Be happy...

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”