has the USA turned to a menace?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, EC

Post Reply
zoonpolitikon
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Brazil

has the USA turned to a menace?

Post by zoonpolitikon » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:15 pm

It´s about the well-known sense of antiamericanism, which has increased specially because of the policy of preventive war adopted by President Bush.
It makes us to hear things as that USA is not a friendly country, but a real menace, in so far as it would not hesitate in striking another country, in case of a minimal conflict of interests.
I think it´s absurd. As a great admirer of American people and culture, and specially of its values, I still believe the USA is not a menace, but a friendly and welcoming country.
...Am i right?

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:17 pm

Bush is the menace, not the country.

zoonpolitikon
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: Brazil

Post by zoonpolitikon » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:09 pm

That´s the point, Bush is the menace. However, Bush was reelected by the US people, that is, by the country.
What I am concerned about is what are the Americans thinking about Bush arrogant policy. Don´t they care about the harmful efeccts it can cause? Are they ignoring that is much better to be admired than to be fearsome?
You're right, Dixie, but for the people of a country which is being threatened there is no difference wether the menace comes from the president or from the country itself.
I'd like to know how concerned the americans are about the sense of anti-americanism. Recent researchs has shown that the number of foreing students in the US universities has decreased more than 30%, not only because of the increasingly restricive immigration laws, but also because a lot of those students would feel unsafe in the USA, not to mention a lot of others who are going to look for other countries, because of the mentioned unfriendly image the USA is gaining through this disastrous Bush era.

Luke CN
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:14 am
Location: China

Post by Luke CN » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:37 am

You're right, Dixie, but for the people of a country which is being threatened there is no difference wether the menace comes from the president or from the country itself.
Hi Zoon, I agree with your opinion.

Let us celebrate the good relationship between China and Brazil. Our presient visited your esteemed courty yesterday, which we bring bright future for both courties.

Hope we can good friends too.

Yours,
Luke

Mr. Wiggles ™
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:12 pm

Post by Mr. Wiggles ™ » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:27 pm

well, USA is not a menace, i disagree that bush is a menace as well, though morever all of his recent actions can cause eyebrows to raise, but the fact that he was re-elected. shows that people still trust him...
if its about the oil thing that he craves,
thats the sad part, he can just sell the oil and make iraq or any arabian country prosper, by giving the money to that country
especially that no one really is ruling as we speak, remember saddam ? he is in jail... ayt ?

i'll be a bit bold in saying that... all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
so that means all these unpopular actions, issues ...
are pieces of the big prophesy that is coming,
which is the end is near...

so i guess we need to meditate and keep this in mind,
USA IS NOT A MENACE....
wiggle it just a little bit ™

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:31 pm

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote:i'll be a bit bold in saying that... all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
so that means all these unpopular actions, issues ...
are pieces of the big prophesy that is coming,
which is the end is near...

so i guess we need to meditate and keep this in mind,
USA IS NOT A MENACE....
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
francine
Platinum Member
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Filipinas
Contact:

Post by francine » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:53 pm

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote: if its about the oil thing that he craves,
thats the sad part, he can just sell the oil and make iraq or any arabian country prosper, by giving the money to that country
especially that no one really is ruling as we speak, remember saddam ? he is in jail... ayt ?
can we just promote and use the water that the Filipino engineer invented instead of gas? i'm really waiting for it to be released in the market and be used by everyone. but not all agree to that. you see, many businessmen won't agree to that and some coutries as well. their business will go down. :roll:
Image

robin
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:30 pm

re:

Post by robin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:47 pm

everybody know that why usa wants on ıraq ,:ıt is cash ,petrol
usa and bush are menace

User avatar
essie
Gold Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:37 am
Location: Canada

Post by essie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:43 am

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote:all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
so that means all these unpopular actions, issues ...
are pieces of the big prophesy that is coming,
which is the end is near....
lol!!! I wish people would stop saying that. The bible can be translated to suite anyone’s agenda. So can every other religious text. The bible does not directly prophesize any recent events, but it rather vaguely describes things that can be manipulated. Some may see this as a "bold statement", but just rub your eyes a little; maybe you'll see a bit better. :P

Bush administration and half of the American population = accessory to murder..

renecohrt
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:44 pm
Contact:

Dangers.

Post by renecohrt » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:20 am

It makes me sad to experience nations exposed as dangers and so wrong, knowing that every living being is a potential threat to himself and mankind.

In less than 50 years mankind probably does not exist.

ProfessorVerb
Gold Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:41 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: U.S.

Post by ProfessorVerb » Thu May 12, 2005 5:53 am

zoonpolitikon wrote:That´s the point, Bush is the menace. However, Bush was reelected by the US people, that is, by the country.
What I am concerned about is what are the Americans thinking about Bush arrogant policy. Don´t they care about the harmful efeccts it can cause? Are they ignoring that is much better to be admired than to be fearsome?
You're right, Dixie, but for the people of a country which is being threatened there is no difference wether the menace comes from the president or from the country itself.
I'd like to know how concerned the americans are about the sense of anti-americanism. Recent researchs has shown that the number of foreing students in the US universities has decreased more than 30%, not only because of the increasingly restricive immigration laws, but also because a lot of those students would feel unsafe in the USA, not to mention a lot of others who are going to look for other countries, because of the mentioned unfriendly image the USA is gaining through this disastrous Bush era.
I just want to cry. My poor country ... I love this country -- just like all of you love Brazil, China or Vietnam or wherever. All of this criticism begs the question as to just how must responsibility an individual citizen has when it comes to what a government does. If 125,000,000 Americans vote against GWB and he still wins, does that implicate them in everything that happens thereafter? Of course not. We cannot stop paying taxes to protest what our government does, just as you cannot. We can, though, vigorously voice our discontent -- which we do -- through the voting polls, the media and forums such as this.

Let me just say this: No, we are not a nation of "Ugly Americans," although some of us are. We are also not a nation of hate-mongers, hillbillies, yokels, or racists, although some of us most certainly are. We are a country that has been described as a "melting pot," but I don't think this is accurate any longer; rather, we are a "tossed salad" comprised of ethnicities from all over the world that have stayed in the same bowl and have a common dressing, but that's about it.

I will be the first to admit that the United States deserves the criticisms being directed at it today; but consider, please, the fact that September 11 is still fresh in most Americans' minds, and Pearl Harbor is not that distant of a memory either. We were attacked, and despite the knee-jerk responses on the part of our government since then, what you would do in our place?

Thanks for listening.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 am

I love the US, I always have. I miss my days in NY and can't wait to go back. We, or at least I, were not talking about the US, but about its president.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:59 pm

Regardless of Mr. Bush's Policies the American people were in a time of fear when you think about it. Change is a hard thing to do when you are already living in fear (after 9/11). You can understand the American populuation being reluctant to remove him from office at a time when there is some national security issues.

He won't be the President forever; unfortunately he probably won't leave a great legacy for the American people themselves.

This is why there was such a huge campaign for people to VOTE! Unfortunately alot of people once again chose not to.

Maybe the problem with democracy is laziness! :cry:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:40 am

shazzam1452 wrote: Maybe the problem with democracy is laziness! :cry:
Nope, the problem with democracy is Florida didn't know how to count :lol: .

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:32 am

Why attack Bush as many of you have? Clinton bombed Serbia and no one cried!! This is purely political rhetoric.

Think about it. USA is the most benevolent super power in history.Rome, Greece, Babylon, Persia, Egypt??

Now, That said. Take a look at this! Perhaps there is more to politics than meets the eye.
http://911.freelancepartnership.com/

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:52 am

danyet wrote:Why attack Bush as many of you have? Clinton bombed Serbia and no one cried!! This is purely political rhetoric.

Think about it. USA is the most benevolent super power in history.Rome, Greece, Babylon, Persia, Egypt??

Now, That said. Take a look at this! Perhaps there is more to politics than meets the eye.
http://911.freelancepartnership.com/
I wouldn't say that everyone is attacking BUSH maybe challenging some of his decision making; but hey that happens to every powerful politician. No one will agree with every decision you make. The facts are as they are though that Mr. Bush went against the UN (which pretty much made them look useless) and attacked on grounds that have now been deemed unjustifiable; as there were no weapons of mass destruction. The UN had been saying this for quite sometime. I know that various Governments around the World followed America to War based on this assumption. My country included.

Why can't they just come out now and say; well we know now that we made a mistake there were no weapons but......these are the additional reasons for the action taken...

I suppose honesty is a policy you don't expect from world leaders!

:oops:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:03 am

shazzam1452 wrote: Why can't they just come out now and say; well we know now that we made a mistake there were no weapons but......these are the additional reasons for the action taken...
"Mission accomplished!" that's what he used to say. Now admitting that he wanted that war, so he could spend Americans' taxes on his family's weapon business would make him an idiot of the century and a big pile of s*** in the US history. It's too hard to admit he was wrong, shazzam. It's too hard... :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:05 am

danyet wrote:Why attack Bush as many of you have? Clinton bombed Serbia and no one cried!! This is purely political rhetoric.
Hey man, you back your hands off Clinton, okay. He's my grandma's idol. A Clinton's worst day is a baby-Bush's best day, I suppose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:44 am

LennyeTran wrote:
danyet wrote:Why attack Bush as many of you have? Clinton bombed Serbia and no one cried!! This is purely political rhetoric.
Hey man, you back your hands off Clinton, okay. He's my grandma's idol. A Clinton's worst day is a baby-Bush's best day, I suppose. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:53 am

shazzam1452 wrote:
danyet wrote:Why attack Bush as many of you have? Clinton bombed Serbia and no one cried!! This is purely political rhetoric.

Think about it. USA is the most benevolent super power in history.Rome, Greece, Babylon, Persia, Egypt??

Now, That said. Take a look at this! Perhaps there is more to politics than meets the eye.
http://911.freelancepartnership.com/
I wouldn't say that everyone is attacking BUSH maybe challenging some of his decision making; but hey that happens to every powerful politician. No one will agree with every decision you make. The facts are as they are though that Mr. Bush went against the UN (which pretty much made them look useless) and attacked on grounds that have now been deemed unjustifiable; as there were no weapons of mass destruction. The UN had been saying this for quite sometime. I know that various Governments around the World followed America to War based on this assumption. My country included.

Why can't they just come out now and say; well we know now that we made a mistake there were no weapons but......these are the additional reasons for the action taken...

I suppose honesty is a policy you don't expect from world leaders!

:oops:
I don't know about Bush. I believe in conspiracy. There are people above presidents. BUt one thing I like is the fact that a killer like Saddam is gone because of Bush or someone. Who really knows?

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:11 am

I don't know about Bush. I believe in conspiracy. There are people above presidents. BUt one thing I like is the fact that a killer like Saddam is gone because of Bush or someone. Who really knows?
I agree that it is a good thing that this criminal is being brought to justice. But maybe the price was a little too high. It is the deception that is the concern. But I do see your point Danyet!

sallak
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: libya
Contact:

Post by sallak » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:59 pm

the price was tooooo high for the iraqi people.
main reason not because saddam is a criminal, for sure it was because of the oil, first things american soldiers secured when they got there was oil wells, " and not the iraqi museum in which kies the iraqi history for ages".
what happened in abu ghraib and guantanamu bay says that us only follow un resolutins, geneva, and human rights when that pleases her and only against other countries. but when it comes to its own actions, wipe all of that.
same as happening in uk today

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:26 pm

sallak wrote:the price was tooooo high for the iraqi people.
So nice of you to speak for them all. Which Iraqi people are you speaking of? The ones who agree with terrorism or the ones who welcome democracy for their children's children? Not everybody in Iraq would agree with your agenda.

sallak
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: libya
Contact:

Post by sallak » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:45 pm

dear friend
it's not my agenda. it's the american agenda that we see in iraq.
difference between terrorist and us army is that us army is stronger and internationally oficial, other than that, they r the same. iraqi groups kill citizens" and we call them terrorists for that", and american do the same thing" but in this case, nothing is said to them or maximium we say ooops, it's a mistake, may be next time they'll kill less civillians"

both of them consider civillians as disposable casuality of war

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:20 am

sallak wrote:
both of them consider civillians as disposable casuality of war
No they don't.Terrorists target civillians purposely to cause terror. That is why they are called terrorists. Duh!

sallak
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: libya
Contact:

Post by sallak » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:50 am

yea, right
civillians killed by us army much more than those killed by iraqi groups, and the worse, us never admit they made a mistake.
that if we believe it is " which i don't, and msot people don't " .
best example the attempt to murder the italian jurnalist after she was freed by the iaqi groups, the funny thing she mentioned that iraqis have warned her that us army may try to kill her. and that was right.

us army treat iraqi worse tahn they treat animals. if us citizen was killed, it won't be forgotten that easy, but others as i said are desposable. what happened in abu ghraib proves that. or u might think it wasn't us soldiers who did that?
may be ghosts did it, oh, u mean terrorists, i agree with u then, terrorists did that " us terrorists"

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:46 pm

There is no evidence that Giuliana Sgrena was targeted for murder by anyone except maybe by her terrorist captors.
Given the tone of your post and the way you assume that the terrorists are telling the truth one can only assume that you are a terrorist or a sympathizer yourself. Say"Hi" to Kadaffi Duck for me.

sallak
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: libya
Contact:

Post by sallak » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:15 pm

danyet wrote:one can only assume that you are a terrorist or a sympathizer yourself. Say"Hi" to Kadaffi Duck for me.

well,all i got to say is " grow up"
the usual us action " if u don't agree with us then u r a terrorist"

wake up my friend, till now things are not well between italy and us, coz s have no "convincing reason for y its soldiers shoot on the italian journalist"

sure they have nothing to say
they won't admit that.
today american amy injured 26 iraqi civillians "by mistake", how this could be" u shoot all those ppl and say, oops, mistake"

usa better check its policy to other countries, coz that increase the hatery against it.
god bless iraqi ppl who fight for thier freedom from the us occupation. it's true,i sympathize with them

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:11 pm

sallak wrote: god bless iraqi ppl who fight for thier freedom from the us occupation. it's true,i sympathize with them
You're standing on thin ice here . I hope our troops find you soon.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:25 pm

sallak wrote:
danyet wrote:one can only assume that you are a terrorist or a sympathizer yourself. Say"Hi" to Kadaffi Duck for me.

well,all i got to say is " grow up"
the usual us action " if u don't agree with us then u r a terrorist"

wake up my friend, till now things are not well between italy and us, coz s have no "convincing reason for y its soldiers shoot on the italian journalist"

sure they have nothing to say
they won't admit that.
today american amy injured 26 iraqi civillians "by mistake", how this could be" u shoot all those ppl and say, oops, mistake"

usa better check its policy to other countries, coz that increase the hatery against it.
god bless iraqi ppl who fight for thier freedom from the us occupation. it's true,i sympathize with them
What Italian journalist? Are you sure that they intentionally assassinated this person. It just doesn't sound right to me. Are you sure this person wasn't caught up in a "friendly fire" situation.

I don't believe for one minute that US troops are acting like terrorists. I also disagree with the fact that fighting for any reason is good. There has always been friction and death in the Middle East. I wish the rest or the World would stay out of it too and let these guys do what you want to each other. If your idea of freedom is living in a dictatorship (Hussein and others) fine. Same thing applies in any other country where the main issues are land and religion! :twisted:

To me I was thinking that US was actually trying to obtain freedom for people there. Once they go you will have a democratically elected government. Isn't that what you want? :roll: :?

sallak
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: libya
Contact:

Post by sallak » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:07 am

dear friend
what kind of freedom u r talking about? freedom to humiliate civillians the way us military did in abughraib and others prisons?
freedom to bomb innocent civillians in thier homes and in hospitals?, that makes us worse than saddam. at least he knows and we know he's a dictator, and he's not talking about human rights and UN resolutions, and next thing he do, start a war with out approval of UN. that's what bush did.
i believe us govenment is a hypcrait

about the italian journalist, the were no cross fire. it was clear shot for italian convoy, and not a friendly fire.

that weak erxcuse for the war about weapon of mass destruction which appear to be a mere cheap lie .
if US is so interested in "human rights and freedom, and wmd free world" why not starting with its own waepons and nuclear bombs, every body still remember hiroshima and nagazaki.

why supplying israeli troops with those weapons as they use them to kill palestinian kids?
for god's sake they US supply "khmere rouge " in kambudia" , they killed more than 2 millions of theier own ppl thanks to US help, and that was admitted by US defense ministry to ABC news, so u can't deny it.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:17 am

sallak wrote:dear friend
what kind of freedom u r talking about? freedom to humiliate civillians the way us military did in abughraib and others prisons?
freedom to bomb innocent civillians in thier homes and in hospitals?, that makes us worse than saddam. at least he knows and we know he's a dictator, and he's not talking about human rights and UN resolutions, and next thing he do, start a war with out approval of UN. that's what bush did.
i believe us govenment is a hypcrait

about the italian journalist, the were no cross fire. it was clear shot for italian convoy, and not a friendly fire.

that weak erxcuse for the war about weapon of mass destruction which appear to be a mere cheap lie .
if US is so interested in "human rights and freedom, and wmd free world" why not starting with its own waepons and nuclear bombs, every body still remember hiroshima and nagazaki.

why supplying israeli troops with those weapons as they use them to kill palestinian kids?
for god's sake they US supply "khmere rouge " in kambudia" , they killed more than 2 millions of theier own ppl thanks to US help, and that was admitted by US defense ministry to ABC news, so u can't deny it.
Yeh right :roll: I think you need to move on. I'm going to. :roll:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:29 pm

sallak wrote:yea, right
civillians killed by us army much more than those killed by iraqi groups, and the worse, us never admit they made a mistake.
I do not wanna participate in this topic since Bush forced the US army into war, so he could make a democracy government in Iraq and then leave as a hero blah blah blah... :roll: anyway, where did you get that fact I quoted above? I'd like to read something like this with a fact, ya know.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:40 pm

sallak wrote: dear friend
what kind of freedom u r talking about? freedom to humiliate civillians the way us military did in abughraib and others prisons?
freedom to bomb innocent civillians in thier homes and in hospitals?, that makes us worse than saddam. at least he knows and we know he's a dictator, and he's not talking about human rights and UN resolutions, and next thing he do, start a war with out approval of UN. that's what bush did.
i believe us govenment is a hypcrait
Hey, I thought the UN was with him... :? What the....? What about England and other countries that were behind his a$$??? Just standing in the background for a group picture?
And you think it's okay that Iraqi people got killed or burried alive days after days under Saddam's government? Just because you know, he knows, we know, everyone knows makes it okay for someone to murder his own citizens? What have they ever done to him? Robbed him blind? Killed his mother? Or what?
sallak wrote: every body still remember hiroshima and nagazaki.
Yes, everyone does, but just think what if those bombs didn't drop, how many more would be killed by the Japanese? I believe if you did a calculation, you would know Japanese had killed way more people during WWI and II than those two bombs combined. So your point with the bombs is.....??? :?
sallak wrote:why supplying israeli troops with those weapons as they use them to kill palestinian kids?
:? Hah?

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:24 am

I dont like Bush , i dont like the USA president who cant stop the war.
Why is Bush still a president, and continue war with Iraq, menace Middle East where has much oil in the world?
My country has only been in peace for 30 years, and i know the hurt war left for us.
And i was also learned history bout 2 bombs in Nagasaki, Hiroshima.
Those the truth we can see.
But there're something we can see, that's hurt USA left for Vietnam .
Have u ever seen children who have to burden the hurt war?
They are not normal as us.
They are as young as me( the gaps after the war ) .
But they seems not the human ,they look so strange, freak cos the poison USA left in Vietnam which we call CHAT DOC MAU DA CAM
It destroyed million ha of forest, and ppl........
Who can understand that hurt?
And now war is still , and Bush is still...........

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:28 am

Plzzzzzzzzzzz, tell me bout ur opinion.
Can u share with us , with poor Vietnamese are hurting????????????

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:03 am

quicksilver7486 wrote:Plzzzzzzzzzzz, tell me bout ur opinion.
Can u share with us , with poor Vietnamese are hurting????????????
It doesn't matter who starts wars, or who finishes it. War is not a good thing; everyone gets hurt.

The problem is that decisions like this are taken by politicians; the majority of people in every country don't agree; but the politicians do it anyway.

One day there will be peace on earth, i really believe this! I do believe that there is alot of good in people.

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:50 am

quicksilver7486 wrote:I dont like Bush , i dont like the USA president who cant stop the war.
Why is Bush still a president, and continue war with Iraq, menace Middle East where has much oil in the world?
My country has only been in peace for 30 years, and i know the hurt war left for us.
And i was also learned history bout 2 bombs in Nagasaki, Hiroshima.
Those the truth we can see.
But there're something we can see, that's hurt USA left for Vietnam .
Have u ever seen children who have to burden the hurt war?
They are not normal as us.
They are as young as me( the gaps after the war ) .
But they seems not the human ,they look so strange, freak cos the poison USA left in Vietnam which we call CHAT DOC MAU DA CAM
It destroyed million ha of forest, and ppl........
Who can understand that hurt?
And now war is still , and Bush is still...........
Where do you get your information from? You live in a tightly controlled country. How do you know what you are told on your news is true or what you are taught at school is true?
You have no reason to dislike USA. American soldiers risked their lives to help your people. 58,000 were killed and many thousands more were maimed. And also thousands of soldiers from the other Western nations under the UN, who fought for South Vietnam democracy were killed and injured. Perhaps you are unaware of this because of your form of government.

This is an example.
PLEIKU - For a second day Friday, Vietnamese officials prevented foreign journalists from meeting with members of ethnic minority groups in the Central Highland region who participated in several days of rare violent protests last month. The government's strong reaction to the protests, which have been condemned almost daily in the official press, illustrates the sharp limits on dissent in Vietnam's tightly controlled society. Protests, especially ones challenging government authority, are highly unusual.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/patrick.guenin/ ... ccessh.htm

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:18 am

"Where do you get your information from? You live in a tightly controlled country. How do you know what you are told on your news is true or what you are taught at school is true? "
Truth is all the things i see everyday.
Truth is that Dyoxin poison .

"You have no reason to dislike USA. American soldiers risked their lives to help your people."
Who told u that i dont like USA, and American?
Read again all the things i typed, i only mention Bush and President who...........Read again
"And also thousands of soldiers from the other Western nations under the UN, who fought for South Vietnam democracy were killed and injured"
So as you , if USA soldiers fought Vietnamese my ppl shouldnt have done anything?
We have to sacrifice to protect our country .
And USA, what did they want to protect?
Now time passes by and i know .
The mistake as i told, doesnt belong to any soldiers, cos they only did as the goverment led.
That 's all.

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:01 am

shazzam1452 wrote:
quicksilver7486 wrote:Plzzzzzzzzzzz, tell me bout ur opinion.
Can u share with us , with poor Vietnamese are hurting????????????
It doesn't matter who starts wars, or who finishes it. War is not a good thing; everyone gets hurt.

The problem is that decisions like this are taken by politicians; the majority of people in every country don't agree; but the politicians do it anyway.

One day there will be peace on earth, i really believe this! I do believe that there is alot of good in people.
Yeah , i hope so , i hope there's no war .
Everybody will live in peace.
Thanks for ur opinion.
Forever roses in Vietnam and the world..........

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:18 pm

quicksilver7486 wrote: So as you , if USA soldiers fought Vietnamese my ppl shouldnt have done anything?
USA soldiers fought alongside the Vietnamese people as friends. They were not enemies. They were asked for help by the Vietnamese to help them fight against northern communist invaders.

You say that you do not like Bush because of USA in Vietnam. You don't make any sense! You still did not say how you get reliable news and infomation. Your news and media are controlled by your government.

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:55 am

:lol:
Ha ha ha ha ha
I am not controlled by any one ,any thing
I am who i am , i say what i want and what i think .
Vietnamese are very friendly, we dont want to have enemies.
And the curreent news i wanna discuss bout is Bush and the USA presidents who controll the war .
Have to tell u again , not USA soldiers.
And now u see war is still happening in Iraq, by USA.
And the last , i am not controlled by any goverment :lol:

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:38 am

You say Vietnamese are friendly and have had peace for 30 years. These are lies. There have been sightings of American and Australian soldiers still being held in Vietnam as prisoners of war. This means you are still at war for these prisoners. Why have these men been kept as prisoners and slaves? This tells us that your government has serious problems. I have already posted a link to a news article that shows that your press and media are not free but controlled by your government , to which you did not respond.

You should clean up your own government's problems BEFORE you talk about Bush.
http://www.powfoia.org/timesad.pdf
http://www.paperlessarchives.com/vw_dod_pow_mia.html

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:45 am

:lol:
"There have been sightings of American and Australian soldiers still being held in Vietnam as prisoners of war. This means you are still at war for these prisoners"
Ha , who prisioners?
We keep ur ppl?
:lol:
So funny , it's a fiction
Hey , if we keep ur ppl , Bush wont let us still.
Maybe there will be war in Vietnam again ...... :lol:
Any way , i dont want have an agurment with u .
U know nothing bout the truth bout the action of UAS in Vietnam

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:55 am

quicksilver7486 wrote::lol:
"There have been sightings of American and Australian soldiers still being held in Vietnam as prisoners of war. This means you are still at war for these prisoners"
Ha , who prisioners?
We keep ur ppl?
:lol:
So funny , it's a fiction
Hey , if we keep ur ppl , Bush wont let us still.
Maybe there will be war in Vietnam again ...... :lol:
Any way , i dont want have an agurment with u .
U know nothing bout the truth bout the action of UAS in Vietnam
What is so funny? :shock: :? I don't understand "there have been sightings of American and Australian soldiers still being held in vietnam" and you add :lol: do you find that amusing somehow? :roll:

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:08 am

i find it funny is when i heard that there're soldiers in Vietnam :lol:
Where?
So funny, as i told u , if it was truth Bush wouldnt let us still.
And the info "USA soldiers in Vietnam ".........is a fiction.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:20 pm

quicksilver7486 wrote:i find it funny is when i heard that there're soldiers in Vietnam :lol:
Where?
So funny, as i told u , if it was truth Bush wouldnt let us still.
And the info "USA soldiers in Vietnam ".........is a fiction.
I understand your opinion but i think your reaction is really inappropriate. None of this is a laughing matter. I'm glad that you are a happy person, but you need to keep some perspective in such a serious forum, as it could be taken the wrong way. :idea:

The other thing is that I'm not in favour of the war in Iraq by any means; but i'm sick and tired of the US being blamed for every single problem that has happened in the World. :roll:

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Post by quicksilver » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:58 pm

ha, USA is being blamed?
:lol:
i dont metion USA ppl, cos they dont do anything harmful
USA is always the country fights other countries, that's not true?
Have u ever heard that other countries fight USA?
About Iraq , now, Iraq or USA started?
About DONG DUONG ( Vietnam , Lao , Cambodia).......and Japan, Korea....Plz think

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:35 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
quicksilver7486 wrote:i find it funny is when i heard that there're soldiers in Vietnam :lol:
Where?
So funny, as i told u , if it was truth Bush wouldnt let us still.
And the info "USA soldiers in Vietnam ".........is a fiction.
I understand your opinion but i think your reaction is really inappropriate. None of this is a laughing matter. I'm glad that you are a happy person, but you need to keep some perspective in such a serious forum, as it could be taken the wrong way. :idea:

The other thing is that I'm not in favour of the war in Iraq by any means; but i'm sick and tired of the US being blamed for every single problem that has happened in the World. :roll:

I don’t suppose to be here, but thanks to make me fell better.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:15 pm

vince90 wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:
quicksilver7486 wrote:i find it funny is when i heard that there're soldiers in Vietnam :lol:
Where?
So funny, as i told u , if it was truth Bush wouldnt let us still.
And the info "USA soldiers in Vietnam ".........is a fiction.
I understand your opinion but i think your reaction is really inappropriate. None of this is a laughing matter. I'm glad that you are a happy person, but you need to keep some perspective in such a serious forum, as it could be taken the wrong way. :idea:

The other thing is that I'm not in favour of the war in Iraq by any means; but i'm sick and tired of the US being blamed for every single problem that has happened in the World. :roll:

I don’t suppose to be here, but thanks to make me fell better.
Sorry but I don't understand you post. Can you please try and explain it to me. :?

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:40 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
vince90 wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: I understand your opinion but i think your reaction is really inappropriate. None of this is a laughing matter. I'm glad that you are a happy person, but you need to keep some perspective in such a serious forum, as it could be taken the wrong way. :idea:

The other thing is that I'm not in favour of the war in Iraq by any means; but i'm sick and tired of the US being blamed for every single problem that has happened in the World. :roll:

I don’t suppose to be here, but thanks to make me fell better.
Sorry but I don't understand you post. Can you please try and explain it to me. :?
I mean it bothers me when people blame on US for every problem around the world. I know it is not true but I rather keep my mouth shut. You the one who said “ I’m sick and tired of the US being blamed for every single problem that has happened in the World”. It makes me feel better and I thanks for that.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:53 pm

danyet wrote: USA soldiers fought alongside the Vietnamese people as friends. They were not enemies. They were asked for help by the Vietnamese to help them fight against northern communist invaders.
This information is authorized by the government. People who are born after 1975 are not supposed to know that. Don't tell them or you'll get your a$$ on their list, and you'll get into trouble if you happen to visit Vietnam (well, if you will in the future).

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:54 pm

vince90 wrote: I mean it bothers me when people blame on US for every problem around the world. I know it is not true but I rather keep my mouth shut. You the one who said “ I’m sick and tired of the US being blamed for every single problem that has happened in the World”. It makes me feel better and I thanks for that.
Exactly, Vince.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:02 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote: I mean it bothers me when people blame on US for every problem around the world. I know it is not true but I rather keep my mouth shut. You the one who said “ I’m sick and tired of the US being blamed for every single problem that has happened in the World”. It makes me feel better and I thanks for that.
Exactly, Vince.
Sorry Vince I didn't understand it; but now I do thankyou. :D

Post Reply