Recomend smthing plz!

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Viktor_UA

Recomend smthing plz!

Post by Viktor_UA »

Hi!
I'd like to get some skills in fighting! Can you reccomend one kind of progressing style of fighting?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Recomend smthing plz!

Post by Shazzam »

Viktor_UA wrote:Hi!
I'd like to get some skills in fighting! Can you reccomend one kind of progressing style of fighting?
If you are looking at just being able to defend yourself and learn self-discipline then Karate is great; also boxing; Tai-kwon-doh; apparently there are different strains (so my spelling might be off). Kick-boxing is also good exercise.... 8)
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

any martial art is a good way to become strong

Post by tikay »

All of fthe martial arts are great for fighting skill and stamina...if you are into learning self defense then i reccommend martial arts of any kind, there are so many to choose from. The boxing and wrestling arts are interesting too. ( Just watching the movie "Million Dollar Baby" has opened my mind even more)...so there are ways to get into those if you like by asking around in the right circles. since I dont know about Austrailia I will not be able to reccommend anything (except maybe try moving to a place like New York or here in Los angeles areas where...after you learn to fight you can get much practice...even on the streets if you wanted to! LOL...
i am suprised that you got so few response :roll: (sorry)...people are less into fighting as a sport I guess, these days...maybe they have forgotten how popular it once was...I think about boxing and wrestling on the tele...I like Asian forms of fighting best myself. (Kung Fu movies are fun) so...Want to learn Karate one day, myself or some similar form. Best of luck to you!
tracey
Golfygirl

Re: Recomend smthing plz!

Post by Golfygirl »

Viktor_UA wrote:Hi!
You do not want any type of fighting that involves being hit in the head. Boxing, for example, is a terrible fight. Can you imagine what happens to a persons brain being hit in the head constantly? It is a fact that boxing for an extended period of time(years)will cause severe brain damage.

Any fighting that will promote peace is a good fight. Marshall Arts teaches a person to get as far away from trouble as possible.

But the really good thing about Marshall Arts is that while you are "practicing" to fight, you are getting a good heathy workout. A work out that promotes peace within yourself. :)