japanese music (rock, pop, metal... everything about it)

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

have you ever listen to japanese music?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 9

monique_niimura

japanese music (rock, pop, metal... everything about it)

Post by monique_niimura »

heya everybody!

I'd like to know if anyone of you like or know or have heard about japanese music. I mean, not the "traditional" one. I'm talking about the same kind of music that plays all around the world - the only difference it that it's in japanese, of course... (but sometimes the lyrics are in english, in french, etc...)

and... for the ones who have never listened to it: what's your opinion about it? would you like to know it? why? why not?

if anyone is interested... you can see in my signature part of a song of Dir en grey, my favorite band... the name of the song is 24ko cylinder... the part there says this:

"your unreachable love
my unreachable love
even now, look at it"

they basically play rock, but their style is not just "one" thing at all. they play different musics, they have their own kind of music... I don't know how to explain it...

anyway... I hope at least someone answer this topic ^^'

and for the ones who doesn't know japanese music but already think it's disgusting... talk to me. I would list a lot of bands for you to listen to. then, maybe you would open your minds...

and that's all. thanks for your atention, people...

kisses,

Mô.
todokanai kimi no aijou
todokanai boku no aijou
ima mo, hora ne
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I haven't listen much japanese music... but it's not so bad, some is prety good, although I almost don't like asian music.
tenileh

I wanna listen you sing a Japanese song... hehe

Post by tenileh »

Well, I've never listened but I'm very curious about that.
Sometimes I try to imagine a romantic song, sang in this language, and it seems so strange to me... I've never knew anyone who likes this kind of music, neither someone who can sing it as well. So... You have to show me! I'm waiting for that.. heheheh
Ah, and I wanna see the lyrics, of course.
"I am what I am"
nien

Re: I wanna listen you sing a Japanese song... hehe

Post by nien »

tenileh wrote:Well, I've never listened but I'm very curious about that.
Sometimes I try to imagine a romantic song, sang in this language, and it seems so strange to me... I've never knew anyone who likes this kind of music, neither someone who can sing it as well. So... You have to show me! I'm waiting for that.. heheheh
Ah, and I wanna see the lyrics, of course.
Hmm tanileh, just DON'T imagine, try to listen one.
Have you ever heard Utada Hiikaru's First Love?
I think Japanese song/music is as good as the ones with English language for example. Once you're familiar with it, you'll like it.

Post by Guest »

I like the songs in Ranma 1/2 and Doraemon. Those movies have cute songs. 8)
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

nien wrote:.......
I think Japanese song/music is as good as the ones with English language for example. Once you're familiar with it, you'll like it.
No, japanese songs are better, becaause if they have stupid words, then I don't understand that... until I don't learn it...

Seems that japanese don't like listen internet radio... and almost all online japanese radiostations what I have found, is about anime music. :roll: http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Asian
Last edited by Hardi on Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
nien

Post by nien »

Hardi wrote:
nien wrote:.......
No japanese songs are better. becaause. if they have stupid words, then I don't understand that... until I don't learn it...

Seems that japanese don't like listen internet radio... and almost all online japanese radiostations what I have find, is about anime music. :roll: http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?sgenre=Asian

Hi Hardi,
I hardly understand your sentence.
Could you rewrite them so I can get what your point.
Sorry, but we're all learning here, right?
Thanks.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Well my english is really grppy. All my english skills are picked up while using computer/internet. I'm newer learned it in school, and I'm very happy if someone point to my mistakes.
Hardi wrote:No, japanese songs are better, becaause if they have stupid words, then I don't understand that... until I don't learn it...
I meaned: If some good song have stupid words, then u don't like it, but if u don't know the language, then u don't understand that these words are stupid... also u can like it.
nien

Post by nien »

Hardi wrote:Well my english is really grppy. All my english skills are picked up while using computer/internet. I'm newer learned it in school, and I'm very happy if someone point to my mistakes.
Hardi wrote:No, japanese songs are better, becaause if they have stupid words, then I don't understand that... until I don't learn it...
I meaned: If some good song have stupid words, then u don't like it, but if u don't know the language, then u don't understand that these words are stupid... also u can like it.
Ah, now I got it. So you mean, if a good song has stupid words/lyrics (or maybe let's say it contains words that you don't like, I say this because it relates with people's various favour which means words you don't like could be liked by other people) in English for example, and because you know the language then you become dislike the song. But if you don't know the language, Japanese in our case, you'll still like it anyway because you don't know what it means.
Sorry, I just emphasized your sentences.

Well, for me, if I like a Japanese song, either its music or lyrics, I'll search for its meaning in English on internet.
And I admit that sometimes Japanese songs are really hard to understand what message implied. You know, a word in Japanese could have 2 different meanings
:P

ps: you really have never learned English in your school? you learn it by yourself? wow, that's great. Yet, I think you need work more on your grammar.
nien

Post by nien »

"You know, a word in Japanese could have 2 different meanings."

Ugh, correcting myself, I mean,"... could have more than 2 different meanings."
monique_niimura

hey, I'm just so happy that I have answers XD

well... we have some japanese bands or musicians that sing in english. for exemple, The Mad Capsule Market's is one of them, and they have one music that is a theme of a american video game about skate... but I can't remember the name of the game right now. anyway, as long as I know, they make success in USA. and their music is a mix of HardCore, Rock and Eletronic Music... it's really different XD but I like it.

about anime songs and online radios... well, there are some that play general japanese music, out of anime songs. I don't have the links here, but I can ask some of my friends to give them to me, if anyone is interested. but yeah, there are some anime songs that are really good. for exemple, Do As Infinity plays one of the Inu Yasha songs... and it's really good. L'Arc~en~Ciel already played in USA for the Otakon... two of Rurouni Kenshin songs are theirs (Niji and The Fourth Avenue Cafe), and they play Blurry Eyes for DNA², too... ah, and Ready Steady Go is the opening theme of another anime, but I can't remember the name now...

if you want to listen to japanese bands... here I will list some of my favorite ones, with some of their songs XD

Dir en grey - Kodou, saku, Ain't Afraid to Die, Umbrella, Garden, Ash, Kasumi, The Final, Macabre, Myaku, Mitsu to Tsuba...
L'Arc~en~Ciel - Spirit Dreams Inside (if anyone of you watched the Final Fantasy movie, it's the main theme, and of course it's in english), Fate, Fare Well, Anemone, Trick, Forbidden Lover, kasou, All Dead...
Buck Tick - Zangai, Long Distance Call, Glamorous, Gessekai (Night Walker opening theme), Nakayubi...
Malice Mizer - Syunikiss, No pains no gains, Beast of Blood, Au Revoir, Illuminati...
nil - Hate beat!, Mona Lisa, Down...
Mucc - Zetsubou, Bouzenshinjitsu, 9gatsu 3ka no kokuin, Roji ura boku to kimi e, Ranchuu...
Do as Infinity - Shinjitsu no Uta, Fukai Mori, Raven.

well... of course I can't list all bands you should listen to, but I hope that if you listen to some of these, you will like it... I don't know...

and... to download this... you can use soulseek:

http://www.slsknet.org/

in the Rooms, you will find the "japanese music" room (it's always crowded there) and then, you can talk to a lot of people and get information about it, or at least know which bands you should download songs from.
todokanai kimi no aijou
todokanai boku no aijou
ima mo, hora ne
nien

Post by nien »

hi monique ..
I visited the website you've mentioned.
Are you a japanese?
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

nien wrote:"You know, a word in Japanese could have 2 different meanings."

Ugh, correcting myself, I mean,"... could have more than 2 different meanings."
Yes japanese is kinda difficult to translate. Once I have tryed to translate one webpage.. it was very hard, because I don't have japanese to estonian dictionary. I'm also used one online english translator.. Though I have heard, that for estonians is japanese easy to learn.. and vice versa. I don't know, I haven't try...

And I'm really thankful, that you bored yourself with my hardly understandable sentences. It's helpped me alot. I'm also need to know, if my sentenses aren't understandable.
monique_niimura

nien wrote:hi monique ..
I visited the website you've mentioned.
Are you a japanese?
no, I'm brazilian, but I'm totally addicted to japanese music, as you may have noticed XD

and if you downloaded the soulseek, than you can talk to me there if you want... my username there is mo_chan.
todokanai kimi no aijou
todokanai boku no aijou
ima mo, hora ne
nien

Post by nien »

Yo Hardi :) I was wondering, on where part of this earth, is your Estonia? I'm not good in geography hehe...
About correcting other people's mistake regarding English .. I think when I read somebody writes something grammatically incorrect, I get itchy to correct it. I know I'm not always right, I make a lot of mistakes, but I hope I can learn from my mistakes (in term of English).

And monique, how come you're brazzilian yet addicted to japanese music. Have you ever came to Japan? or maybe your addiction started from Japan anime?
Unfortunately, I'm not in to Jrock. Ugh, I can't stand hearing that kind of music. Anyway, I like some of L`arc~en~ciel's songs. So far, some japanese artists that I like are Utada Hikaru, Ken Hirai and EXILE. You'd think it's so girlish ...
:mrgreen:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

to: nien u can find Estonia from Europe.. among of finland and latvia. map

I downloaded some.. But I think when I'm wanna listen some japanese music, then I'm prefer those radiostation wahat I found my self...
Last edited by Hardi on Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nien

Post by nien »

Yo Hardi hehe I was being too lazy to look up a map by myself. Thanks for the map you attached.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Well i wanted to say that I'm like Yuki Kajiura creations I'm also liked Noir anyme series, because of Yuki Kajiuras cool soundtracks.. it was little sad, but I'm liked. Regardless Japanese music is not my taste.
Guilherme

I like japonese music...

Post by Guilherme »

I like japonese music but I know little about her...
Dir En Grey is my favorite band japonese too, I listen more japonese music in animes but I don't know your names...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Guilherme

I like japonese music...

Post by Guilherme »

I like japonese music but I know little about her...
Dir En Grey is my favorite band japonese too, I listen more japonese music in animes but I don't know your names...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: japanese music (rock, pop, metal... everything about it)

Post by vince90 »

monique_niimura wrote:heya everybody!

I'd like to know if anyone of you like or know or have heard about japanese music. I mean, not the "traditional" one. I'm talking about the same kind of music that plays all around the world - the only difference it that it's in japanese, of course... (but sometimes the lyrics are in english, in french, etc...)

and... for the ones who have never listened to it: what's your opinion about it? would you like to know it? why? why not?

if anyone is interested... you can see in my signature part of a song of Dir en grey, my favorite band... the name of the song is 24ko cylinder... the part there says this:

"your unreachable love
my unreachable love
even now, look at it"

they basically play rock, but their style is not just "one" thing at all. they play different musics, they have their own kind of music... I don't know how to explain it...

anyway... I hope at least someone answer this topic ^^'

and for the ones who doesn't know japanese music but already think it's disgusting... talk to me. I would list a lot of bands for you to listen to. then, maybe you would open your minds...

and that's all. thanks for your atention, people...

kisses,

Mô.
Yes I did listenning Japanese rock music about 10 years ago. I liked the Loudness band (http://www.takasaki.net/Loudness/bio/ ) and they are really rocking. From my opinion Japanese entertainment industry influences very much in American culture and young generation has been adopted it very well.

Vince