How can I make healthy lunch in 15 minutes?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

How can I make healthy lunch in 15 minutes?

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

My work takes a lot of my time. So, I really don't have that much time even in my lunch breaks. I wake up very early in the morning and I don't have that much time to cook something to take with me to work…………..

I need your help here……………. I am not a big fan of burgers and soda. I'm living on biscuits and milk these days…..

Does anyone know any recipe for healthy dishes that don't take much time to prepare???......... I will be very grateful…………
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

My favorite are salads...
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

I often solve this problem by preparing sandwiches at home with different fillings and different kinds of bread and I take with me some fruit or fruit juices too.
In this way I can eat healthier food than in fastfoods, snack-bars, etc. and it's a quick lunch (I only have 30 a minutes' pause).
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: How can I make healthy lunch in 15 minutes?

Post by Shazzam »

Miss. Ladybird wrote:My work takes a lot of my time. So, I really don't have that much time even in my lunch breaks. I wake up very early in the morning and I don't have that much time to cook something to take with me to work…………..

I need your help here……………. I am not a big fan of burgers and soda. I'm living on biscuits and milk these days…..

Does anyone know any recipe for healthy dishes that don't take much time to prepare???......... I will be very grateful…………
Before I answer this question for you I need to know if you need to pack a lunch to go or do you mean to make something at home (do you have lunch at home)?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

15 minutes to cook the rice with rice cooker. Put only one cup of rice, and it'll be enough for you since you're a petite person. You sound petite. Don't ask what made me said that since I just feel it like that. Anyway, while you're cooking the rice, put all the vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions or white onions, broccoli, bok choy, etc. to cook them together with soy sauce. You can add some shrimps, beef, fish if you like. You can also do omelette to eat with rice.
Ok, that's it for now. Gotta split.
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

Miss Lady Bird I hope you're fine.
Time in this case is really important.
I guess a salad mixed with boiled prawns or even tuna or Checken can help you, you can mix some boiled rice with it if you wish.
If you want to try Leyne-Trane receipi you've got to cut those vegetables and keep small portion of them in frig to save your time.
On the morning time you can only boil Rice with all vegetables.
Because Cutting those vegetables takes time unless you are an expert :wink:

I teach my wife to do this sometime because I learnt it from my mother :)

Different sandwitches will help you as serenella said
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

a cup of milk with some dates !!!!! :D

you know,,,, make nodels.. i think many people do that ..

about me i wakeup at between 7and 7.10 am my lectures are alwayes at 8 am..

so i just drink water and go ,,,,, the truficjam here is very boring,,,,,

after my first class finish then i go to akantee and have something to eat !!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

chemist wrote:Miss Lady Bird I hope you're fine.
I guess a salad mixed with boiled prawns or even tuna or Checken can help you, you can mix some boiled rice with it if you wish.
If you want to try Leyne-Trane receipi you've got to cut those vegetables and keep small portion of them in frig to save your time.
Because Cutting those vegetables takes time unless you are an expert
:wink:

I teach my wife to do this sometime because I learnt it from my mother :)

Different sandwitches will help you as serenella said
Usually I cut my vegetables in cubes or big stripes, so it doesn't take me much time. I do it while the rice is cooking. And I cut my shrimps in halves, beelf in cubes, and I have scallops and crabs that are already cut. :wink: See, it takes about 15 minutes for everything.
You can do it by cutting all the vegetables in cubes or big stripes and eat them with soba noodles and dressing. Gosh, that thing is so yummy... *drooling*. It takes me about 10 minutes to make, by the way.
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

Leeyne-Tran you seem to be a good cooker :wink:
Why don't you send us some of your delicious dishes I love sea food.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

chemist wrote:Leeyne-Tran you seem to be a good cooker :wink:
Why don't you send us some of your delicious dishes I love sea food.
:oops: I hardly cook since my mom is already a good cook. I only cook when I don't feel like eating whatever she's cooking, which hardly happens. And sometimes, I make lunch for school, but most of the time I eat at restaurants near my school.
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

hey Lenny tran

what is your name ...or give us an easy name that we call call you .. this is very long,, i can say it even momerise the spillind ,, i have to copy past it
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

mr_Love wrote:hey Lenny tran

what is your name ...or give us an easy name that we call call you .. this is very long,, i can say it even momerise the spillind ,, i have to copy past it
Lennye is first name, Tran is last name. You can call me Len (Yeah, my mom wanted a boy) as like everyone who knows me.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Wow…………………… I've never thought that some one would ever post something here……………….I am really grateful guys :D …..
Dixie wrote: My favorite are salads...
Easy and tasty…………… but do you have some salad dressing recipes… :roll:
serenella wrote:I often solve this problem by preparing sandwiches at home with different fillings and different kinds of bread and I take with me some fruit or fruit juices too.
Perfect :D …………..can you please give me some ideas of the filling you use :idea: …………..
shazzam1452 wrote:Before I answer this question for you I need to know if you need to pack a lunch to go or do you mean to make something at home (do you have lunch at home)?
Yes dear, I need to pack lunch. My problem is that I leave very early at 7:00 a.m. every morning and I need to pack a "quick" lunch with me.
Put only one cup of rice, and it'll be enough for you since you're a petite person. You sound petite. Don't ask what made me said that since I just feel it like that.
I should call you Sherlock Holmes from now on :lol: :lol: …………You are 100% right. I'm a very petite person :) .
Thanks for the recipe. It's great and easy :wink: .
chemist wrote:Miss Lady Bird I hope you're fine.
Because Cutting those vegetables takes time unless you are an expert
You read my thoughts bro…… the fridge idea is great :wink: ……….Thanks
mr_Love wrote:a cup of milk with some dates !!!!!

you know,,,, make nodels.. i think many people do that ..
Thanks my little prince :D ………..the problem is that it's hard to get dates where I live…

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Miss. Ladybird wrote:
I should call you Sherlock Holmes from now on :lol: :lol: …………You are 100% right. I'm a very petite person :) .
:wink: Heh heh heh, I can't get all the logics together like Sherlock Holmes; I was using my psychics... Wait, wait, wait, I'm sensing something. Hmmm.. I see a petite girl around 5 feet with thick, black hair, big round dark brown eyes, olive skin, and, oooohh, you have a cute smile, dear :wink: . And oh wow, your eyebrows are thick; I love them. I don't have thick eyebrows. Heh heh heh heh, which part am I wrong? :oops:
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

LennyeTran wrote:
Miss. Ladybird wrote:
:wink: Heh heh heh, I can't get all the logics together like Sherlock Holmes; I was using my psychics... Wait, wait, wait, I'm sensing something. Hmmm.. I see a petite girl around 5 feet with thick, black hair, big round dark brown eyes, olive skin, and, oooohh, you have a cute smile, dear :wink: . And oh wow, your eyebrows are thick; I love them. I don't have thick eyebrows. Heh heh heh heh, which part am I wrong? :oops:
Definitely the eyebrows :lol: :lol: :lol: …Besides, I'm a little "bit" higher than 5 feet.. :lol:
But your psychics are 100% right about my smile. :lol:
louvicine

Post by louvicine »

Dear Lady Bird,
Here too much friends give you and advice, but I have to say something important:
You refer to the breakfast, some people says that is the mos important meal of the day and think that it would be the bigger,
I think breakfast is important, but you don´t need too much foo, and if you are a little woman you can´t eat a lot, then you have to get a good nutrition with less food.
Then I suggest vegetable juice, but not from the supermarket, try to prepare your own juice. then I suggest:

-A cup of tea= two minuts in the microwave (you must to drink while you bush your hair,
-a glass of vegetable juice (7 vegetables: carrots, squash, celery, tomato, spinachs, a little of orange juice, and anothers)= three minutes and drink in 4 minutes
YOU MUST NOT TO PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE, THE HUICE MUST TO BE FRESH.
-a bar of branflakes, or similar= two minutes
Now you have a first meal at home and put in a bag an apple and a pot with lettuce, tomato, and in your country you have some grains, use some in the salad. The dressing: the most natural, the better. then use only lemon juice.

My meal is a cup of tea and a slim fast malted milk. 5 minutes.
mu luch, vegetables and an apple.
my dinner another slim fast, and until the day 2 lts of watter.
Louvicine D´amour
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

louvicine wrote:Dear Lady Bird,
Here too much friends give you and advice, but I have to say something important:
You refer to the breakfast, some people says that is the mos important meal of the day and think that it would be the bigger,
I think breakfast is important, but you don´t need too much foo, and if you are a little woman you can´t eat a lot, then you have to get a good nutrition with less food.
Then I suggest vegetable juice, but not from the supermarket, try to prepare your own juice. then I suggest:

-A cup of tea= two minuts in the microwave (you must to drink while you bush your hair,
-a glass of vegetable juice (7 vegetables: carrots, squash, celery, tomato, spinachs, a little of orange juice, and anothers)= three minutes and drink in 4 minutes
YOU MUST NOT TO PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE, THE HUICE MUST TO BE FRESH.
Is it Delicious? :?
louvicine wrote:-a bar of branflakes, or similar= two minutes
Now you have a first meal at home and put in a bag an apple and a pot with lettuce, tomato, and in your country you have some grains, use some in the salad. The dressing: the most natural, the better. then use only lemon juice.

My meal is a cup of tea and a slim fast malted milk. 5 minutes.
mu luch, vegetables and an apple.
my dinner another slim fast, and until the day 2 lts of watter.
WoW....................It will really help me ALOT...........Thanks dear. :D