1. First you need to make up your mind about how you are going to practise the conversation.Make a flow chart plan or whatever you choose.
2. Increase your vocabulary to speak english in a better way.You could take help from web or different books.Explore the web and search with the related keywords.
3. Get over your shyness and hesitation.English's a foreign language.It doesn't really matter if we make mistakes during the learning stage.
4. Use the language as often as you can.The more you speak , the faster you will learn.Just dont get hesitated by the
thoughts like " Oh , what if i say sumthing silly while conversing with someone , or pronounce something in a weird or wrong way." What you need to do is kick this thought far away out of you mind.This just doesnt matter.Tell your mind " I can do it , and i will " .
5. Find someone who's reallly a whiz at speaking english ( and knows your language too).Be friends with him / her and just get into the conversation forgetting that you're practising this to achieve something.Just feel comfortable like if you are a native-speaker.Be confident while talking to someone in english and look directly into the eyes.Dont look here and there while
saying something or else he'd think you're probably havin' some trouble speaking the language.
6. Write short dialogues for everyday situations.Now get a tape recorder.Say the lines you've written in your conversations , the way they should ( according to the situation ).It would seem good enough to make a slight change in your voice when the other character has to speak.Now listen to it again and again.You'd probably find out the silly mistakes , you made , and then the next time , say the lines after correcting the mistakes.At a certain time , you'd surely get the perfect way to communicate with anyone in english.
7. Listen to the English news , and other english programmes.This would be a very important listening activity to improve your pronunciation.Watch english movies , especially SHREK 1 and 2.
8. Now in order to communicate in english with the perfect expressions , you need to memorize some of your conversations you wrote.Then just go to the washroom or wherever you feel comfortable.Let everyone get out of the room and shut the door.Stand facing the mirror.Take a deep breath and imagine if you're really standing in front of someone who doesn't know your language.Start recalling and say the lines in the correct order with the correct expressions according to that situation.Make it look really natural.Do this once a day , regularly.This would take you even more further to the way of speaking english fluently.
9. Ask your friends to help you with this.Prepare some skits using the dialogues made by you.Perform it ( not on the stage ) with some of your friends at home.
10. Make DICITONARY your best friend.Means that whenever and whereever you find any word or hear it from
someone , and you think you dont know the meaning , then you need to take your best friend's help.Its just a case of looking it up in your dictionary ( your best friend ).Practise these things more and more and that will definitely get you to the way of success in speaking english and with the perfection !
Hope this works out !!
JakeIII wrote:Reading, writing, and listening is something that we can do alone. It is hard to practice speaking. The best way is to find someone to speak with.
I really like this site because it brings people together to speak english to improve. However, if you want additional practice, I created a site for free. It's available to all and you can improve your English by practicing. I really want to help people speak English so it's free for everyone.
Since I am not making money and I want everyone to learn how to speak English, I don't consider this a commercial listing. I really think it will help you. Please let me know what you think as well. All constructive criticism is appreciated.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests