Chicken Scaloppini

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

bahrain cat

Chicken Scaloppini

Post by bahrain cat »

This is a special Italian recipe for chicken topped with creamy sauce and vegetables. The smoked veal in the sauce adds a delicious taste to the recipe.

Cuisine: Italian
Main ingredients: chicken, mushroom, tomato, chili green pepper
Time of preparation: 15 minutes
Time of cooking: 60 minutes
Serving: 4

Ingredients
8 chicken breasts pieces
4 smoked veal slices
1 green pepper, medium size
3/4 can of mushrooms (250g) diced
2 spring onions
1 large tomato
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tbsp butter
3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup double cream
Salt and pepper

Directions
1. Preparing chicken
• Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip into flour, then eggs, and finally into Parmesan cheese. Coat chicken well.
• Heat oven to medium-high heat (200 C). Put chicken in a baking dish. Cover and leave to cook for about 35 minutes or until tender.

2. Preparing vegetables
• Dice onions, tomato and green pepper into small dice. Cut smoked veal slices into bite size pieces.
• In a saucepan heat and stir ½ tbsp butter and onion until yellow. Add mushrooms and green pepper, stir for 2 minutes.
• Add tomatoes and continue stirring for another 2 minutes. Stir in veal pieces. Remove from pan and set aside.

3. Preparing sauce and serving
• In the same saucepan add remaining butter and flour. Stir over medium heat until golden. Add cream, reduce heat and stir until mixture boils.
• Add vegetables just before serving and stir for 30 seconds.
• Place chicken on a serving platter and cover with sauce and vegetables. Serve with spaghetti or fettuccine.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Chicken Scallopini

Post by Shazzam »

Hi there; yummy. I have saved this recipe and I'm going to try it; it sounds lovely. Will post my recommendations after cooking it.

Do you know that you can also do this dish with Veal I have had it it is beautiful and a low fat alternative. The ingredients might be slightly different though; I haven't cooked it I have had it a restaurant. 8)
bahrain cat

Post by bahrain cat »

i thank u at your reply.

frankly i liken,t cooking to list.

i like only eat