dan brown

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

ozlemysticgirl

Dan Brown- Da Vinci Code,Angels And Demons Do you like?

Postby ozlemysticgirl » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:40 pm

I have just read these two books and I must admit that they gave me all the pleasure and excitement.Mysticism has always attracted me.(you can see it in my nick too :) )So both of them completely appeal to me.I really like Dan Brown.What do you think?Do you like?Give me your opinions pls
Thanks

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:07 pm

It was okay.

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:37 pm

I loved them!!!!!!!!

I read The Da Vinci Code first. I read it in two days. It just fascinated me! I found it really interesting. I started with Angels and Demons immediately, and the first thing I thought was: "Both novels start the same way!", you know.

I've read the other two novels by Brown, Digital Fortress (his first novel, I think) and Deception Point, which were OK.

The Da Vinci Code was the best one! Now this type of novels are proliferating in bookstores!

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:52 am

Well, it looked pretty real to me :roll: As I was reading the book, I thought all the explantions given were realistic. Later on I realized it was just a novel. But I think it could be, why not?

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:12 pm

It's a fictitious book. It should be under fiction section in the bookstores. And there's a documentary movie about this book that one English... (I forgot what he was) was going after all the clues that are given out in the book to see whether they're true or not. I recommend you to see it if you like to see nice scences of England and the places that are mentioned in the book. It'll make you feel like you've been to those places :wink: .

ozlemysticgirl

Postby ozlemysticgirl » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:09 pm

I agree with Dixie it's just a novel but I believe that it may be true that Jesus was married to Maria Magdalena.Dan Brown wrote the novel so vividly that its impossible not to believe it.I carried away much while reading the book. :)

hedwig14
Silver Member

sigh...

Postby hedwig14 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:40 am

As a Christian, i don't believe in it... i would always uphold what is stated in the Bible... Though, it may be written so vividly, it's still not the ground of the truth.. i've heard that there is this one book which they say is written with more precision.. i don't know why these people are writing these books(may it be true or not). but i'll never submit to them... it's my faith..

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:42 am

many religious people feel offened by that book. Personally I don't. I like it even though it says stuff like Jesus had a wife and he had a son. I mean it would be a bit ridiculous, wouldn't it? Dan Brown is just a professional writer and took care about all the details so well that some people believed it's all true. I think he based on some facts for sure but it only helped him to develop his own story and his own point of view of that matter. And that's how this great book came to life haha ;p

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:58 am

illusion wrote:many religious people feel offened by that book.

According to my father-in-law, those who get offended by that book are not educated people :D

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:22 pm

illusion wrote:Dan Brown is just a professional writer and took care about all the details so well that some people believed it's all true. I think he based on some facts for sure but it only helped him to develop his own story and his own point of view of that matter. And that's how this great book came to life haha ;p

Exactly! And maybe I'm not a Christian so I don't understand this, but I don't see the big deal of it if Jesus got married... :?

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:30 pm

yeah, I am Christian but I don't feel offended at all. it's only a book. nothing to feel hurt about..;p

martazzz
Silver Member

dan brown

Postby martazzz » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:27 pm

The lastest book i ve read is "The da vinci code" and "Angels and Demons"... They were so beautiful..Is there anyone has read them?? :D

ozlemysticgirl

Postby ozlemysticgirl » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:11 am

I agree with you they are so cool but thats my topic!be careful! :) :!:

Dixie

Re: dan brown

Postby Dixie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:26 pm

martazzz wrote:The lastest book i ve read is "The da vinci code" and "Angels and Demons"... They were so beautiful..Is there anyone has read them?? :D

I've got all his novels (he's got 4). I loved them, but my favorite ones are the most popular ones: The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I still don't know how there can be so many people that get mad when they read those novels.

trinity19
Silver Member

Postby trinity19 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:08 pm

i've only read the da vinci code and, although the story is very interesting, i think it gets worse as it comes to the end. i liked it but sometimes it seems more like a film than a novel...i don't know if someone has understood what i want to say cuz i don't know how to explain it in my language, so less in english! :roll:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:39 pm

trinity19 wrote:i've only read the da vinci code and, although the story is very interesting, i think it gets worse as it comes to the end. i liked it but sometimes it seems more like a film than a novel...i don't know if someone has understood what i want to say cuz i don't know how to explain it in my language, so less in english! :roll:

Hehehehehe... Tell me in Catalan, maybe I can help you :lol: :lol:

I loved the book, it made me cry at the end :oops: :roll:

martazzz
Silver Member

Postby martazzz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:29 pm

Trinity I've understood what you was tring to say.. yes it happend in a night it's very fast!! I've cried too at the end of Da Vinci Code.. It's so beautiful!! In italy the others dan brown novels are nomore in the libraries..uffff

DeadDream

Dan Brown ^^

Postby DeadDream » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:28 am

hi! ^^
i red the 'angels'n'demons'
its very attractive book with intresting plot
in russia this book is very popular
everyone read it and everyone find this the bestsaller
imo its unusually expirience in fiction literature
Dan Brown! i wish u success and inspiration
Fight 4 your L!

idalia
Gold Member

Postby idalia » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:51 am

The Da Vinci Code, one of the best novels I've ever read, it kept me interested page after page :wink: :wink:

An author who can do that, I mean keep the readers interested has to be Excellent just like Dan Brown

Fyfy

Postby Fyfy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:58 am

i don't know if what he wrote was true or false...

but it seemed to me more realistic than the Bible version

i mean jesus was a man, wasn't he? he certainly had a wife and they made love and they knew it was something absolutely great!
why the church has to condamn it?

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Fyfy wrote:i don't know if what he wrote was true or false...

but it seemed to me more realistic than the Bible version

i mean jesus was a man, wasn't he? he certainly had a wife and they made love and they knew it was something absolutely great!
why the church has to condamn it?

Certainly is a strong word. We have no proof of this or whatsoever, for crying out loud.

Return to “Books & Authors”