Tony Blair still Prime Minister of England.

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Tony Blair still Prime Minister of England.

Post by Shazzam »

Well it looks like Tony Blair has been re-elected to government in England. I have heard that voting is not compulsory in England (it is in Australia). Do you think he is doing a good job. Or do you think there just wasn't any competition.

Post by Guest »

I didn't know anything about him until I watched one episode of the Simpsons that he was in it. And that's it :oops: .
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Send a message to World leader

Post by Pirate »

CIDSE, alliance of 15 Catholic Development Organisations from Europe and North America call to Action

2005 is a year of unique opportunity for rich countries to end extreme poverty and change the lives of 800 million of the earth's poorest people. The UK Prime Minister will be in charge of the process - email him today with a message for world leaders.

This is a copy of the message that CIDSE is asking you to send to Tony Blair:

Dear UK Prime Minister,
When you host the July 2005 Summit of the eight 'major industrialised countries', please give this message to the seven other country leaders: "2005 presents you all with an historic opportunity, as the 10-year countdown to the Millennium Development Goals begins. Every day 24,000 people die of hunger. Reversing this alarming trend and ensuring that flows of finance are directed to benefit developing countries will finally make available the financial resources to eradicate poverty.

I urge you all to demonstrate your country's commitment to eradicating poverty by:

doubling aid and improving aid quality
cancelling debt that prevents the achievement of the Goals
ending dumping NOW and letting developing countries protect their farmers

Only a genuine partnership with people in developing countries will ensure their basic rights to food, clean water, education and healthcare are met.

All the heads of government have signed up to the Millennium Development Goals. To ensure that all parties meet their obligations, we urge your Summit to commit now to measurable reforms of international trade and increases in finance for development. This urgent and vital first step is needed if we are all to make poverty history."

Yours expectantly,

If you are interested, check this:
http://www.cidse.org/send_item.phtml?la ... ation=page