Holidays are a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Olga

Holidays it is a waste of time

Postby Olga » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:44 am

No, I am not agree with this statement. There are different reasons why a person needs holiday. First of all, it is a good opportunity to change the athmosphere. The second reason is that while being on holiday you can miss somebody, with whom you were bored to death. You get new emptions, forces for a future life.

Maryam

Postby Maryam » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:58 am

:o

of course it is not true.for me,being sick is better than working & studying.we r not robotts,we r humen we need 2 relax 2 enjoy our lifes.
add 2 this,
every one has their special holidays memories such as family gathering.......

& many things usefull can be done on holidays.

With my respects 4 all the opinions.

harachi

holiday

Postby harachi » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:38 am

How can we say : holiday is a wast of time ?,
To me it is the happiest day in a year, it is the time when I meet my friends, chit-chat, laugh and laugh all the time, eat my favourite food and read what I am interested. I mean I do all the things.

To me I think holiday is fantastic. Be happy with your holiday w/o worrying.

Be happy.

Lyuda

Re: Holidays are a waste of time

Postby Lyuda » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:08 am

dgd001 wrote:I completely agree that holidays are a waste of time :lol: When I am on holiday I still have to worry about work and then I can't relax worrying about all the things I have to do still :cry: . I think that if work was less stressful then holidays might actually be worthwhile :?

You are a bit selfish person! Now you think only about yourself! But think about children and teenagers also. Holidays are everything for them. They study hard for so long and then they have some time to rest and have fun. They are not grown up enough only to think about there problems. Remember yourself at that age and remember your waiting for holidays... :roll: :wink:

fallen

Postby fallen » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:56 am

holidays r not waste of time..its just the time for us to relax, which is very necessary to our lives..i'd like to have as many holidays as popssible in this life...

sanhong3

Postby sanhong3 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 am

i don not think so.I think we can benefit a lot from the holiday.In the first place,it can help us know and understand other cultures and people.Through it,we can always keep pace with the times. In the second place,we can relax ourselves in the process of holiday. Nowadays,with the society becoming more and more competitive

mannu201

holiday is waste of time

Postby mannu201 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:13 am

No, as per me holiday is not wasting of time becasue if you work hard for a day, for a month and for a year then you will be needed some time for taking a rest and enjoy yourself and your family.

But in some cases it is wastage of time if you go frequently on holiday then it would be waste of time along with money.

Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Pirate » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:27 pm

I remember once in our English class, we played a game. We, divided into 3 groups, were given 3 same card with the same situation: a man with a business failure and then it gave 3 ways to choose. Then depend on the answer we were given the next card. And you know, all the ways didn't work except the way of going to the beach and relax, which led us to a new chance.

So sometimes, holiday gives you more than a relaxing time :D

Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:54 am

No one agrees holidays are a waste of time.As for me, hard working people deserve holidays though they may be short and it is really a waste of time for lazy people who only want to enjoy life but not work hard.

_Arale_

paradise
Silver Member

Postby paradise » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Of course no

because we have to take a time for rest from our work , study ...etc . this time of rest help us to reactivate our effort to think and to give more
The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to its doer

authorityquery
Silver Member

Postby authorityquery » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:57 pm

Holidays become wasting because it's too long, but if nt, it's a good time.( about 7 days enough)
Holiday 's a time for you to relax and have a rest after hardworking.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted

Yan999

difinitely not, because i can not take over 7 days vacation

Postby Yan999 » Thu May 12, 2005 8:47 am

i have to work from monday to friday and weekend is necessary for me after understressed for 5 days, if its what you say holidays is wasting time, i will say no.
but if you can have half an year holidays and no plan at all, then its YES. so the answer really depends.

boss81vn

hello everybody.

Postby boss81vn » Mon May 30, 2005 4:19 am

hello everybody,
im a new one, i come from hcm city, vietnam.i joined this website with a desire to make friend with everybody in all over the world, i ask myself whether u would like to make friend with me by return email.
i look forward to hearing from your reply soon.

best regard.
email:trungcnguyen@ptsc.com.vn
hello everybody,

Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby Coolfish » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:17 am

Wo, holldays, my wish, my dream, but in fact, when I get into holldays, I find so many things to deal with. Only I have is a late waking.

slashworld

waste of time? of course no

Postby slashworld » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:21 am

What's life? I personal opinion is that life is enjoying.Even though when people are studying and working, they also need enjoy themself. So why did you say that enjoying holidays was a waste of time? Human being's life shouldn't be such simple.we are not robots, so we need some vacation to relax ourselves,and relaxing is a way to adjust and ready to do a better work.

iris198783

Postby iris198783 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:47 pm

Holidays are not a waste of time. Holidays give people time to get away from their busy life. Nowadays, people are under stress because of heavy workload,sometimes when the stress get piled up,people can hardly think and the working efficiency will be extremely low. In order to relieve stress,it is always good to have holiday so that people can refresh their mind and resume their energy.

Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby Coolfish » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:57 am

Yes, iris198783, you are right. Holidays can take us away from working stress and rushing life. A perfect holiday is easy, and we can enjoy the cheerful time.
But in fact, there is always something waiting for me in the holidays. It takes me so much precious time to treat them. This my real life, and how can I get out this sad things ?

SpinArgel

Postby SpinArgel » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:47 pm

I guess there must be something "wrong" in the life of people who can't live without their job. I don't understand why they are very quick bored. Have they no personal life, no friends or family? I really need holidays for all this and of course to get back some energy.

I agree with networmwxj: You have to keep the right balance between work and holiday - then there can't be any wasted time.

Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby Coolfish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:33 am

Hi SpinArgel, we do have our family and friends, and we do wish we could enjoy our life with them.

But it is important the job for us because we need it to make our lover having a better life. In some country, especialy in developing country, we must work hard to earn more money for impoving our living quality. Since we don't have the same resourses as the rich, we must pay more things including time and energy.

SpinArgel

Postby SpinArgel » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:44 am

Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”