What's happening at your place?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

What's happening at your place?

Post by Pirate »

Why don't you tell us what's going on there?
Local festival, tradditional event ...

Update if you like.

Post by Guest »

We'll have a cultural arts festival this coming up weekend in my town.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Hey lennye tran , please tell in detail about that festival !
The 2nd of September is really a festival in our country that is the Freedom Day or Independent Day .On 2nd ,September ,1945 our great President Ho Chi Minh read the Independent speech and declared Vietnam is a free country from France imperialism.We cerebarate it each year .

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

The festival will be going for three days, Sep. 4, 5, and 6 on Labor day weekend. I don't know what day I'll be there yet, but maybe on Saturday, right after I get out of school. The festival is just about 5 minutes away from my school.
On the schedule, around 4-5pm, Bush will be there so I'll try to be there at that time to see his idiotic face. LOL :lol: I'll tell you guys if I can see him. Wait for the news, ok :wink:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Thank you Lennye tran ! But you said you will tell guys if you see G.Bush ? Not tell girls ? :wink:

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

"you guys" is an expression of English language. It means everyone or people, in general.

Post by Guest »

Ok guys, today is Sunday. Well, now it's Monday morning :lol: Anyway, I went to the art and soul festival today. Those are the pictures I took when I was there. The cam is crappy so the pictures are not really good. Well, that's all I can do. I should have brought the other cam; it's better. Enjoy.
http://public.fotki.com/simplyblessedwi ... _festival/
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

The 5th ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) is taking place in my city Hanoi. We have 2 more days-off followed by weekend, so I'm enjoying it. Many chiefs of states are here including Monsieur Chirac, Mr Kozumi ... etcetera.

This morning Jaques Chirac had a talk to Vietnamese youngster who are studying French, at L'Espace. In the afternoon I took a test CO there on schedule in the sound of police cars around protecting a Mr "Big" staying in the luxury Sofitel hotel nearby.

If you are interested, you can visit the official website:
http://www.asem5.gov.vn/content_en.asp? ... tmenuid=88

Funfact: The symbol of the 5th ASEM was designed by a quite famous Vietnamese rocker (main singer of the band The Wall), who is also an architect!
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

pirate wrote:
We have 2 more days-off followed by weekend, so I'm enjoying it.
yeah days off are so wonderful but polices are everywhere and it is not easy to go out.I must enjoy my short holiday at home. :(

_Arale_
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

I have just read so many articles written about this sad story.

Vu Anh Tuan was a brilliant student. He's at my age and studied at the same high school as mine, 1 year lower. After entering Thuy Loi University, he won a governmental scholarship to study in Russia. 1 week ago he died, not by a car crash, not by falling down from 13th floor, not by drowning ... HE WAS KILLED! By a group of bald blokes (which can be some kind of new fascism). The reason is considered to be racial discrimination. What's the hell is going on??? A 20-year-old boy was killed because of nothing. Some eye-witnesses told that they saw him lying there in blood, with many knife stabs on his back.

His family now, has received much sharing from all Vietnamese, but who can bring Tuan back? Right one day after Tuan arrived in Russia, his father died, now his mother is very desperate. His only elder sister is pregnant and her husband has gone to St Peterbua to manage things and bring his body back. Everything is too terrible!

I don't know what I should say now. Hope Tuan will rest in Peace, hope his family and his girlfriend Ninh can stand by in this horrible disaster, hope there will be noone die in vain, hope the ones who are not human but wearing a human manner all disappear on Earth, hope ...

If you can read Vietnamese, visit http://www.vnexpress.net/Topic/?ID=2872 for articles. I will translate some into English. Be back tomorrow.

Image Image Image
Last edited by Pirate on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

:cry: How sad! I've heard that the relationship between Vietnamese people in Russia and Russian government is not good, is it? There are goods and bads that have happened between them. I'm not quite sure this information is correct but my point is maybe this is the reason why they didn't help him. Just a guess!
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

simplyblessedwithlove wrote::cry: How sad! I've heard that the relationship between Vietnamese people in Russia and Russian government is not good, is it? There are goods and bads that have happened between them. I'm not quite sure this information is correct but my point is maybe this is the reason why they didn't help him. Just a guess!
I don't think so. In my opinion, it is simply that Russia is having a big problem with their national security.

Post by Guest »

pirate wrote:
simplyblessedwithlove wrote::cry: How sad! I've heard that the relationship between Vietnamese people in Russia and Russian government is not good, is it? There are goods and bads that have happened between them. I'm not quite sure this information is correct but my point is maybe this is the reason why they didn't help him. Just a guess!
I don't think so. In my opinion, it is simply that Russia is having a big problem with their national security.
I've read that info in Vietnamese newspapers.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

I am really touching when knowing this news.Students here-in Hanoi are seriously shocked.Tuan Anh's death is a great loss of our country.He was a brilliant pupil since he studied at Kim Lien school.I have some friends who are studying now in Russia and their falimies are so anxious.This sad event awfully breaks their credit of studying abroad. :(

_Arale_
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

There are going to be 2 youth-led environmental Campaign in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city (Sai Gon) in Vietnam.

For more information, see the following links:

Hanoi: http://projects.takingitglobal.org/GTS

(the description is in English but related documents are in Vietnamese)

Sai Gon: http://projects.takingitglobal.org/TetSG

(All information is in English)

Cheers,

Pirate
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

[quote="pirate"]1 week ago he died, not by a car crash, not by falling down from 13th floor, not by drowning ... HE WAS KILLED! By a group of bald blokes (which can be some kind of new fascism). The reason is considered to be racial discrimination. [quote="pirate"]

:( I really don't know what to say I feel soo sad .Why any one would do such a thing why! May his soul rest in peace and I pray from my heart that who ever did it be punished for it.