Most popular sport in your country

Football, rugby, swimming, tennis... Painting, fishing, stamps

Moderators: Vega, EC

Podziomka
Silver Member

Most popular sport in your country

Postby Podziomka » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:13 am

Hey! What's the most popular sport in your country? Do you like it? You prefer playing or just watching?

Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Pirate » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:18 am

Here in Vietnam the King sport is Soccer!
I enjoy watching it. I used to play a little when I'm younger, then watching more than playing and now even no time for watching much :( .

I know the King in the US & the Philippines is Basket Ball. In UK it's cricket above soccer.
Right?

tobyboy

Postby tobyboy » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:18 am

Hi , I am from China ,so the most popular sport is table tennis .Now many parents send their children to have a training . But I am not good at it ,I just watch .And besides,badminton is also popular here .I like playing badminton.By the way ,I also like watching tennis match.And Andy Roddick is the best tennis player in my heart .

-Rafael-

Postby -Rafael- » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:42 am

i live in Brazil. Does anybody know what is the most important sport of Brazil???? :lol:

if you thought soccer, you're right.

almost everybody here like soccer, and with me it's not different. I love soccer, both to watch and play. I play soccer every weekend.
MetallicA

Mandy2
Silver Member

Postby Mandy2 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:41 pm

It's gotta be soccer in Germany, closely followed by formula 1.

Podziomka
Silver Member

Postby Podziomka » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:41 pm

Thanks, for answers :) As I thought - soccer...ok. In fact, in Poland it's quite the same. We like football also volleyball, swiming and ski jumping.

Fenerbahçeli

Postby Fenerbahçeli » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:55 pm

I live in Turkey. Football is the best sports in my country.

And also Fenerbahçe is the best team of Turkey :wink:

Podziomka
Silver Member

Postby Podziomka » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:17 pm

It really looks like football is popular everywhere :) Well, I rather prefer to watch and in fact I don't know many girls who 'd like to play that game. Football is rather for boys...

viveo

Postby viveo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:44 pm

In Vietnam, football is the most popular sport. If you come to Vietnam, you will see a lot of people playing football everywhere. From the pavements to alleys, children play football everyday no matter how weather is. Particularly, when the football competition is celebrated in Vietnam, you can see clearly the love of the fans. It is very exciting and friendly. When the national team wins a championship or just tight match, citizens will rush out the streets and celebrate the victory.
What is love ?

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:22 am

pirate wrote: I know the King in the US & the Philippines is Basket Ball. In UK it's cricket above soccer.
Right?

Americans love American's football, baseball, and basketball. Players from those three categories can reach millions in salary.

damon

the most popular sport..

Postby damon » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:31 pm

I´m from Colombia. In my country the most popular sport is Soccer. Although we like every sport where a Colombian is playing or particpating. I think in South America, the most popular sport is Soccer. you can play it in any place, only you need a ball and four objects for make the porterys. (how do you say ¨porterias¨in english?)

Talal

Postby Talal » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:04 am

Hi
I live in Canada , I'm from Kuwait . The most popular sport in my country is soccer . It's very nice game .

bye 8)

Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Pirate » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:10 am

Hey Talal, you mean soccer is the most popular sport in Kuwait or in Canada?

Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby Coolfish » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:07 am

tobyboy wrote:Hi , I am from China ,so the most popular sport is table tennis .Now many parents send their children to have a training . But I am not good at it ,I just watch .And besides,badminton is also popular here .I like playing badminton.By the way ,I also like watching tennis match.And Andy Roddick is the best tennis player in my heart .

Recent years, more and more chinese young people rush into soccer and basketball. Also tennis is becoming popular day by day.

jasminefu623

Postby jasminefu623 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:02 am

I am from Hong Kong, from my pont of view, the most popular sport here is badminton.Since there are not many open space for Hong Kong people to do excerise at outdoor, so there are not many outdoor sportsgroung in Hong Kong like tennis court. Also, the Hong Kongers are very busy here, so they do not have much time to do excerises, so I hope in the future, there will be more outdoor sportsgroungs , like tennis court in Hong Kong, since i love playing tennis.

blackberries

Postby blackberries » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:47 am

soccer is really famous ini indonesia,,but ill choose to watching,,i choose swimming or basketball,,honestly i dont know about soccer rules,,but sometimes i saw in tv,,thas interesting,, but to play of course i can play basketball,, i love that sport,,but in inodesia we have traditional sports too

Dawn
Gold Member

Postby Dawn » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:02 am

[quote="simplyblessedwithlove"][quote="pirate"] I know the King in the US & the Philippines is Basket Ball. In UK it's cricket above soccer.
Right?[/quote]
Americans love American's football, baseball, and basketball. Players from those three categories can reach millions in salary.[/quote]

Yup! You're right!!!

Butler
Platinum Member

Postby Butler » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:41 am

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:
pirate wrote: In UK it's cricket above soccer. Right?

Yup! You're right!!!

Well no you are wrong. I lived in London for 14 years and believe me football is the king of sports in the UK. Cricket is popular but only in summer. Football, especially the Premieship is the most watched league in the world too..long live football.

pure_iman

Postby pure_iman » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:26 am

hye,,
this is gonna be my first post,,,
i belongs to pakistan and most popular sports here is cricket and i think we are the most die hard fans of this game.cricket is not only popular in pakistan but also very popular in sub-continent . and the other sports like hockey ,squash ,soccer ,boxing are also popular sports here .

Butler
Platinum Member

Postby Butler » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:14 pm

Hello pure_iman...yes Cricket is very popular there..I saw that in the last world cup...I watched cricket when I had a lazy day ahead...mostly England (I lived in London)...they seemed to always lose back then..been so long since I watched...who are the champions now??

Usama
Silver Member

Postby Usama » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:36 pm

I am from Egypt.
and the most popular sport here is Soccer.
i like either playing or watching it.
i am quite good in it. :D
but about my favourite sport, i like table tennis, Basketball. :D

Return to “Sports & Hobbies”