from friend to love!!

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

phucauto3
Gold Member

from friend to love!!

Postby phucauto3 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:03 am

Do you think that It's very difficlut to transform a close friendship into love. And vice verse, It's difficult too to translate a love in to friendship!!

leen@rasel
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:53 pm

actually i didn't experience such situations but i believe that changing a friendship to love or vice versa are both difficult ,well sometimes when things don'n work uot between agirl and a boy and they break up in a very respectful and peaceful way they become friends naturally since they know each other and respect each other but making relationship to love i think from the beginning they were in love with each other but the feelings were misunderstood...and i think this case maybe rare :roll:

pob
Silver Member

Re: from friend to love!!

Postby pob » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:26 pm

phucauto3 wrote:Do you think that It's very difficlut to transform a close friendship into love. And vice verse, It's difficult too to translate a love in to friendship!!

For me friendship and love is the same.... 8)

So I talk only about love... and for me love is thinking about the other person in a way that you try to achieve things that will only be good for that person... and that means not working to achieve your wishes, it means working to achieve what is good for the person you love... and not what is good for your ego...

Do you mean love a relationship with sex ? :P
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)

Ika
Silver Member

Postby Ika » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:39 pm

Friendship can grow into love, but it hardly ever happens the other way. "Want to lose a friend? Fall in love with him. " Sad, but true.

But! There are always exceptions. Luckily. But exceptions don't happen often.
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."

serenella
Gold Member

Postby serenella » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:38 pm

I think friendship is the basis of love, I mean the person I love has to be my best friend too.
On the contrary, moving from love to friendship is very very hard.

pob
Silver Member

Postby pob » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:12 pm

Ika wrote:1-Friendship can grow into love, but it hardly ever happens the other way.

2-"Want to lose a friend? Fall in love with him. " Sad, but true.

3-But! There are always exceptions. Luckily. But exceptions don't happen often.

1- I don't know why do you see diferent... do you mean a realationship with sex when you write "love" ?

2- It's not the same loving someone than being in love... Being in love is a sickness, you don't see reality, you only see what do you wish to happen, you see the other person as you wish he/she to be... That's not love!!! it includes the word love, but it's a really different thing.

3- He, he... just the definition of the word :wink:
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)

phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby phucauto3 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:45 pm

friendship can determine easily But love..
many times, you want have sex relation with a person,even the stranger. It isn't love..
when I was at high school, in my class, there were some couple,
but when they split up, they haven't been friend now... :cry: :oops:

quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby quicksilver » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:53 am

serenella wrote:I think friendship is the basis of love, I mean the person I love has to be my best friend too.
On the contrary, moving from love to friendship is very very hard.

I totaly agree with u .
This is extremely confusing situation.
I think ur close friend can be ur lover , but ur lover may not ur close friend.

phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby phucauto3 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:34 pm

I agree with you quicksilver, but If I were them, I would try to keep friendship as well as possible.. :lol: :P

kira

Postby kira » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:03 am

pob wrote:
phucauto3 wrote:Do you think that It's very difficlut to transform a close friendship into love. And vice verse, It's difficult too to translate a love in to friendship!!

For me friendship and love is the same.... 8)

So I talk only about love... and for me love is thinking about the other person in a way that you try to achieve things that will only be good for that person... and that means not working to achieve your wishes, it means working to achieve what is good for the person you love... and not what is good for your ego...

Do you mean love a relationship with sex ? :P

I think that love is to love each other.
I think that friendship is to trust each other.
You should not have a relation with sex without love.
I think that friendship has no sex.
so,I think that friendship and love is not the same. :!:

quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby quicksilver » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:00 am

Ya , they r quite different from each other .
Friendship is a basic of love.
U can live without love , but u cant live without friends

trinity19
Silver Member

Postby trinity19 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:18 pm

kira wrote:I think that love is to love each other.
I think that friendship is to trust each other.
You should not have a relation with sex without love.
I think that friendship has no sex.
so,I think that friendship and love is not the same. :!:

so you don't love your friends?
i think it's not that easy, the limits are confused...

kira

Postby kira » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:23 am

trinity19 wrote:so you don't love your friends?
i think it's not that easy, the limits are confused...

yes,you are right. :!:
Of corse. I love friends.
But. I still think that friendship and love is not the same.

phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby phucauto3 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:03 pm

being confused between love and friendships is the worst thing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cloudbed

Postby cloudbed » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:46 pm

quicksilver wrote:Ya , they r quite different from each other .
Friendship is a basic of love.
U can live without love , but u cant live without friends

i totally agree.
i wish i sleep on my bed,i wish i lay on the cloudbed,i wish i have nothing to think about,i wish...

hatsumi

Postby hatsumi » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:23 am

I experienced this case. I loved my close friend, but when we parted, we couldn't be the friends as before. It's difficult to talk naturally and I feel there is a hole between us. I feel a little sad whenever our friends remind last memories.

However, I realized that if you loved your close friend, you would have a partner who understands you and in front of him/her, you can show yourself free. And you can feel your affection is tighter than you are friends.

takeshi
Silver Member

Postby takeshi » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:40 am

[quote="Ika"]Friendship can grow into love, but it hardly ever happens the other way. "Want to lose a friend? Fall in love with him. " Sad, but true. [quote]

agree agree agreeee!!if they split up quietly and rationally,maybe they will be friends.

harvester
Gold Member

Postby harvester » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:54 pm

I think transforming a close friendship into love can happen more than from love into friendship. When they are close friends, they would be understand each other thoroughly and they are sympathise with their manner deeply. So they can lead to love quickly, easily. On the other hand, after falling in love with each other but it doesn't has a good ending. It can cause the bad feeling inside them. Hardly can they meet and talking together :!:

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:38 pm

I think the love that was born out of friendship is stronger and more probable to survive longer but then again what would happen when the love ends and once friends would start to hate each other and the whole beautiful friendship would be ruined... so in my opinon let friends be just friends and lovers be lovers..

hoangthanh

Postby hoangthanh » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:23 am

I really share the same idea like Illusion, Let friendships be itself, and the same to love. I've seen so many good friendships turn out to be love, I must say that sweet love, then like Illusion said, once ended, the relationship seems to be a diaster. There are barely guys sensitive enough and mentally healthy enough to get by the situation. Ok, take me for an instance. I had had a good friend, we often talked and for sure I say we understood each other like the way we understand ourselves. Gradually, something hard-to-understand growing up in our minds. I even could not do anything if I would not meet her everyday... then, both of us admited to each other that we loved each other... then you guys know ? So many understand-each-other-well did a bad job. I just did not know why the breakup became of our relationship., no many quarrels, things just happened softly and now... you know ? nothing left to be "cured"...

However, personally, I somewhat agree with the idea that Friendship may be a firm base on which we set a "great" love. You know, To be loved and to love each other, to be lovers to each other, the first factor to be counted is mutual understanding. To be a good friends mean that you may understand each other, know pros and cons of each other..

Anyway, Love is such a restive "form".. I myself really appreciate love grows in a natural way.. gradually yet firmly...

moneymind

Postby moneymind » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:07 pm

If you range the relationship then: "you just know"--> "friend"--> "closed friend"-->"lover". So love is ultimate relationship between two people (of course in different sex - we are not talking about other kind of love :) ). That the reason you can "upgrade" your relationship from "closed friend" to "love", but difficult to do vice-verse. Nobody want to "downgrade" their relationship.

Return to “Ideas and Opinions”