Are people too obsessed with their weight??

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Gloria

Are people too obsessed with their weight??

Post by Gloria »

In my opinion, I think that people, especially teenagers, are very obsessed with their weight. Fats have created a big psychological burden to them, the increase of 1 pound can make them want to die. And I think this phenomenon is caused by the misconception of people that " slim is beautiful ".
What do you think??
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

In my opinion, I think that people, especially teenagers, are very obsess with their weight. Fats have created a big psychological burden to them, the increase of 1 pound can make them want to die. And I think this phenomenon is caused by the misconception of people that " slim is beautiful ".
What do you think??
Yes I do agree with you that people are usually obsessed by their weight.They worry that they are overweighted.I don't think being slim is beautiful. What we need is a healthy body. I am slim so sometimes I feel so tired.What do you choice? You look chubby and always feel healthy or you look slim and feel tired?
I am fond of the first one. Generally, being so slim or overfat are not good both. :wink:

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Arale wrote: I am fond of the first one. Generally, being so slim or overfat are not good both. :wink:

_Arale_
Agree with that. Being so obsessed about your weight sounds so superficial to me, but don't care about your weight? C'mon, being overweight is not healthy. Don't do it too much or little is the best. One can care about his/her weight by eating healthy food, but no need to jump on the scale after every single meal. That's sick to me. :roll: Eating healthy food, portional meal, and playing sports are the key to stay slim and healthy. :wink:
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Are people too obsessed with their weight??

Post by Pirate »

Gloria wrote:In my opinion, I think that people, especially teenagers, are very obsessed with their weight. Fats have created a big psychological burden to them, the increase of 1 pound can make them want to die. And I think this phenomenon is caused by the misconception of people that " slim is beautiful ".
What do you think??
I think you mean fatness. Look up fats, it has another meaning :wink:
inesita

Post by inesita »

I'm agree with you.Well,by my expereance,i know that want to be slim can became to be an obssesion,and i know to much about this :( Now,i'm well,and i think that the truthful beauty is inside,not outside,because the appearance is not the first,and beauty is relative.All we need is a healthy body and felling well with ourselves :wink:
keling

are people to obssesed to their weight

Post by keling »

the weight is to be obessed day by day by people all over the world . it is being affected to thier not only the psychological but the physical condition
many serious disease such as the feart disease, brain damage .especially ,the diabetes which has been increasing seriously inrecent years
people should pay more and more attentions to their weight
keling

are people to obssesed to their weight

Post by keling »

it is known by the report of MSN 7th Nov 2005
that there are 20,000,000 youths in america has the pre diabetes caused by the overweight and inactive lifestyle.
their glocose of blood tested by some researchers are higher than those whose weight is normal
the reporter says it is a dangerous number
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Whether we like it or not, accept it or not, we live in a very superficial world.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

i think it's good to keep fit and prevent getting fat but being on a constant diet and having obssesion about losing weight isn't a wise thing to practise. I don't follow any diet because thank goodness I'm not overweight yet. However even if I did, I'd definitely try leading a much healthier lifystyle like jogging, going to gym, eating low fat content products, stop eating sweets and fast foods. that's what I'd advise everyone who wants to loose some weight.
cheers!
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well i guess this is a problem with two totally different sides, i understand when you say that now it seems like some teenagers are completely obsessed with the weight, but many statistics that have been made to portuguese people shown that we are a completely overweight population, and who is the blame? yes of course it is because of the fast food that all the people like to eat in these days, and if you join to this a sedentary life style do you have a great weight result :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

At least one third of Swiss people are over-weighted.

Worss is the situation in the United States.

Don't search the min, don't search the max.

Be both boulimic and anorexic. :lol:

Without good health, you make less things or you make them worse.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
justinlan

Post by justinlan »

However, I think I am too slim. :cry: ,.178cm high,only 60kg weight, how to increase my weight :oops:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I am 172 cm tall and 60 kg like you. I am fit and it is enough for me.

If you want to take weight, avoid WW and go daily to McDollars, Burker King, eat between meals, eat much cream, mayonesa, mustard, butter, coca cola, etc. Don't practice any sport. :lol:

Shokin
justinlan

Post by justinlan »

shokin wrote:I am 172 cm tall and 60 kg like you. I am fit and it is enough for me.

If you want to take weight, avoid WW and go daily to McDollars, Burker King, eat between meals, eat much cream, mayonesa, mustard, butter, coca cola, etc. Don't practice any sport. :lol:

Shokin
I like KFC or McDollars,and I seldom go to sport, :roll: but it doesn't work.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

justinlan wrote:
shokin wrote:I am 172 cm tall and 60 kg like you. I am fit and it is enough for me.

Shokin
Think yourself lucky then! You must have a very fast motabolism. :mrgreen: Mind you if you are living like this you might want to go and have your cholesterol level checked at the doctor. I'm sure it can't be good to eat like this and be inactive the symptoms must show somewhere. :roll:
justinlan

Post by justinlan »

Shazzam wrote:
justinlan wrote:

Shokin
Think yourself lucky then! You must have a very fast motabolism. :mrgreen: Mind you if you are living like this you might want to go and have your cholesterol level checked at the doctor. I'm sure it can't be good to eat like this and be inactive the symptoms must show somewhere. :roll:
thank you for your advice first,my cholesterol level is ok,i like KFC,but that doesn't mean I eat too much :) .I am wodering why i am so slim ,while i have my health level checked in hospital,nothing abnormal....
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Maybe you are young, like me. :mrgreen:

Being slim is not a problem if you are fit daily !

Shokin
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well.. the best thing you should do its to go to a gym and make healthy way, earning weight because you would have more mucles and not because of the calories you could eat in the fast food restaurants :wink: thought
justinlan

Post by justinlan »

:) I will have a try
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

justinlan wrote:
Shazzam wrote:
justinlan wrote: I like KFC or McDollars,and I seldom go to sport, :roll: but it doesn't work.
thank you for your advice first,my cholesterol level is ok,i like KFC,but that doesn't mean I eat too much :) .I am wodering why i am so slim ,while i have my health level checked in hospital,nothing abnormal....
:mrgreen: You don't know how lucky you are. You obviously have a great metabolism. (I WISH). I have been told by many people that body-build that the best way to increase body mass is to eat more protein (meat, cheese etc). I don't think fast food is the answer. You still need to have a balanced diet or you will put the weight on the wrong way.

Why don't you contact a GYM somewhere near you and speak to a dietician if you want to put weight on. 8)
justinlan

Post by justinlan »

Shazzam wrote:
:mrgreen: You don't know how lucky you are. You obviously have a great metabolism. (I WISH). I have been told by many people that body-build that the best way to increase body mass is to eat more protein (meat, cheese etc). I don't think fast food is the answer. You still need to have a balanced diet or you will put the weight on the wrong way.

Why don't you contact a GYM somewhere near you and speak to a dietician if you want to put weight on. 8)
Ha........I think that is what I need 8)