Deadly news in Asia

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Guest

Deadly news in Asia

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:50 am

Such a news such a news! The number of dead people keeps increasing each time I reset my yahoo homepage. This is so sad!
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... earthquake

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Postby Arale » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:00 am

The tsunami has killed more than 26,000 people in 10 countries up to now. More dreadfully, this number keeps increasing and may reach over 50,000. :( The tsunamis were not regarded as the biggest in recorded history, but its effects may be the much biggest ever.

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:29 pm

Arale wrote:The tsunami has killed more than 26,000 people in 10 countries up to now. More dreadfully, this number keeps increasing and may reach over 50,000. :( The tsunamis were not regarded as the biggest in recorded history, but its effects may be the much biggest ever.

_Arale_

It is now over 50,000, Ary. :cry:

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Postby Arale » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:00 am

Oh Len, it keeps increasing at a dizzy rate. It is over 80,000 now and more than 45,000 in Indonesia alone. :( God bless them!

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...

real_lord

to be aware

Postby real_lord » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:27 pm

Hello:)
I would like to make my contribution into your discussion but in quite different way.
Sometimes I wonder why scientists couldn't predict what could happen there.
Because our planet has been changing for millions of years and the process will be continued untill it will explode/vanish etc.
:(((
Last year I had an unforgettable occasion to experience lots of things about our planet we all can learn in school.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk
or:
http://nhm.ac.uk/museum/earthgalleries

which I would like to recommend to everyone.

real_lord

real_lord

I must correct

Postby real_lord » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:36 pm

mistake in my precious post that I have noticed:
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/museum/earthgalleries
(I forgot to write http://www.Sorry).
Or just click EARTH GALLERIES in "EXHIBITIONS" section.
I think that a young person age 13 who will go and experience simulation and results of what an earthquake in Kobe was like some years ago should think about learning geography more than about kicking and hitting himself.
Don't you think?;)))
Now I can go to celbrate New Year. Let's hope it will better than the passing one. At least for me;)))
real_lord:)))

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Postby Arale » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:23 pm

The total death toll has reached more than 141,000, with nearly 80,000 deaths reported in Indonesia alone. :(

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...

real_lord

tragedy in Indonesia

Postby real_lord » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:17 pm

Oh Lord!
At last I've got info that I SOME people of Indonesia were informed about comming tsunami by Japanese scientists of course. Who? Some reserach centres&governments etc. Quite obvious. So the point is lots of people could really avoid death if informed by their dear compatriots about comming tsunami.
But they were standing on the beaches as we can see on TV while the ocean was rising and rising in front of them.
I don't like people who say "it was a God punishment for sex tourism there" etc. cause I know too well that some MPS probably escaped total destruction using their private jets and staying informed thanks to the Net connection for example.
While others were not just lucky enough to realise what was on.

I watched one relation of total diseaster of a one particular village about 5000 people, mostly living in shabby barracks, christian pictures on the walls and school textbooks on tables.
Couldnot they be just evacuated? Were their really engaged in sex tourism much more than other people all other the world???
No.I think mostly they died because some governments are still more interested in fighting with their political opponents while citizens of their country die because of tsunami for example.
From my point of view the real tragedy is their polical views are really without meaning because they mostly preach what is comfortable/suitable to them in the very moment of their life/situation. I know only few people who don't contradict their speeches to the big audience in real life.
All in all noone will never understand this strange phenomena that some nations have wise governments who take care of the nation and others are unable to unite to live comfortable and together do something positive.
WHY??? Why they (politicians/governments/members of parliaments) are so often so concetraded on destructing thier own nations instead of building together better reality???
Does anyone here know the answer???
real_lord

Guest

Re: to be aware

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:04 am

real_lord wrote:Hello:)
I would like to make my contribution into your discussion but in quite different way.
Sometimes I wonder why scientists couldn't predict what could happen there.
Because our planet has been changing for millions of years and the process will be continued untill it will explode/vanish etc.
:(((
Last year I had an unforgettable occasion to experience lots of things about our planet we all can learn in school.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk
or:
http://nhm.ac.uk/museum/earthgalleries

which I would like to recommend to everyone.

real_lord

Well, scientists are still humans, they're not supermen. Besides, we humans have lost our natural instincts after years of being evolved so it's hard for us to sense the changes of nature. Therefore, we can only predict things that have already happened to us. Tsunami is an example. It's happened to the US, specific area is Alaska in 1964. That's why US and other countries that highly have tsunami have the monitor to detect the changes in the ocean to observe the development of tsunami. Southeast Asia and Sri Lanka area never had tsunami before so that's why they never thought it'd happen there. We're paying a good price for our lesson. :cry:

Guest

Re: tragedy in Indonesia

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:19 am

real_lord wrote:Oh Lord!
At last I've got info that I SOME people of Indonesia were informed about comming tsunami by Japanese scientists of course. Who? Some reserach centres&governments etc. Quite obvious. So the point is lots of people could really avoid death if informed by their dear compatriots about comming tsunami.
But they were standing on the beaches as we can see on TV while the ocean was rising and rising in front of them.
I don't like people who say "it was a God punishment for sex tourism there" etc. cause I know too well that some MPS probably escaped total destruction using their private jets and staying informed thanks to the Net connection for example.
While others were not just lucky enough to realise what was on.

I watched one relation of total diseaster of a one particular village about 5000 people, mostly living in shabby barracks, christian pictures on the walls and school textbooks on tables.
Couldnot they be just evacuated? Were their really engaged in sex tourism much more than other people all other the world???
No.I think mostly they died because some governments are still more interested in fighting with their political opponents while citizens of their country die because of tsunami for example.
From my point of view the real tragedy is their polical views are really without meaning because they mostly preach what is comfortable/suitable to them in the very moment of their life/situation. I know only few people who don't contradict their speeches to the big audience in real life.
All in all noone will never understand this strange phenomena that some nations have wise governments who take care of the nation and others are unable to unite to live comfortable and together do something positive.
WHY??? Why they (politicians/governments/members of parliaments) are so often so concetraded on destructing thier own nations instead of building together better reality???
Does anyone here know the answer???
real_lord

That is new to me. All I've heard is "payback time for Muslims; the Judgment Day is near; this is God's punishment because of humans' faults; we, humans, have been digging a grave for ourselves by destroying our Earth with global warming and other issues; blah blah blah" Whatever the reason is, I don't think it's the point to talk about it now. The main thing we must do is help them poor victims to get passed this grief. After that, those people need their time to get back on their feet and we all still need to be there to help them emotionally. Then we'll start to learn about our lesson and try to make it better. I think we humans are much better than being panicky and starting to worry about things that are nonsense. Although iit's good to me to see people've started to get together; people've started to lean on religions and those are bringing people close to each other but I don't think it's healthy to think this is God's punishment or whatever. We should think the Earth changes all the time and we can't predict the changes all the time. Each time thing happens to us, each time we'll learn something new.

real_lord

STAY AWARE.

Postby real_lord » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:40 pm

Hello simplyblessed:)))
I think that mostly it is still unknown if some changes as deals our climate are results of global climatic changes or green house effect. The Earth from its beginning has been changing and only two things are quite sure about climatic changes of the planet Earth – the climate cannot be to hot because of the existence of the glaciers and it cannot be too cold because of the existence of volcanos. As long as the planet earth has been existing the climate has been changing and truly speaking in my opinion we cannot predict which direction it will change in future! Some thousands years before we had glaciers in Poland and all Europe was in glacier epoch!!! Read more about changes in the sea-level during history of our planet - about 20-30 metres in some epochs comparing with today. I think people mostly forget how little place in the history of general forming and developement of the planet Earth the human history takes place. It is very short time. The planet Earth and life has existed more and more longer than human beings exist. People too often forget about it. We are all just of the planet Earth. The planet has is own rules and it doesn’t care about human beings. The Earth never asks people for permission while volcano errupts and thousands are dead or when tsunami comes and does the same. We are too proud to see we are part of the Planet and we should adjust – not contrary.
Probably the signal was sent too late/people were totally unaware what was going on when standing on beaches and looking at the rising ocean but that’s another reason for me why some money should be assigned on education rather than on army. Anyway I don’t think it will change. Why? Some time ago I was rather shocked when I read on one of the labels in Science Museum in London that after IWW – not only in Germany - all aircraft industry had been developing only to serve better as deals army needs. Army was first. Probably the message there disillusioned me forever cause I would have never suspected that soon after IWW everyone seemed to think about nothing but IIWW. So it happened :(((
Another fact is some people love to be ignorant and I never forget another book about good Jews and bad Germans that is constantly served in my country as another sort of propaganda when some Jews during IIWW were transported to the one of concentration camps in Poland and the story was about family of three people – a woman was with a very little baby and hr husband was asking everyone around where they came and when the food would be given cause the child was hungry.
The story was related by one of survivors of concentration camp tragedy as the one that would be never forgotten by him/her because ten minutes later the whole family was taken to a gas-room and died. They died being too the end totally unaware what was going on. Did they know who Hitler had been at all?
Nice reading about earthquakes:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/savageearth/earthquakes/

rain_bow

real_lord

PS.

Postby real_lord » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:51 pm

Though reading about tsunami seems to be more appropriate:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/savageearth/tsunami/index.html

:)))
real_lord

real_lord

Read and always take care

Postby real_lord » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:14 pm

about whom you are going to choose as your representatives in next democratic elections. Avoid inappropriate people and some other troubles.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... warning_dc

real_lord

real_lord

world after tsunami

Postby real_lord » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:20 pm

As we can read life goes on with or without tsunami. Personally I am scared at the mere thought how many children will be smuggled out of Indonesia. Maybe good for them if they will find better life but what with those who will be smuggled for their organs for others who need healthy kidneys etc. So probably better to read about a bomb in Berlin. I asked my younger brother – if you had an A-bomb where would you send it?
-Holland – he answered to me.
-Not Germans? Well, I would send it to US - was my answer.
I am just kidding:))) Don’t treat me too seriously, please;)))
real_lord
PS. Poland doesn't have any A-bomb as far as I know;)))


http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... rafficking

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&t ... d&cat=Iraq

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _wwii_bomb

Guest

Re: world after tsunami

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:52 pm

real_lord wrote: So probably better to read about a bomb in Berlin. I asked my younger brother – if you had an A-bomb where would you send it?
-Holland – he answered to me.
-Not Germans? Well, I would send it to US - was my answer.
I am just kidding:))) Don’t treat me too seriously, please;)))
real_lord
PS. Poland doesn't have any A-bomb as far as I know;)))

As a person from the US, I do not like the way you're making your joke. Although you said it was a joke, but I do not understand why you would make such a joke like that. Sending bombs to another country, even if that country deserved it or not, is not the kinda joke you should make. I know you hate the US but you should know whatever that stupid baby Bush has done does not represent everyone in the US. It's shallow of you to judge a group of people based on one person's action. I'd like you to stop doing such jokes like that. It's because I take pride of being a Vietnamese-American. This country has brought and has done a lot to me. There are so many things that I can do at where I live and I never could at my original country. You don't live here so you don't know what it's about. Don't make jokes about things you don't know. :roll:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:07 pm

simplyblessedwithlove@ Do you knowed that I don't have winter because of you. It's Januar and it's raining out there. And don't tell me, that it's not americans fault. But don't worry I can't drop a A bomb for you, because u americans has A bomb too. :cry: :cry:

Guest

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:29 pm

Hardi wrote:simplyblessedwithlove@ Do you knowed that I don't have winter because of you. It's Januar and it's raining out there. And don't tell me, that it's not americans fault. But don't worry I can't drop a A bomb for you, because u americans has A bomb too. :cry: :cry:

As I've said, whatever that stupid baby Bush has done does not represent the whole US. Yes, I was the one who drop the f***ing bomb; therefore, the whole global climate has changed. Other countries have nothing to do with it. They didn't cause global warming; only us Americans did. Grow up and look at things more closely. :roll:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:41 pm

I think if count human victims, then this tsunami is not worsest in history. but it's actual because many european tourists is dead or missing...
Last edited by Hardi on Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

real_lord

hello:(((

Postby real_lord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:26 pm

Exactely!:(((
3000 Swedish tourists disppeared under waves of tsunami and that is the only reason that so called European Union cares at all+tsunami on the international media time and again (boring! -by the way - the same amount of dead provoked so called war on terror in Iraq). The most messages about Sri Lanka ( important aircraft-knot as I can see on the map+ Thailand- tourism while 80 thousand dead in Sumatra doesn't matter at all???)
Moreover as deals my PRIVATE opinion read carefully the whole message cited from yahoo.com by me little bit above.
The biggest financial help for victims goes from Australian and German governments as we can read. GERMAN not European Union. US is very mean comparatively. In US everyone thinks only about Iraq. First news were on BBC much,much earlier than on CNN. Hahaha:((( - how many orphaned and crippled chidren in Iraq? Who counts? :(((Who cares?:(((
real_lord
PS1. I Do believe in Europe but why the child birth is decreasing?
Hard to predict what can happen:(((. But I don't believe neither any European Union nor Orange Revolutions (or how they call it in English). Any revolutions at all unless Industrial perhaps. But all in all it is very crazy what they did in Ukraine with Mr. Juszczenko. Orange Agent - check on www who was using and where this...chemical weapon earlier in the human history.
:(((

real_lord

No jungle in Iraq.

Postby real_lord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:34 pm

The only difference :(((.
http://www1.va.gov/agentorange/

POOR EARTH.
real_lord:(((

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Postby Arale » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:54 am

Len, Real_lord, Hardi and anyone who wishes to show your opinions of politics, religion, history etc. please go to "Your opinions" Forum.

http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... php?t=1344

Now it is time to come back to the main topic here-Deadly news in Asia. :wink:

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...


Return to “Current News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests