Mental health

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

learn_4_life

Mental health

Post by learn_4_life »

Hi guys,
In Vietnam, people are often less likely to admit they have problems with mental health.
How about your countries guys ?
mariposa

Post by mariposa »

Hi

learn_4_life your name is nice.

My country(UAE) is like yours in this subjects.

But I believe that it is widespread everywhere .And I think that because of the people sensitivity for the acceptance of the case and the difficulty of the speaking about it because it can cause the embarrassment to some then the secrecy is the easiest thing to do.

sea you later

Agree Mariposa

Post by learn_4_life »

Nice to meet ya again Mariposa.
I have read your reply and completely agree.
I think mental health differs greatly from country to country.
And this difference shows how mental health is seen differently around the world.
What do u think guys ?
Learn_4_life.
learn_4_life

Post by learn_4_life »

I think the more severe a problem is, the more likely it is to be treated. Many people with minor mental health problems are treated, while many serious disorders are not.
This is not simply a problem of limited treatment resources. It also shows that resources are not being used well.
Learn_4_life

Post by Guest »

I think the more industrialized the country is, the more people it has with mental problems. It's because of the stress and anxiety from work and the society; therefore, seeing a therapist is commonly known.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

my mental health is poor at the moment. and i'm not afraid to admit it. i think the main thing is to start seeing that there really is a problem you have to deal with. many people don't want to admit they have that kind of problems because they're ashamed. While speaking frankly about it helps... I am not seeing a therapist but I believe some day I will get rid of this nasty feeling. It's all up to the attitude....
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

heu... what is "mental health" ?

how can you define a person who has not a mental health ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

mental health is something we all have... some of them however have it more and some less... there isn't a person who hasn't got mental health. or is it just me who thinks so?
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

hey Poloten4ik! oh poor you, i guess it must've hurt a lot.... are you all right now?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I actually have MENTAL HEALTH DAYS at my house. These are days when we don't worry about housework, bills etc. I also have mental health days for myself. Especially if I have had a really stressing week. The best thing for me is take a long walk somewhere pleasant and just sit in a lovely spot and zone out for a few hours with my walkman.

Sometimes your brain just needs to relax and not take in any more information.

8)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

''I want to get away! I wanna fly away yeah yeaaaaaaah yeaaaaaah'' heheh this song has the cure for being too much stressed. Going away for a while and live somewhere peaceful leaving all your problems behind is really really really helpful. It's my favourite way of coping with having mental problems...
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

oh hey thanks. You know I won't be writing in here for a week or so because tonight I'm going at a seaside. See you all soon! :wink:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Mental health

Post by Shazzam »

learn_4_life wrote:Hi guys,
In Vietnam, people are often less likely to admit they have problems with mental health.
How about your countries guys ?
I don't think nationality affects people in connection with their reluctance to come forward if they have a mental disability.

Definately I would say that everyone has difficulty admitting that they have a problem. They say that that is the first step to cure "admitting you have the problem to begin with".

The first step is the biggest.

I do agree that people around the world have difficulty admitting that they have a mental health issue. I would say the main reason for this is the way the mental health issues make people feel. Most people that haven't experienced any problems are afraid of people that suffer from them; mostly because they don't know enough about it.

:cry: :cry:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I just felt i really needed to make this post.

What I have noticed about the "Health and fitness" forum is that there is this great issue about how you appear on the outside.

For example: "Do you want to be slim", "What diets do you use" etc.

It seems when it comes to how you actually feel everyone isn't interested.

That is what "Mental health" is; about how you feel!

I find this really sad. If we all took a really good look at ourselves it isn't about how we look but more about how we feel......

Once you feel good about who you are; how you look doesn't really matter so much! :idea:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

shazzam1452 wrote:I just felt i really needed to make this post.

What I have noticed about the "Health and fitness" forum is that there is this great issue about how you appear on the outside.

I find this really sad. If we all took a really good look at ourselves it isn't about how we look but more about how we feel......

Once you feel good about who you are; how you look doesn't really matter so much! :idea:

oh that is SO true Shazzam!!!! I mean the most important thing is to feel fine with ourselves. To accept ourselves the way we are and feel great in our own skin. That's the solution to most of the problems. If you find yourself OK, you'll also feel OK. that's mah philosophy :)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

illusion wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:I just felt i really needed to make this post.

oh that is SO true Shazzam!!!! I mean the most important thing is to feel fine with ourselves. To accept ourselves the way we are and feel great in our own skin. That's the solution to most of the problems. If you find yourself OK, you'll also feel OK. that's mah philosophy :)
Thanks Illusion! I must admit it is good to see a young person taking any interest in this thread instead of "do you want to be slim" etc. There is far too much of that; and not enough about what is in your heart and head! 8) 8)
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

People dont admit they have problems with mental health in China.