Want to be slim

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

sprite

Want to be slim

Post by sprite »

Hey,my friends,do you have any good ways to keep slim?Tell me,please.And thanks.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Eat well and do regular exercise ;)
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hi there
well if u want to get slim or stay slim :arrow: first thing u have to do is to take care of what ur eatting..dont eat junk foods alot, dont eat alotttt of chocolates, no soft drinks or other drinks, no faty food, try to eat more veg. & fruits and less meat and chicken...its not that easy if u ask me but its not that bad .

my friend told me once that if i run/walk every day for only 30 mints or 15 mints it will be enough to lose weight...so try that too..yaa u must do excersises no use of doing diet and so just know what r u eating and how much ur eating ..control ur food quantity dont eat too much eat as much as ur body requires ...

well i guess thats all bye
kunnii

Post by kunnii »

I am 181cm tall,and my weight is 70kg,not very slim i think.:p
but i have self-confidence to keep fit,try my best to do better.
of course the first things we should do is to eat less food,and
do some exercises everyday.the most important things is to keep on trying everyday,never give up!!!
When a wall meet another wall,we call them corner.
Aillian

Post by Aillian »

The first thing you must do is to have enough psychological prepare that it is not a easy thing to lose your weight. and the most important thing lies in insisting on. It is no using to eat less and do more exercise just in one day,you must insist for one mounth or several months.
Another thing staying in home for long time is no good for your health and mental.You can trying do some favorite sports such and table tennis, badminton,vollyball and other things you like even going shopping is ok.
When you really want to eat something,pls choice fruits you like first rather than chocolate or potato crisp, which is also important.
The final thing is to remind yourself often of that getting fatter and fatter is terrible which is no good for your health and would bring much inconvenience for your life.
Omega

Re: Want to be slim

Post by Omega »

sprite wrote:Hey,my friends,do you have any good ways to keep slim?Tell me,please.And thanks.
Your need good and right foods with protein, and regular trening with cardio training
I'm was 115 kg at winter, now i'm 91kg.
I do it!!!
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

Sports always help. Start with running which is also a good way to free your mind.
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

My suggestions

Post by pob »

Go walking 3 times a day. (at least 15 minutes each walk)

Do some exercise for abs, and for "improving your muscles"
The biggest your muscles, the most energy they consume although you don't do much exercise....

Eat anything you like, but trying to eat fruits and those things everyday... and don't eat more than what you're going to burn that day.

And the most difficult thing.... DO IT !!
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

Eat healthy food and dance at least one hour a day.
Dancing is really enjoyable excercise ,belive me I tried it alot.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Sprite, firstable you should visit a doctor in order he or she practice some medical studios. Sometimes people get fat because get a failure in the tyroid glande, sometimes the acumulation of fat is the result of another problem.
See your doctor and talk to him about the diet you should do. The diets you find in the web sites could help you, but after youo finish one, you will return to the original weight. To be on diet not mean to be on diet for three weeks, mean to have a healthy life style.
To do exercise is good too, but remember that you should begin step by step, first 15 minutes, and increasing the time day by day and the effort too. Be carefull.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Slim ? it is only apperance-oriented ! no matter !

The real matter is your health (and the health of the nature) !

Too slim or too fat, find the middle.

Do you know FatBoySlime ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:Eat well and do regular exercise ;)
Exactly Dixie!! :) But take it from me from someone that has battled with their weight for years (its sounds simple but somehow it is hard). I know that sounds ridiculous but some peoples metabolisms are slower than others so they need to work harder to increase it....But you advice is right..it is that simple. Finding the will-power to keep going is the struggle.....
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

i think it's silly when people want to be slim because slimmer people have better in life. In my opinion we all should be treated equally no matter how we look like and so on. It's just appearance, nothing more. The inner beauty is much more importnat. therefore I'd like to say that slimming is silly unless it's for your health. Because too much weight can cause some problems too. Anyway I think acceptting ourselves is the best way to overcome our problems. The right attitude is the key.
martazzz

Post by martazzz »

hi! Everyone tell me that I'm thin..I dont think it. When I look my image in a mirror I see a lot of fat..WHY CANT I SEE MY REAL IMAGE??? This is a problem that a lot of gilrs are livin'.. If you wanna talk...I'm here!! :wink:
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

visualize....

Post by charlotte »

if you really wanted to be slim or lose some fat, try to check out the following:

1. visualize - you need to visualize how good you want to look. it is also advisable that you hang a small size of your wardrobe near your bed or mirror so everytime you look at it, you'll be motivated that this thing has to fit me as soon as possible!

2. determination - you have to be determined to lose that excess fat. that means you have to work hard for it and not just sit on a couch while binging on those fatty potato chips and sour creams.

3. excercise - you need to work out. if you don't have time to go to the gym, do something you enjoy...say, swimming, biking, badminton, etc. by the way, doing household chores could also help you in losing those excess flabs in your body. and instead of taking the elevator, why not take the stairs. if you could go to some place through walking on the streets, do it instead of taking the cab or driving your car...it also saves you money! : )

4. go fresh and natural - avoid drinking sodas, chocolates or artificially mix drinks. instead, drink fresh fruit juices or if you really can't last a day without soda, go for soda water...it has less calories than you regulaaar soda...you can also take light coke! but don't forget, water is still the best!

5. go for the white meats and veggies - avoid eating red meat as it contains higher amount of fats than those of chicken and fish. vegetables are also good for your health...everybody knows it by the way. oh, and avoid salty foods and condiments because too much salt in the body induces water retention which would only make you feel bloated.

try the following...i say they're effective if you take it seriously. just to let you know, i used to be 200 lbs. before but now i'm just 135 lbs. : )
xiaomanman

Post by xiaomanman »

I think that the best way to keep slim is to see a new guy.
Triumph
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Triumph »

xiaomanman wrote:I think that the best way to keep slim is to see a new guy.
It will be foolish of me to agree with you!! :lol: :lol:
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: just one opinion

Post by TearHere »

Cherrycola wrote:One actress from my country who is very old now said:"You can eat whatever you want, as much as you want, but do it naked infront of the mirrow" :shock: :lol:
yah, i think so too... i read it in reader's digest.... you know, just seeing yourself eat up all those stuff makes you feel conscious..it makes you wanna stop.. i think a study has been conducted to prove this and how it works..maybe that's what she meant when she said that.. :wink:

but unfortuntely..i didn't find a website or link to the real study :( .. by the way, i wanna oppose to what she said about eating AS MUCH AS YOU WANT..that's exagg! :lol:
michellelee

Post by michellelee »

if you start to do exercise ,please dont give up,
i think if you stop doing exercise,you will get fat soon,and fatter than before
cherylyu

Post by cherylyu »

sometime i try to eat only one meal a day.
it is very hard for me but it didn't seems work :(
margarettt

Post by margarettt »

girls love to be slim'
amanita

Post by amanita »

yea ,i agree with m.s az .
few days ago i came to doctor for giving program diet.the program was really wonderfull and now i just have a little distance to my normal wieght.
so i suggest you to go to a doctor too. :P
I love Badminton very much!
JainaSolo

Post by JainaSolo »

cherylyu wrote:sometime i try to eat only one meal a day.
it is very hard for me but it didn't seems work :(
that's a big mistake, you'll never lose weight if you eat only once a day ... it's very unhealthy! :?