Effect of books on your life!

Post by _Arale_ »

How do books affect your life?

_Arale_
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I don't think so. I can name as many females writers as male writers that I know. Amy Tan, Maya Angelou, Gwendolyn Brooks, Nikki Giovanni, and Helen Keller, for examples. You just have to keep up with their work. That's all
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

the level and skills of writing have nothing to do with auther's sex.

yeah, just few women are authors, that is just because women are mostly involved into some housework, feeding kids, and so on. in the past, many women had not as many chances to receive education as men did.

there are many complicated backgrounds behind this phenomenon. it isn't a matter of gender.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Arale :shock: I would never have expected such a question from you! :roll: :)
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

I agree with Dixie, its a silly question. Are female singers better than male? Are female actors better than male??

All about personal preferences.
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

Butler wrote:
Dixie wrote:Arale :shock: I would never have expected such a question from you! :roll: :)
I agree with Dixie, its a silly question. Are female singers better than male? Are female actors better than male??

Well, please read my first post. I did say I DON'T THINK SO. I bet you haven't read it, except the TITLE. :evil:
Anyway, this TITLE was quoted from a research by scientists, I am just the one who repeat the question and give out my own opinion.

_Arale_
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Butler wrote:I agree with Dixie, its a silly question. Are female singers better than male? Are female actors better than male??
Oh yes, don't be so sure about that. It depends on who and who you're comparing with. And we can do it for generalization, too. Make a list of all the famous male singers in one column and the female singers in another to see which column has more famous people and voila, our answer for which gender is better at acting or singing :lol: .
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

LennyeTran wrote:
Butler wrote:I agree with Dixie, its a silly question. Are female singers better than male? Are female actors better than male??
Oh yes, don't be so sure about that. It depends on who and who you're comparing with. And we can do it for generalization, too. Make a list of all the famous male singers in one column and the female singers in another to see which column has more famous people and voila, our answer for which gender is better at acting or singing :lol: .

OK here is my list of (my favourite) singers, male and female..

Male: Female:

Bono Kate Bush
Frank Sinatra Bjork
Van Morrison Mary Black (Irish)
Michael Stipe (REM) Norah Jones

It could be a long list...but for me these are the important ones...my favourites from that list.??? Hard to say..love them all...
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

This is what I could remember from that research.
The ability of writing between male and female are different. Man could write a more logical passage, which women are restricted by their sensity. Man have a good health and it's very important to help them write in a long time. In fact, there are many works by male authors, which have a trong affect on our time, while those of female authors are extremely few...
Last edited by Arale on Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing lasts forever...
brightsmiles

Post by brightsmiles »

Arale wrote:This is what I could remember from that research.
The ability of writing between male and female are different. Man could write a more logical passage, which women are restricted by their sensity. Man have a good health and it's very important to help them write in a long time. In fact, there are many works by male authors, which have a trong affect in our time, while those of female authors are extremely few...
arale, as i know that report talks about the ability of women and men in many different fields, not only writing. And in terms of writing, i suppose it talks much about affect of man's books and women's in out time. i think u should change ur topic. :)hope don't mind!
all the best :!:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

brightsmiles wrote:arale, as i know that report talks about the ability of women and men in many different fields, not only writing. And in terms of writing, i suppose it talks much about affect of man's books and women's in out time. i think u should change ur topic. :)hope don't mind!
Thanks so much, brightsmiles. OK, I will completely change my topic because that research seems to raise sex discrimination. Personally, I don't like it.

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
brightsmiles

Post by brightsmiles »

it seems that but to some extent, it's not wronng :mrgreen:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

brightsmiles wrote:it seems that but to some extent, it's not wronng :mrgreen:
OK. Please discuss the main topic. How do books affect your life? :wink:

Regards,

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
brightsmiles

Post by brightsmiles »

it affects partially. i like real experience more. :mrgreen:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

brightsmiles wrote:
Arale wrote:This is what I could remember from that research.
The ability of writing between male and female are different. Man could write a more logical passage, which women are restricted by their sensity. Man have a good health and it's very important to help them write in a long time. In fact, there are many works by male authors, which have a trong affect in our time, while those of female authors are extremely few...
arale, as i know that report talks about the ability of women and men in many different fields, not only writing. And in terms of writing, i suppose it talks much about affect of man's books and women's in out time. i think u should change ur topic. :)hope don't mind!
Why are people so sensitive when it comes to comparing one gender to another? I don't see anything is wrong with that. Since women and men are now equal; therefore, they both should be acknowledged for their abilities, not their gender. I, personally, would be desvatated if I was better than my male coworkers and the boss didn't want to compare to see that I was better than them because it was "too sensitive and racist" to compare the female and male employees. And even if I was not better than them, I'd still stand strong to let them compare my ability with other male coworkers. I mean, I want to be equal to males, but I don't want to lose my voice as a female. Treat me equal, but don't see me as a male. I find it really sexist.
Mina

Post by Mina »

Hello!!!! How do books affect my life? Hummm, I guess very much! Reading I can go to different places and thank God I have a strong imagination. :lol: Nobory can deny that real experieces are much better, though.