SAVE THE WHALES!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

SAVE THE WHALES!

Post by Shazzam »

With Japan under fire for plans to expand it's Whaling program, a fast-food chain is offering a new product aimed at using up stocks from past hunts 'whale burgers'. At 380 yen ($4.50 Aus) a slice of fried Minke Whale in a bun went on sale Thursday at Lucky Pierrott, a restaurant chain in port city Hakodate on Japan's northern most island of Hokkaido.

Japans plan to expand its scientific whale hunt to 900 Minke Whales a year was dealt a blow on Wednesday when the International Whaling Commission passed a resolution at a meeting in South Korea urging it to cut back on the killing.

Japans response:

"We are not going out to catch whales because we want to eat them, we are just using up meat from whales that have been killed for experiments", Oh said.

You be the judge!

:twisted: :evil: [/b]
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

:cry: Lipsticks are made from whale's products. It's the reason why I avoid to use lipstick as much as possible.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote::cry: Lipsticks are made from whale's products. It's the reason why I avoid to use lipstick as much as possible.
I'm not 100% sure but I'm fairly confidant that not all lipsticks are made from whale products; I think there are alot of companies now that use alternative products for cosmetics. I will check this out.

Good point though!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

It's really sad that no one seems to care about saving these amazing creatures. The eco-system will be damaged forever if we don't encourage change.

We have lost so many species of animals over the years by over harvesting. Maybe we should all stand up and say enough is enough. We need to find alternatives.

Just a thought!!!!
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Wait for this one!! Technology!!!!

This week in Australia a group of marine biologists fitted a group of Whale Sharks with a satellite system to track them to see where they go and the depths they go to. They claim to have done this a year ago and have tracked them to depths of more than 1km...my god imagine how dark it is down there!They say there is a pattern to how they commute. They spend a certain amount of time in various oceans and then return to Australia.

How amazing is this!! Whales with Global Satellite Tracking!!!

8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

JaninePalermo wrote::?

Whale products: these included animal feed, industrial oils, fertilizer, perfume, soap, shampoo, gelatine and margarine. Cheap and plentiful substitutes now exist for these whale by-products.

Inhumane killing: many people consider that the method of slaughtering whales is extremely cruel. Although whaling fleets may be highly sophisticated, equipped with sonar, helicopters, long-range explosive harpoons and factory ships, the actual kill is barbaric. The whale is killed by a 90kg, 2 metre-long iron harpoon, shot from a 90mm cannon. The harpoon head contains a time-fuse grenade which, literally, blows the whale's insides apart seconds after impact. This does not usually kill the whale immediately and it may suffer for hours before finally dying. :wink: :( :( :(
Just reading the information you have provided should be enough to make everyone support SAVE THE WHALES! So cruel. :cry: :cry: :cry:
mspedregosa

Re:

Post by mspedregosa »

Not only whales today are been killed... other endagered sea animals are also been killed by people who don'tcare about our nature.These animals are been killed to be use as a source of their food and make in the form of medicine and other products. If we continue killing this animals, time will come that these animals will disappear. What we will do order to stop the killing of these animals and to preserve their living?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re:

Post by Shazzam »

mspedregosa wrote:Not only whales today are been killed... other endagered sea animals are also been killed by people who don'tcare about our nature.These animals are been killed to be use as a source of their food and make in the form of medicine and other products. If we continue killing this animals, time will come that these animals will disappear. What we will do order to stop the killing of these animals and to preserve their living?
I think every country should have to perform research on endangered species; to make sure that the numbers don't reach danger levels. They should also have to put laws in place (in the waters) to prevent the killing of any endangered species.

Unfortunately there will always be certain fish etc that are used for food, research, medicine etc. But if we balance it out and make sure that we don't use more than we need it wouldn't be as bad.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I watched footage of this carnage on television yesterday. It makes me sick. These beautiful animals being slaughtered at random. :twisted: :twisted: It doesn't wash with me that they are killing these animals for scientific purposes. :evil:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=68716
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

LennyeTran wrote::cry: Lipsticks are made from whale's products. It's the reason why I avoid to use lipstick as much as possible.
haha.. it's right!! if you didn't say and i never to know that the lipstick are made from whale's products. yesterday i bought one ipstick from store and use it just now ...i will stop to use it from now on ...just to support save whale's action...
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

ANDYTAN wrote:
haha.. it's right!! if you didn't say and i never to know that the lipstick are made from whale's products. yesterday i bought one ipstick from store and use it just now ...i will stop to use it from now on ...just to support save whale's action...
Wow! Excellent. 8) Good for you ANDYTAN. :D
northernwolf

Post by northernwolf »

ANDYTAN wrote:
I don't agree with andytan's action .because of your action is a action extremely,so need the world 's scientist reseach a better substitute in the issue~~~
ANDYTAN is very good ~~~~
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

northernwolf wrote:
ANDYTAN wrote:
I don't agree with andytan's action .because of your action is a action extremely,so need the world 's scientist reseach a better substitute in the issue~~~
ANDYTAN is very good ~~~~
wow!!! yes!!northernwolf ...thx!! thx for you give me a face !! anyway, look at the world and we would discover parts of animals will be die out due to human slaughtered at random.. wait for the world 's scientist reseach a better substitute ..i want to ask we wait for what's time ...one year. two years or more that..we don't know . right ?? :) the only solve way which vocative of human stop to use Lipsticks or forbid to slaughtered it ....thx .. pls share your idea with me !