cold water bath is benefited to health

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

ruizhu

Post by ruizhu »

I have taken cold water bath for more than twenty years. It has been a great benefit to my health. I have never caught cold or suffered from other pulmonary diseases. However, it is not easy to insist . There are also many things to be paid attention especilly at the beginning.

Re: cold water bath is benefited to health

Post by Guest »

ruizhu wrote:I have taken cold water bath for more than twenty years. It has been a great benefit to my health. I have never caught cold or suffered from other pulmonary diseases. However, it is not easy to insist . There are also many things to be paid attention especilly at the beginning.
according to the theory that the blood vessels or the capillaries of the body will be constricted as they contact with any cold stimulating materials at the beginning then expand soon. This will make the blood flow fluently or smoothly thus prevent the block in the blood vessels which is the main cause of the heart attack.
moreover, if the body is used to be contacted with the cold things, it will be resisted to them. Once the weather changed suddenly the common cold may be prevented.
In my experience, after taking the the shower with cold water every morning i felt a special feeling.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

I don't think cold water is good for having bath in winter. Before having bath, you should warm your body up though you use cold or warm water. It is the best for your health.:wink:

_Arale_
Aillian

Post by Aillian »

I fully believe what you said. and Deng Xiao Ping in China also keep cold water bath during his young and middle period. according his daughter's opinion having cold water bath is the main method of his keeping health. and i have seen some parents let their children have cold water bath in order to train their will. but for most of people it is difficult to do so especially in cold winter. and i am trying to do so.
mariposa

Post by mariposa »

Hi all

When I feel tired I tried to take a shower with warm water just to feel relax but then at last I use the cold water which is really give me a special feeling and energy. But I have no idea about which is healthy!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post by Guest »

ruizhu wrote:I have taken cold water bath for more than twenty years. It has been a great benefit to my health. I have never caught cold or suffered from other pulmonary diseases. However, it is not easy to insist . There are also many things to be paid attention especilly at the beginning.
Where do you live? I think most people in humidy countries take cold shower because it wouldn't feel cold with cold water due to the environment. From where I live, it's hard to take cold shower. I've tried it once in the summer,yeah, even the summer, but I was freezing to death. I had to switch the water to warm or almost hot.
Noodles Yao

Post by Noodles Yao »

i advise you have a cold bath after doing exercise,but not at once ,when i was in the unversity ,i run about 5KM every morning and relax a little moment ,then had a cold shower,you had better begin to exercise them at the summer ,do not stop even at the handicap of the weather & the surronding .
i think you will be gradual to like it !
learning is never-ending journey

Post by Guest »

Noodles Yao wrote:i advise you have a cold bath after doing exercise,but not at once ,when i was in the unversity ,i run about 5KM every morning and relax a little moment ,then had a cold shower,you had better begin to exercise them at the summer ,do not stop even at the handicap of the weather & the surronding .
i think you will be gradual to like it !
Wow, you're very sporty. I can only "run" (in quotation mark because it's a mix of running and walking, but more of walking :oops: ) for about 1 mile and I'm out of breath.
keling

cold water bath

Post by keling »

hi every
it is an interesting issue to be disvussed . cold water bath is a good way to promote one's health not only in physical but in mental for it is easier in hot weather for insisting but it is not easy in winter , if you do not have enough fortitude ,it will be failure as the weather become cold
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I've often heard that it is benefitial to end our daily shower with cold water, especially on the legs, to activate blood circulation.
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

It is also good for closing the pores if you bathe with warm or hot water first....when you end the bath if you turn the water to cool and then colder your pores will close and be tighter ...also it is god to sometimes bathe/shower with a friend :lol: get them to scrub your back and all. :wink:

of course i meant to say good not god...but i guess that could be god...to somebody :oops:
martan

articles

Post by martan »

Read some very effective tips and articles on this site to help you get information
Tyrosine
etan

Post by etan »

I prefer to take a bath with a girl-friend rather than finish my daily shower with cold water :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

etan wrote:I prefer to take a bath with a girl-friend rather than finish my daily shower with cold water :wink:
Wow, there's no comparison! :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Bath are bad for nature (wasting water like a waitress).

Shokin
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

I dont think that taken cold water is good for health.Some believe it's good idea to make people's health becomes better, others don't consider so. Who's trurstworthy? :?
etan

Post by etan »

we don't have to go against our nature, if you prefer warm water, take your bath with...and if someone can scrub your back, it's better :lol:
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

I cant take bath with cold water sorry
Vidhya

Cold water bath is good for health?

Post by Vidhya »

Cold water bath for 6yrs old kid is good for health? blood vessels of capillaries of the body will be constricted? Is that true?