excersise ..is it useful or no

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

excersise ..is it useful or no

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hello every one

many people say that excersise is good for health and it is an effective way to lose weight..once if u started excersising u will lose extra weight but if u stopped then u will gain again..so is it true or not ?!!
Mandy2

Post by Mandy2 »

I believe that exercise is important, when you try to lose weight. Diet alone isn't the answer. Exercise helps to burn calories and it raises your metabolism so you continue to burn more calories even after you stop exercising.
And you should change your eating habits in general. A change only during the time of the diet is often not enough because of the so called "jo-jo" effect. If one returns to one's old nutritional habits after a diet, the old pounds also return quite qickly, often a little more (jo-jo effect).
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

Exercising is necessary as well as important to everyone.But the recent study or the fact and news we've heard shows that too violent exercise may cause you some diseases,for instance,you may know that Veven 'Fu was suddenly shocked down in a football match without no portents and the result of that is heart attacks maybe caused by fiece running constantly.
So the scientists suggest that we should keep-in-oxygen exercises every day if possible.

Re: excersise ..is it useful or no

Post by Guest »

Ms.A.Z wrote:hello every one

many people say that excersise is good for health and it is an effective way to lose weight..once if u started excersising u will lose extra weight but if u stopped then u will gain again..so is it true or not ?!!
Well, let's see, if you only take in the food and it changes to calories, you'll burn those calories during sleeping and doing nothing. However, those burnt calories are not as much as take-in calories; therefore, you'll have extra calories in your body. Days after days of not doing exercise, those calories will only not just being there, they'll be adding up. As we know, 3500 calories equals one pound gain in weight. Thus, you won't gain weight if those calories are burnt instead of adding up. Exercise is the answer for losing weight. When you exercise, you'll burn calories; therefore, you'll look thinner, healthier, and in shape more. For some cases, you don't lose weight, but you'll gain weight. This doesn't mean it's a bad thing because the weight you've gained is muscle weight. That's why you'll look thinner and weight heavier.
KRYSTIAN

Post by KRYSTIAN »

Exercise is good for your body, but did you know that exercise is also good for your mind?

Research has shown that regular exercise delivers a mental and emotional boost. It improves your mood, bolsters your self-esteem and gives you the confidence to handle whatever comes your way. Some studies hint that it also enhances the functioning of your brain.
KRYSTIAN

Post by KRYSTIAN »

Exercise is good for your body, but did you know that exercise is also good for your mind?

Research has shown that regular exercise delivers a mental and emotional boost. It improves your mood, bolsters your self-esteem and gives you the confidence to handle whatever comes your way. Some studies hint that it also enhances the functioning of your brain.
Viktor_UA

Post by Viktor_UA »

Life:) is movement. Do exercises and you'll become healthy.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I have just recently started a healthy weight lose program. The most important part of the program is regular exercise. I had forgotten the benefits of exercise. I have noticed since I have started that I feel so much happier. It is great for stress relief. I have also noticed how much more energy I have.

I believe there are so many reasons for exercising regularly. Not just for weight loss but for a feeling of well being.

I have also noticed that you start to challenge yourself to go further each time. :D
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Yes, with repeating an action, you become used with it.

But change sometimes your action, do some variants, and even, some new actions.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

yeah exercises are good for your health and fitness. unfortunately i'm too lazy to do any of them. I don't even take part in my PE classes. lol ;p
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Stop lazyness.

Start action !

Find your real goals !

Shokin
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

yeah easier sad than done... esp when it's holidays time... and normal sane thinks about working hard.. while the others are having fun
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

well, when do you begin again ?

what are holidays ? if you can, search for job for next summer.

Passive, you imagine many false things.
Active, you discover the reality.

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:Yes, with repeating an action, you become used with it.

But change sometimes your action, do some variants, and even, some new actions.

Shokin
I agree totally. I try to do different walking routes twice a week, bike ride once a week do an exercise tape now and then. You definately need to mix it up or you get bored with it. Also it should be enjoyable if you are doing something different everyday it is. 8)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

what exercises do you find best?
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

The diversity of exercises.

velo
running (with nothing on your back)
walking (instead of using car ; with or without your backbag)
playing actively football
playing actively volleyball
playing actively rink-hockey (not sure about orthograph)
swimming (even if I don't practice it much)
using stairs instead of lift
having breaks during long siting (for studying for example) and moving, walking, drinking water.

Shokin
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

oh so in fact I am doing something! I run a lot and walk always on foot everywhere. I also play some games like badminton and of course ride a bike! I found that quite enjoyable! :-)
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

It is very very very very very very very verty very very very very very very very verty very very very very very very very verty very very very very very very very verty very very very very very very very verty very very very very very very very verty...

much better than people who don't move any day.

Shokin
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

heheheheh you're great. thanks :-)
hedwig14

Post by hedwig14 »

ofcourse it is......
its better than those artificial operations and those pills... i cant stand it... exercise.. that's the word
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, i think exercises is very important to you health, and as some of the people already said it's good to the physical and metal side, i was very lean but since i enter to a gym i start to wining some weight and shape and this make me feel much better in all the situation in my life, and making some exercise you will sleep better and this gona make you feel more fresh in the morning to face the day.

Cheers

Rui Pedro

P.S.- and of course isn't everything effort's to losing or wining weight, you have also a good view to the girls 8) joking :lol:
Last edited by Rui on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixie

Post by Pixie »

They sure are. For instance, if you had a look on me, you would see that i keep eating anything that i get on my hands. and if you want to get fit while eating, then you gotta do sports.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I'm only just starting to re-discover the benefits of regularly exercise. I have lost 9kgs in 8 weeks and I feel great!!

It isn't only about the weight lose; I just feel better in myself. It definately does benefit both your mind and body. :D