Should Prince Charles marry Camilla Parker-Bowles?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

User avatar
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:21 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: England
Contact:

Should Prince Charles marry Camilla Parker-Bowles?

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:35 pm

Should Prince Charles marry Camilla Parker-Bowles?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jone54
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:37 am
Location: China
Contact:

i think it's ok

Postby jone54 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:15 am

i think marrage should be singled out from politics! anybody who gets married because they only can feel happy and satisfacted from the right woman or man.
Diana is a perfect woman, i like her very much. but she is not the right woman for charles.she is so outstanding that charles feel streesed .
on the other hand , the uk is a great nation that full of freedom and humane. i think more and more British will understand charles and wish him best wishes and happiness! after all, Diana left us and as far as her kindness was concerned, i think she will be also looking forwards to the happiness that charles will have.

Guest

Re: i think it's ok

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:48 pm

jone54 wrote:i think marrage should be singled out from politics! anybody who gets married because they only can feel happy and satisfacted from the right woman or man.

Exactly! :wink:

Anin
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:02 pm
Location: Slovakia

Charles and Camilla

Postby Anin » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Well I think their relationship lasted for so long "ilegally" 8) so now they would only change the form. But it would be OK, im my opinion it is a right step intheir lives.
Hi I am 18 and I would like to change my opinions with you.

Guest

Re: Charles and Camillas marriage

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:38 am

karlynn wrote:I will never forget Diana, nor will I forgive Charles and Camilla for what they did to her. She would be alive today if it weren't for them. He should have married Camilla from the start if he loved her. Diana could have had a normal life with a normal family if she hadn't become involved with the "Royal Family".Camilla has the grace and beauty of an old cow! It makes my skin crawl to know that she will have the title H.R.H. I pray to God that there is some old English rule in existence that prohibits the old bag from becoming Queen. They are a mockery of the Crown and I hope Charles never becomes King because he has proven he isn't fit for the title. Please people don't forget Diana and what she stood for. Don't welcome this marriage...if you do then Diana died in vain. She deserves better than that. Diana would have made Charles the greatest King of our time. He was too blind to see that.

I thought she had an affair when she was in another country. Did I read too much tabloid about this? By the way, her death was not his fault. You can't blame that on him. Personally, I don't like any of them. I don't like Diana nor Charles or Camilla. They have a twisted, complicated, and quite boring relationship to me. If I could choose, I would rather read a quite rumor triangle love between Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitts, and Angelina Jolie. They're more fun to read during my spare time. :lol:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

JUST MARRIED

Postby Shazzam » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:48 am

Well for better or for worse, they are married. I don't think it is a tragedy really. They look quite happy. The only concern I think is that Charles is supposed to support the tradition of the Monarchy. That being said, and if his intentions are this; then he really shouldn't take the Throne. This should be handed to William to become the head of the Church of England and the King of England. Im sure Charles would be a great support to him; and no doubt Diana would want her son to be King. Best all round solution in my mind. Time will tell. 8)

Guest

Re: JUST MARRIED

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:38 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:Well for better or for worse, they are married. I don't think it is a tragedy really. They look quite happy. The only concern I think is that Charles is supposed to support the tradition of the Monarchy. That being said, and if his intentions are this; then he really shouldn't take the Throne. This should be handed to William to become the head of the Church of England and the King of England. Im sure Charles would be a great support to him; and no doubt Diana would want her son to be King. Best all round solution in my mind. Time will tell. 8)

Image He's as a king? Still can't picture it in my head. :roll:

sky888walker
Silver Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:02 am

Postby sky888walker » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:01 am

Let them marry and be happy la. No need to neither support nor vote against.

If they believe that they love each other, just let it be. Dont have to bother with their personal life. Many people marry each day but no one bother to discuss. I dont understand why people think this couple important just becoz they are from royal family. I dont see why this marriage is so important.

Simplyblessed, if you cant picture him as a king, please dont worry. I have a bigger problem here. I can not picture why some people has to vote yes or no for a royal marriage.. still dont understand... :?

Guest

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:35 pm

sky888walker wrote:Let them marry and be happy la. No need to neither support nor vote against.
If they believe that they love each other, just let it be. Dont have to bother with their personal life. Many people marry each day but no one bother to discuss. I dont understand why people think this couple important just becoz they are from royal family. I dont see why this marriage is so important.
Simplyblessed, if you cant picture him as a king, please dont worry. I have a bigger problem here. I can not picture why some people has to vote yes or no for a royal marriage.. still dont understand... :?

Image

sky888walker
Silver Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:02 am

Wow.. i cant believe my eyes..

Postby sky888walker » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:26 am

I cant believe my eyes that finally i can make the famous simplyblessed totally speechless with few humble comments from a simple person like me.... loooool

No hard feeling please.. just kidding

Guest

Re: Wow.. i cant believe my eyes..

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:06 pm

sky888walker wrote:I cant believe my eyes that finally i can make the famous simplyblessed totally speechless with few humble comments from a simple person like me.... loooool

No hard feeling please.. just kidding

:!??!?!: Who has been talking behind my back to you?

sky888walker
Silver Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:02 am

lol

Postby sky888walker » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:47 am

Simplyblessed, i think you are the most active member of this forum. You have made more than 800 comments.. really amazing..... let me use your words.. "I still cant picture the famous simplyblessed in my mind" .. ha ha ha

No one talk to me about you la... in fact, you should be proud of yourself, right ... lol..
A simple answer using simple words from a simple and humble man

Guest

Re: lol

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:45 am

sky888walker wrote:Simplyblessed, i think you are the most active member of this forum. You have made more than 800 comments.. really amazing..... let me use your words.. "I still cant picture the famous simplyblessed in my mind" .. ha ha ha

No one talk to me about you la... in fact, you should be proud of yourself, right ... lol..

If your active equals talkative then yes, I am talkative. 8)

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:19 am

sky888walker wrote:Let them marry and be happy la. No need to neither support nor vote against.

If they believe that they love each other, just let it be. Dont have to bother with their personal life. Many people marry each day but no one bother to discuss. I dont understand why people think this couple important just becoz they are from royal family. I dont see why this marriage is so important.

Simplyblessed, if you cant picture him as a king, please dont worry. I have a bigger problem here. I can not picture why some people has to vote yes or no for a royal marriage.. still dont understand... :?


Fact is they are married. Most people don't care about the marriage including me. The reason why it is some important (re: head of the church of england, ruling monarch of england) is because the people of england pay their wages; that is why they live they way they do. Who do you think pays the wages of all the staff etc that the Royal Family has in place. That is why it is important about Charles being King. If you were head of a Corporation and being paid huge amounts of money etc; don't you think the Corporation would want you to be able to do the job that they employed and payed you to do. Same principle in my book! :idea:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:23 am

Wagger wrote:They have already married, but I really hope he never gets to be king.
After what he did to Diana, Charles is not deserving of the throne.
His unfaithfulness from the start with Camellia was very shameful.
If he felt that way for Camellia, he should of stepped down, and Married her, and Diana would probably still be alive.
I would really hate to hear that England condones this Marriage.
I would really hate to see the Queen promote her son to the throne. I hope they wait till Prince Henry is of age, and they by pass Prince Charles and give the throne to Diana's son. I think he would be more approperiate for the throne than his disgraceful father.


My sentiments exactly! Good for you! Makes sense doesn't it. Why should everyone pay for their lifestyles if they can't do the right thing by their people and live up to their obligations! The queen, I think, has pretty much shown she isn't happy about this union; by not showing up at the ceremony. Maybe she is holding a trump card with Charles that the World doesn't know about. I think she has been a truly admirable leader; and deserves our praise as a Queen (i'm not saying anything about her parenting here) just her job as the Queen of the Commonwealth and the Head of the Church of England.

8) :D :) ;)

Pearla
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 6:40 am

Postby Pearla » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:59 pm


I think its their personal life, so we should not poke our nosees in others businesses. whether we like Camellia or not, it's their own business and they are free to do whatever they like. talking about myself, i dont like any one to poke his nose in my business, so i dont like this for other as well. i think we should not like for other what we don't like for ourselves. that's it.

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:39 am

I think they're wedding it's not our concern. It's obvious that prince charles loved her even when he was married to the late Princess Diana and that was one of the reasons that their relationship split. So now Prince Charles is trying to put his life back and live as he has always wanted to. I don't like them both so I don't care. May the lead a happy life together!

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:47 am

illusion wrote:I think they're wedding it's not our concern. It's obvious that prince charles loved her even when he was married to the late Princess Diana and that was one of the reasons that their relationship split. So now Prince Charles is trying to put his life back and live as he has always wanted to. I don't like them both so I don't care. May the lead a happy life together!


I understand people's opinions in this forum (if we were talking about an ordinary couple).

We aren't! He is the future King of England. He has a responsibility to uphold the laws of the Church of England (he is the leader of this Church) as well as the traditions of the Monarchy. You have to remember this is what he is paid handsomely by the taxpayers of England to do (it is a job)! :roll:

I'm not saying he isn't entitled to happiness, we all are. But the fact still remains that past King's have had to abdicate their position when they have chosen to marry outside the regulations of the Church and the Monarchy. Why should he be any different?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:49 pm

shazzam1452 wrote: But the fact still remains that past King's have had to abdicate their position when they have chosen to marry outside the regulations of the Church and the Monarchy. Why should he be any different?

Don't they choose to give up their title and not because they are forced to do that? I thought most of them voluntarily gave up their title because of outsiders's force that they should not marry people they loved to marry to, but not giving up their title because they chose to marry that certain person. They wanted to live a quiet life with the person they were married to, so they chose to give up the title. Isn't it? :? And didn't she have some kinda title before she was married to him? Thus, technically, she's belonged to his class. On the other hand, when they got married, he was supposed to be entitled to the throne, but he wasn't a King of England at that time yet so no rule was broken. Right? :?

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:27 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: But the fact still remains that past King's have had to abdicate their position when they have chosen to marry outside the regulations of the Church and the Monarchy. Why should he be any different?

Don't they choose to give up their title and not because they are forced to do that? I thought most of them voluntarily gave up their title because of outsiders's force that they should not marry people they loved to marry to, but not giving up their title because they chose to marry that certain person. They wanted to live a quiet life with the person they were married to, so they chose to give up the title. Isn't it? :? And didn't she have some kinda title before she was married to him? Thus, technically, she's belonged to his class. On the other hand, when they got married, he was supposed to be entitled to the throne, but he wasn't a King of England at that time yet so no rule was broken. Right? :?


No Camilla didn't have a title before their marriage; she has many of them now.

Edward was King he had to abdicate the throne of England to marry Wallace Simpson. He had no choice that is just the rules.

If Charles becomes King she won't be Queen she will be the King's consort. I think that is the title.

They had to come up with something quick to call her if it eventuates that he would be King. There has been alot of re-writing of rules to accomodate Charles. He is lucky it hasn't been done for anyone else.

It still doesn't make it right; in my opinion.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:33 pm

shazzam1452 wrote: No Camilla didn't have a title before their marriage; she has many of them now.

I thought she was married to some guy who was Sir something, so technically she had a title. And I've read somewhere that said they changed her title to be suitable to Charles's, not gave. Man, I have to look that news up again.

shazzam1452 wrote:It still doesn't make it right; in my opinion.

Well, in my opinion, they didn't have much action going on over there except Charles' marriage, Williams went to college and graduated from college, Harry or whatever his name is wore this and that to a party, blah blah blah..... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Return to “Talking Point Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests