why some authors get Nobel Prizes and others don't?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

real_lord

why some authors get Nobel Prizes and others don't?

Post by real_lord »

Why do some authors get Nobel Prizes and others don't?
ozlemysticgirl

Post by ozlemysticgirl »

Give examples pls which authors do you mean?
Goronman

Post by Goronman »

real_lord wrote:Why do some authors get Nobel Prizes and others don't?
personally, I don't have the answer to your question but...

another question could be "why do some authors, who gets the Nobel Prize, decide to refuse it" ? :)
hedwig14

Post by hedwig14 »

hey don't ask and react..
they worked hard just to get that prestigious award... just give it to them that way. besides they have abused their eyes and hands just to write hundred and even thousands of books...
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: why some authors get Nobel Prizes and others don't?

Post by pob »

real_lord wrote:Why do some authors get Nobel Prizes and others don't?
___ question, ___ answer.

Some authors get Nobel Prizes because they are chosen, and others don't get Nobel Prizes because they are not chosen.
chuhainguyen

Post by chuhainguyen »

there is a committe to vote the person (who most suitable ). this committe is at sweeden.
But people still don't understand why some very very famous people such as ghandi ( at India) ( now suddenly I forget his name ) didn't get this reward . And Eistein ( at Germany) got this prize after a long time he invented " relatively theory" :?:
Linpiber

Nobel Prize

Post by Linpiber »

I think many times the prize involves a good deal of money. On the other hand, the authors dont matter with the result of the their masterpiece. For example, JM Barrie wrote Peter Pan and give the copyright for a children hospital since its first publication. And I dunno whether he got this prize or not, if not, he should.
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

You folks are talking about two different types of Nobel Prize

The first question is about the prize for Literature and other comments were made about the Nobel Prize for Peace.

I hope to win the second first and the first one second...LOL!

I will see if I can get a good web site link for you to look at for a better understanding of the process to attain one or more :lol:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

Try this for a complete understanding of all sorts of NOBEL....information. http://nobelprize.org/
PEACE :D
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

The academy deny the Literature nobel to Jorge Luis Borges, and argentin writter, and one of the best -i think the best- of latinamerican authors.
Why?
The academy said that the work of Borges doesn´t imply a social feeling, that it was fantastic literature.
I´m sure the academu never read the poem about Chezz, where Borges talk aboutthe horror of the wars.
Tel me friends
It isn´t a social feeling?
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

I will have to look into that and have my people call their people...they owe me a favor dear Elba...
of course one of us will be forced to marry the horribly ugly Ustinov....still maybe Jorge is that important!

kidding honey!

now i will check out Jorge Borges literature...definately this can be done!

love ya...
Jaime

Post by Jaime »

Elba wrote:The academy deny the Literature nobel to Jorge Luis Borges, and argentin writter, and one of the best -i think the best- of latinamerican authors.
Why?
Well, you know, they say it wasn't Borges who didn't get the Nobel Prize but pretty much the other way round: it was "The Nobel Prize" which didn't get Borges! Shame on Nobel Prize...
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

you are right hedwig14 some authores give it to us good story and great books and thier are another do not do that just looking for money not for prestige .
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: why some authors get Nobel Prizes and others don't?

Post by Annaa »

Some authors get Nobel Prizes cuz their books r 4 Nobel,and the others don`t get it cuz their books rn`t 4 a Nobel Prize.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..