when will this terrorist attack stop?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

hedwig14

when will this terrorist attack stop?

Post by hedwig14 »

Has it been a habit?
everyday, we see in our Television terrorist attacks... bomb here and bomb there...
the question is when will these stop? what do these people want?
there are many innocent lives taken, and many people are affected with these incidents...
i dont want to say these yet it's proper..these terrorists don't have a soul... should they think first of their own family so that they would feel how to lost one... or they don't have a heart at all...
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

sadly none of us can find an answer to your question... they will always be some group of people who in the name of their faith will kill the innocent ones... that's not being religious, that's sick cruelty... :cry:
Kisseugene

Post by Kisseugene »

Buddy,I Know your feeling,but what we can do is just to Pray for the Vicitims and to wish the world no wars,peace long live!
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

well.. that's the painful truth :(
, and i'm much saddened by the fact that the bombings never cease :( .. so many innocent lives taken, so much blood shed, so much tears and pain..

kisseugene was right.. we have to pray- harder and more sincere :)
Sigma
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Sigma »

Good topic, hedwig14,you start one what I want to start! I cant understand why there are so many bombing attacks,maybe they are religious conflicts,or political problems,or other unsolve branching, but why they take these contemptible way to show their position, and the most suffering is the government but the innocent people.

I just take the Iraq for example, after the American invaded it, the country has never stoped the bombing attacks, of course, they killed many American soliders who are their so-called nation's enemies, but the Iraqi dead are far more than American. Their homeland is invaded, they should be united together to oust the enemies out their land. Even every party wants to get the power to control the country, but they should get together to have a negotiation to share the regime.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Sigma wrote: Their homeland is invaded, they should be united together to oust the enemies out their land. Even every party wants to get the power to control the country, but they should get together to have a negotiation to share the regime.
They are uniting together and trying to share power. What do you think this is all about? Terrorist don't want the uniting of the leaders of Iraq they want an Islamic State based on Sharia law. MOst of the terrorists are not even Iraqi people, they are militant muslim Arabs from other countries. The terrorists who from Iraq are from Saddam's old Republican Guard. Those are the facts.
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: when will this terrorist attack stop?

Post by pob »

hedwig14 wrote:1. Has it been a habit?
everyday, we see in our Television terrorist attacks... bomb here and bomb there...

2.the question is when will these stop? what do these people want?

3.there are many innocent lives taken, and many people are affected with these incidents...

4. should they think first of their own family so that they would feel how to lost one...
1. Yes, it's a habit that nowadays televisions show us that kind of things... but didn't they happen time ago as well?

2. Why should it stop? The mistake is thinking that life goes to a point where all live in peace... I would also like that, but that's not reality.
Those religions or "philosophies"... that make us believe in ideas like peace, don't prevent us to the fact that there is a lot of "bad" people in the world, there is a lot of people who suffers because rich countries f*ck them, and because infinte reasons.
And so you doubt and ask yourself and ask others to share your feelings and incomprehension.

The way they think: "They are my enemy, I must go against them" Don't make them to doubt anything.
What do they want? Probably they even don't know, but they have found a way of thinking that gives them a "reality" and that gives no much place to doubting and asking why they become terrorists, and so they don't need to seek something concrete (what do they want?) because they feel fine enough by behaving without thinking too much about moral questions.

3. Aren't all people killed by other people inocent?
Are you saying there are cases when someone kills another one and that's right?
Don't care about this, I supose what you wrote is the expresion of your feelings, and not what you think.

4. I agree, that's the point they should check out !!

And so, it's that simple... many people has said that: we are all from the same family... right? But reality is that we have names and surnames that difference us and our people from other people... religions, the colour of your skin, the cloths you wear.... they are all something that makes a person different to another one... and people is not likely to stop and think that anyway they are human beings and in some way from the same familiy... and that's the problem. Too much people, too much people that doesn't stop to think, too much people that... etc.
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
keko

let's stop this insanity

Post by keko »

I think that we may try to find many explanation or reasons why the people feel that they have to fight for, we may even understand that people consider that somebody has the blame of their miseries, but nothing justify terrorism.
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: let's stop this insanity

Post by pob »

keko wrote: nothing justify terrorism.
and there is no need to justify
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
Sigma
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Sigma »

danyet
MOst of the terrorists are not even Iraqi people, they are militant muslim Arabs from other countries. The terrorists who from Iraq are from Saddam's old Republican Guard. Those are the facts.
I know, i agree,.Ok, as to the militant muslim Arabs, I think they abominate the US, so there are ceaselessly attachs on the US army, and they said they took the responsible for the every terrific attack by TV. ok,this is a religious question. Let me leave it alone. But the old Republican Guare of Saddam, why they do? why they destroy they own country and kill their compatriots. for the faith that the Saddam can get out the jail and seize the power from interim government?No, it can't! The only way they go is to disarm and to reconstruct their detached country!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Sigma wrote: But the old Republican Guare of Saddam, why they do? why they destroy they own country and kill their compatriots. for the faith that the Saddam can get out the jail and seize the power from interim government?No, it can't! The only way they go is to disarm and to reconstruct their detached country!
This is my own opinion, aren't those terrorists are mostly the same people who were torturing their own people????? They fought back not because they wanted to reconstruct the country for the better means; they wanted to have their power back. Right? :?
Sigma
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Sigma »

They fought back not because they wanted to reconstruct the country for the better means; they wanted to have their power back. Right?
Right, it's the power, the origin of all terrific attacks. In Iraq, these attacks are equal to civil war. The only one result is that, the more attacks, the more chaos, and the country will be more poor. and then the more countries want to invade it, at last ,there are more attacks. This is a vicious circle.

There is a saying of philosophy, the economic base depends the other over buildings(sorry, I don't know how to translat). it means the economy is most important thing in nowadays. why the US invade Iraq, it is the petroleum that propel the American Government.

For them, the most important thing is to stablilize the situation, devolop the economy,drive foreign army out of their land. If Iraq has the strong economic ability to build and buy everything, and with the plenty of petrolium as the foundation, which countries dare to attack them. Of course, the first one is Iraq can't invade other countries!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I meant by they wanted to have their power back, so they could torture people again since they got kicked out of what they were doing.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Sigma wrote: Right, it's the power, the origin of all terrific attacks. In Iraq, these attacks are equal to civil war. The only one result is that, the more attacks, the more chaos, and the country will be more poor. and then the more countries want to invade it, at last ,there are more attacks. This is a vicious circle.
Invading, changing the system, then leaving and invading, changing the system, then staying to rule that system are two different things to me. The first one is helping without being asked. It's quite rude, but it's still better than colonizing, for it's the second one. Don't you think?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

A big part of the problem.

A proposed U.N. convention against terrorism has been stalled since 1997. The holdup? How to define terrorism. But this is nothing more than a semantic trick. The Islamic states insist that terrorism must be defined not by the nature of the act but by its purpose. Putting a bomb in a market or train or bus is not an act of terrorism, they say, if it is done for a righteous purpose; namely national liberation or resistance to occupation.

To say there is a problem of definition is to focus on a word. The real question is whether it is ever legitimate to target women, children and other noncombatants. For the Islamic states, the answer is yes.

Not only have they succeeded in blocking anti-terror resolutions, they have secured votes endorsing their approach. In 1970, the General Assembly adopted a resolution "reaffirm[ing] … the legitimacy of the struggle of the colonial peoples and peoples under alien domination to exercise their right to self-determination and independence by all the necessary means at their disposal." This has been repeated several times by the General Assembly and the Commission on Human Rights. Everyone understands that the last phrase is a euphemism for terrorism.

Still, it had seemed that in the aftermath of 9/11, the bombings in Bali, Madrid and London and the shootings in Beslan, not to mention the continuing carnage in Iraq and Israel, that the time had come to turn a new page. Last year, the U.N.'s High Level Panel on Threats, Challenges and Change proposed to cut the Gordian knot by having the U.N. embrace this common-sense language: "Any action constitutes terrorism if it is intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or noncombatants with the purpose of intimidating a population or compelling a government or an international organization to do or abstain from doing any act."

This proposal apparently enjoyed the support of the panel's two key Islamic representatives, Nafis Sadik of Pakistan and Amr Moussa of Egypt, who is the secretary-general of the Arab League. Annan embraced this language and included it in the proposals he sent to last week's summit. With Annan and the U.S. representatives working together, supported by other Western diplomats, and with Moussa having already signed on, it looked as if the new language would sail through.

But then Islamic states again dug in their heels, and these words were stripped out of the final document. In its place was a ringing denunciation of terrorism, which, however, leaves Islamic leaders free to insist, as leading Sunni theologian Sheik Mohammed Sayed Tantawi did recently, that bombings of civilians in places such as Israel and Iraq carried out to "resist occupation" are not covered by this resolution because they do not amount to terrorism.