Irritable Bowel Syndrome

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

milijosh

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Post by milijosh »

What do you know about it?, Do you know what treatment is useful to relief the painful?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Post by Dixie »

milijosh wrote:What do you know about it?, Do you know what treatment is useful to relief the painful?
Hi I never heard about that, can you explain a little further?
DEMA

Post by DEMA »

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
:?: :?: i think u talk about a disease.right :?:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Post by Shazzam »

milijosh wrote:What do you know about it?, Do you know what treatment is useful to relief the painful?
I was diagnosed with this syndrome this week. It is painful (some people more than others). I have been told the best treatment is to change your diet. Add more fibre and keep an eye on what foods you are eating so that you can determine which one triggers the attacks. Some people can't eat dairy products or white bread, with others it can be nuts. Everyone has different triggers.

The first things to try are to cut down your caffeine intake together with soda drinks. Increase your intake of stone-fruit (like apricots, plums, peaches, etc). Also apples are very good as they are very high in fibre.

Last but not least; try and take a 20 minute walk every day and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. The water is very important.

I have implimented these changes and it seems to be under control.

If you have a more severe case you should see your doctor as they can prescribe pain-killers or anti-depressants.