lekimtoan

The Purpose Driven Life -Dick Warren

Post by lekimtoan »

Anybody read it?The best seller book!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I don't know about it. Can you tell us something about the book?
lekimtoan

Post by lekimtoan »

Just say you now that book guides you to live with purpose through 40 days.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I don't know this book either. however, I must go to bookstore to find it! because the author's first name is so interesting :lol:
lekimtoan

Post by lekimtoan »

yeah.This book is so interesting,I'm sure.My english is not good.but i think.Redrose you can understand all of book.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: The Purpose Driven Life -Dick Warren

Post by MissLT »

lekimtoan wrote:Anybody read it?The best seller book!
It's RICK Warren. The preview is here,
"The spiritual premise in The Purpose-Driven Life is that there are no accidents---God planned everything and everyone. Therefore, every human has a divine purpose, according to God's master plan. Like a twist on John F. Kennedy's famous inaugural address, this book could be summed up like this: "So my fellow Christians, ask not what God can do for your life plan, ask what your life can do for God's plan." Those who are looking for advice on finding one's calling through career choice, creative expression, or any form of self-discovery should go elsewhere. This is not about self-exploration; it is about purposeful devotion to a Christian God. The book is set up to be a 40-day immersion plan, recognizing that the Bible favors the number 40 as a "spiritually significant time," according to author Rick Warren, the founding pastor of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California, touted as one of the nation largest congregations. Warren's hope is that readers will "interact" with the 40 chapters, reading them one day at a time, with extensive underlining and writing in the margins. As an inspirational manifesto for creating a more worshipful, church-driven life, this book delivers. Every page is laden with references to scripture or dogma. But it does not do much to address the challenges of modern Christian living, with its competing material, professional, and financial distractions. Nonetheless, this is probably an excellent resource for devout Christians who crave a jumpstart back to worshipfulness. --Gail Hudson" (quoted from amazon)
Don't love it nor hate it. It's not my type of books to read. That's all.