Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

hedwig14

school books..

Post by hedwig14 »

what do you think? Boring yet educational? :lol:
trinity19

Post by trinity19 »

i think it depends on the kind of book the choose. in my case a school book made me discover my favourite series of novels but in other moments i've got to read something extremely boring when i wanted to read another book or do sth different...
i think we should try and if we decide we could be spending our time in more interesting things, do it hahaha. but don't forget to pass the exam! :roll:
waiting4sunny

Post by waiting4sunny »

Yes! Pass the EXAM is the MOST important thing!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

My textbooks in high school were boring. I hated them. But my textbooks in college are great. I love them so much. I'll usually keep most of them when the term is over.
hedwig14

Post by hedwig14 »

well highschool books are damn boring.. except for math and reading books ofcourse.. i also out in the exemption the computer ones... haha
i can't say that college books are opposite since i'm not in college yet!~ :lol: :lol: :lol: haha
i'll know next year... :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Just wait and you'll see the big difference :wink: . I normally don't read books until I'm recommended or demanded to; therefore, sometimes I hardly enjoy the books, for each person has different taste. However, I must say most of my books recommended by my professors are worth reading. And I like the textbooks since they are also well chosen. A lot of my textbooks are over 100 bucks (yeah, it hurts when it comes to buy the books :cry: ), but I think the money is spent wisely 8) .
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

leen__rasel wrote:WELL LET ME SAY SINCE I'M STUDYING ENGLISH AS A MAJOR,MOST OF MY BOOKS ARE VERY VALUABLE ... I DON'T DENY THAT SOME SUBJECTS ARE NOT WORTH STUDYING BECAUSE THEY TEACH YOU SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BENIFIT FROM ... I MEAN WE HAVE A SUBJECT CALLED PHONETICS THIS SUBJECT TALKS ABOUT THE PLACES THAT CERTAIN LETERS COME FROM ,HOW CAN WE PRONOUNCE THESE LETTERS AND HOW CAN WE WRITE THE TRANSCRIPTION OF WORDS...WE ARE IN THE THIRD LEVEL SHOULD WE EXPECT SUCH SUBJECTS I MEAN THERE SUBJECTS THAT ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS ONE AND WE NEED TO FOCUS ON LIKE CONVERSATION :!: ... EVEN THOUGH WE STUDY IN ENGLISH CLASSES , WE DON'T PRACTISE ENGLISH MUCH .... :evil:
You don't have speaking classes? And you don't speak English with the professors?