London 2012

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

London 2012

Post by Dixie »

Finally, neither Paris nor Madrid will held the Olympics in 2012. London is the winner. Well done!

Everyone is really happy today in Catalunya 8) 8)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Sure is great news! I'm sure they will hold an amazing event!
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Why are you so happy in Catalunya Dixie???

it wouldn't be better for you if the Olympics had been held in Madrid? :shock: :shock:

It's just a question, I think it's great for people in London to have an event like that 8)
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

I suppose that all the sports played outdoors will be quite... wet! :wink:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

This is terrible news. It should have been held in Petersburg or Moscow.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

danyet wrote:This is terrible news. It should have been held in Petersburg or Moscow.
And why is that, danyet?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

idalia wrote:Why are you so happy in Catalunya Dixie???

it wouldn't be better for you if the Olympics had been held in Madrid? :shock: :shock:
Catalans are happy for many reasons, which I do not have time to explain right now. By the way, the Olympics were held in Barcelona in 1992, so we already had our games :D

By the way, do you think the terrorist attacks in London are related to the Olympics?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Lalee wrote:
danyet wrote:This is terrible news. It should have been held in Petersburg or Moscow.
And why is that, danyet?
Because it seems to me that it is time for Olympics to be held there before LOndon or Paris and such. Last Olympics in Russia was not true Olympics since it was boycotted by USA.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

danyet wrote: Because it seems to me that it is time for Olympics to be held there before LOndon or Paris and such. Last Olympics in Russia was not true Olympics since it was boycotted by USA.
Oh, I see.
Danyet, I'd like to know more about that boycott. How did that happen? Could you tell me, please?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

MOSCOW 1980

A U.S.-led boycott reduced the number of participating nations to 80. The boycott was in protest to Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan in December 1979. Some governments, like those of Great Britain and Australia, supported the boycott but allowed the athletes to decide for themselves whether to go to Moscow.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Dixie wrote:By the way, do you think the terrorist attacks in London are related to the Olympics
No directly. I mean the attacks not take place in protest of that fact. But Al Qaheda got more attention. Maybe this movement prepared some attacks in different countries, and finallu decide to do it in London because of the attention in the world was there because of the G-8 meeting and because of they winn Olimpic Games.
Maybe if the Olympic comitee would decide another country, then decition will be the other country. If the Olimpic comitee will not select any, then Al Qaheda will choose another place where the attencion of the world were.
AlQaheda has his methods. In this case the group said the atackk is because GB has troops in the meaddle east.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

danyet wrote:MOSCOW 1980

A U.S.-led boycott reduced the number of participating nations to 80. The boycott was in protest to Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan in December 1979. Some governments, like those of Great Britain and Australia, supported the boycott but allowed the athletes to decide for themselves whether to go to Moscow.
Thanks, danyet. :D
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:
idalia wrote:Why are you so happy in Catalunya Dixie???

Catalans are happy for many reasons, which I do not have time to explain right now. By the way, the Olympics were held in Barcelona in 1992, so we already had our games :D

By the way, do you think the terrorist attacks in London are related to the Olympics?
I thought maybe! But from what I'm hearing this operation had been in the planning for quite sometime. Mind you the G8 conference probably was in the planning for sometime too..Who knows what makes these people work?? But nothing would surprise me. They seem so deadset against anything western; maybe they view the Olympic Games as something along those lines.

:twisted: :evil: :cry:
birrel

Birrel

Post by birrel »

"Finally, neither Paris nor Madrid will held the Olympics in 2012. London is the winner. Well done!

Everyone is really happy today in Catalunya"

I am Catalan and I am neither happy nor sad because London won and Madrid lost.

I have to say that there are a lot of Catalans who aren't nationalist like you, Dixie. Your hatred is not an example for this forum. Most people are worried about their own problems and we don't care about all these politics like Carod-Rovira, Mas or Maragall.

By the way, are you happy with the 3% ?

Do you agree with Oriol Malló when he said that Albert Boadella and others should be erased?

Fins aviat
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Birrel

Post by Dixie »

birrel wrote: I am Catalan and I am neither happy nor sad because London won and Madrid lost.

I have to say that there are a lot of Catalans who aren't nationalist like you, Dixie. Your hatred is not an example for this forum.
I am happy to see there are more Catalan people on the forums! :D Welcome, birrel!

Firstly, just because you do not agree with someone does not mean what they say are stupidities. You, as a Catalan, should know pretty clearly what I am talking about and why. No need to explain anything.

Secondly, no one talked about hatred here. I personally do not hate anybody nor anything. Hatred? OMG :lol: Again, you should understand my point of view since you are Catalan too.

I am not into the Olympics. Never have. I just didn't want Madrid to win.

Finally, I am not into politics, either. I don't care about what politicians do or say since they have already showed they are a bunch of liars. I prefer to mind my own business and don't stuff my nose into politics. They are really boring 8) :D
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Birrel

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:
birrel wrote:

I am not into the Olympics. Never have. I just didn't want Madrid to win.

Finally, I am not into politics, either. I don't care about what politicians do or say since they have already showed they are a bunch of liars. I prefer to mind my own business and don't stuff my nose into politics. They are really boring 8) :D
Hi Dixie I was just wondering why you didn't want Madrid to win? I must admit I love the Olympics I have been watching them since I was a child. I remember watching them when I was about 9 years old (which I hate to admit was quite a few decades ago).

I know Madrid has had it's security problems etc; but hey looks like we are all vunerable to that! I was just wondering if you had a particular reason why they shouldn't have them.

CURIOUS!!

:?