Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Vega, Krisi, TalkingPoint

User avatar
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:21 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: England

Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by TalkingPoint » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:09 pm

If people have the right to live how they choose, do they also have the right to die how they choose?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Sat May 07, 2005 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guest

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:29 pm

Yes! All personal will should be respected either it's orally wish or documentally wish.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

RIGHTS!

Post by Shazzam » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:41 am

People should have the right to make this choice if they are terminally ill. However, due to the situations that legally face families; i feel that the importance should be placed in a legal document (either by document or by video) of the persons intentions. I think pretty much verbal understandings shouldn't be taken into consideration. It only takes a few minutes to make a video, and we all should have a Will anyway.

Dream
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Russia

Post by Dream » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:16 pm

I think people should have such rights, but unfortunately now we are not protected of using our rights as malicious intent :( Not all of people could protect themself from... their relatives. Now we can only dream of our wishes are fulfilled.
...Be happy...

Guest

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:00 pm


User avatar
gill
Silver Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by gill » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:21 pm

TP wrote:If people have the right to live how they choose, do they also have the right to die how they choose?
absolutely. as we have right to live we have right not to live.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity

User avatar
lukiyas
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:19 am
Location: vietnam

Post by lukiyas » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:21 am

i don't think people should have the right to die .we can't choose if we are born in this world or not so we don't have the right to leave.somebody may say they are terminally ill and they must suffer to terrible pains but pains are parts of living and some may say they are burdens to their families but would they do the same thing if their relatives fell in such situation.

Guest

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:35 pm

lukiyas wrote: i don't think people should have the right to die .we can't choose if we are born in this world or not so we don't have the right to leave.somebody may say they are terminally ill and they must suffer to terrible pains but pains are parts of living and some may say they are burdens to their families but would they do the same thing if their relatives fell in such situation.
Just so you were born "without" your choice of whether you should have been born or not, you would not have a right to decide whether you should leave this world or not????? Oh my god, this is the first time I've heard something like this. No more words to express; otherwise, I would become really rude and right now, I'm PMSing. :roll: :roll: :roll:

hagandaz
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:06 pm
Location: Morocco
Contact:

hagandaz

Post by hagandaz » Mon May 02, 2005 3:18 pm

you are not born by yourself, it wasn't your choice. god wants that. we all belong to god, it's not our choice to die.

Guest

Re: hagandaz

Post by Guest » Mon May 02, 2005 4:45 pm

hagandaz wrote:you are not born by yourself, it wasn't your choice. god wants that. we all belong to god, it's not our choice to die.
So people who don't believe in God don't belong to God :roll: :roll: :roll: ???? No one belongs to anyone beside himself and family, PERIOD.

hagandaz
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:06 pm
Location: Morocco
Contact:

hagandaz

Post by hagandaz » Mon May 02, 2005 4:49 pm

what i mean is that we are a creation of god. its not a question of believes. so we belong to god. this is the root.
try to make everyday the best in your life

Guest

Re: hagandaz

Post by Guest » Mon May 02, 2005 5:02 pm

hagandaz wrote:what i mean is that we are a creation of god. its not a question of believes. so we belong to god. this is the root.
Yes, it is not a question of belief because faith doesn't need proofs, but I don't believe in God; I believe in Buddhism and in Buddhism, we believe in evolution. There is no God. We have evolved. I don't believe human beings were made from clays on the ..... day of the week and then brothers and sisters mate with each other so this whole world could become full. Please don't give me that since I'm not that kinda believer. Please don't give me 'we belong to God is not a question of belief, but it's a fact.' As far as I know, the fact shows that we have evolved. No God involved.

hagandaz
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:06 pm
Location: Morocco
Contact:

hagandaz

Post by hagandaz » Mon May 02, 2005 5:59 pm

god give us brains to think rationally, you can believe or not in god. but i'd like to know what do you think about death, is theire any life after death and how we came to this world, a lot of questions. i found the answers in islam. so i believe in god. i don't wanna cause a religion dispute but we should think together and try to find the answers : yours with mines.
try to make everyday the best in your life

leen@rasel
Silver Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Post by leen@rasel » Wed May 04, 2005 8:44 pm

I dont think that people have the right to choose if they want to die because we were asked if we want to be humans or if we want to live we were created by God we live because he wants that and we die if he wanted to

leen@rasel
Silver Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Post by leen@rasel » Wed May 04, 2005 8:47 pm

leen@rasel wrote:I dont think that people have the right to choose if they want to die because we were not asked if we want to be humans or if we want to live we were created by God we live because he wants that and we die if he wanted to

User avatar
visali
Gold Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:39 am
Location: INDIA

Post by visali » Thu May 05, 2005 1:49 am

Absolutely they have no right to die themselves at thier wish.
Afterall, we all are living in a society.
Suicide will send danger signals to society and the people in the same state or circumstances can be inspired by that act.
The action, whatever it is, must do with the permission of Constitution of his country.

Pearla
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 6:40 am

I Dont Agree

Post by Pearla » Sat May 07, 2005 8:21 am



I think God gave us the right to live for a wisdom that he know it, so i think he's the only one who can take our souls and pass us away, so no one can really end his life by himselfe and say it's my right i dont want to live. ok, who gave you this right to live ? it's God, or it was possible for him to pass you away at the minute you born, but he didn't because he planned something for you and give you chance to live to serve the humanity and the earth. personally, i think those who say that they have the right to end their life are sick people who need help with my respect of course to all who disagree with me. but let us think about it, why someone will think to end his life?
he must facing difficulties in his life that he thinks it's impossible to be solved.

then there is another point we should shed the light to it, when they die themselves they are hurting those people who care about them and need them.

i think we should not be selfish and life is a good gift from God, that we should know how to invest it the right investment in what benefit the humanity.

Guest

Re: I Dont Agree

Post by Guest » Sat May 07, 2005 8:39 am

Pearla wrote:

I think God gave us the right to live for a wisdom that he know it, so i think he's the only one who can take our souls and pass us away, so no one can really end his life by himselfe and say it's my right i dont want to live. ok, who gave you this right to live ? it's God, or it was possible for him to pass you away at the minute you born, but he didn't because he planned something for you and give you chance to live to serve the humanity and the earth. personally, i think those who say that they have the right to end their life are sick people who need help with my respect of course to all who disagree with me. but let us think about it, why someone will think to end his life?
Let me tell you what is sick to me. It's sick to me when my parents gave me life and some people knock on my door telling me to believe in God because he/she gave me life. To me it's the most nonsense I have ever heard. I do not believe in God so don't throw "God gives you life" in my face because I will spit it back at ya. I've read religion books and those have sicken me to the bones. It's because of the ~ in their pages. That's why non-religious people make fun of religions by calling their violence as 'holy wars' If you look at the words then you'll understand. Holy and wars are too opposite things. If there is holy, there is no wars because holy is supposed to mean angelic, blessed, clean, faultless, glorified, or spiritual; on the other hand, wars mean bloodshed, fighting, hostilities, killing, fighting, combat, etc. Those two words is a mockery to those who say they're religious, but then go ahead and kill other people. Bunch of hypocrites, I must say.
So if you think people who don't wanna bother others because they know there is no cure to help them or whatever reason to end their life are sick, you should reconsider about people who say 'God bless you' or 'Bless your heart' blah blah blah but do the opposite things to what they say. Those are sick people to me, PERIOD. :evil:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: I Dont Agree

Post by Shazzam » Tue May 17, 2005 6:26 am

[ 'holy wars' If you look at the words then you'll understand. Holy and wars are too opposite things. If there is holy, there is no wars because holy is supposed to mean angelic, blessed, clean, faultless, glorified, or spiritual; on the other hand, wars mean bloodshed, fighting, hostilities, killing, fighting, combat, etc. Those two words and kill other people. Bunch of hypocrites, I must say.
So if you think people who don't wanna bother others because they know there is no cure to help them or whatever reason to end their life are sick, you should reconsider about people who say 'God bless you' or 'Bless your heart' blah blah blah but do the opposite things to what they say. Those are sick people to me, PERIOD. :evil:[/quote]

My goodness this debate has certainly gone off the rails. How and why does religion come into it with such venem. I mean my goodness. We all have rights! Including freedom of speech without judgment.

Sorry! Maybe I shouldn't express my opinion.

Guest

Re: I Dont Agree

Post by Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 6:45 am

shazzam1452 wrote: My goodness this debate has certainly gone off the rails. How and why does religion come into it with such venem. I mean my goodness. We all have rights! Including freedom of speech without judgment.

Sorry! Maybe I shouldn't express my opinion.
Are you saying that to people who have said 'God gives me life so he should end it and not anyone'???????

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: I Dont Agree

Post by Shazzam » Tue May 17, 2005 8:59 am

Are you saying that to people who have said 'God gives me life so he should end it and not anyone'???????[/quote]

I'm not saying anything regarding people's religious beliefs one way or another. All I'm saying is that the whole debate seems to being about God (religion; of one description or another; holy wars. etc). I find that the original debate has been lost somewhere. Thats all.

Guest

Re: I Dont Agree

Post by Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 10:28 am

shazzam1452 wrote: I'm not saying anything regarding people's religious beliefs one way or another. All I'm saying is that the whole debate seems to being about God (religion; of one description or another; holy wars. etc). I find that the original debate has been lost somewhere. Thats all.
Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. Sometimes, life is a colorful picture to learn about people and your surroundings, ain't it? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: I Dont Agree

Post by Shazzam » Wed May 18, 2005 10:59 am

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:[Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. :
I never said that I thought you were sick! I don't know where you got that from. I certainly never said that in anything that i wrote. :roll:

Guest

Re: I Dont Agree

Post by Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 6:39 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
simplyblessedwithlove wrote:[Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. :
I never said that I thought you were sick! I don't know where you got that from. I certainly never said that in anything that i wrote. :roll:
Not you, sweetie. It was another person whom posted before my post of holy war definition. I was explaining to that person why I thought some persons were sick regardless of having a religion or not.

User avatar
Dithzie
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:17 am
Location: Asia

Post by Dithzie » Sun May 29, 2005 2:03 pm

That's what free will is for, I personally believe. Every person has a right to die, if he so wishes. It's a matter of choice.
Iamwhoam

mrnadeemkhan
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:08 am
Contact:

Being a muslim,

Post by mrnadeemkhan » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:14 am

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:Yes! All personal will should be respected either it's orally wish or documentally wish.

Code: Select all

Being a mulsim , our faith is that, Allah makes the whole universe even the human being is masterpiece with a brain, which have unbelieveable thinking power, has already written the whole life and even the situation of death. nobody can decide the way of death, or can die by their own. Everyone knows the right and wrong doings, so its up to them , whethen they choose write or wrong, .
Cheers pall.

sunnyni
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

I think everyone has his right to end his life

Post by sunnyni » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:00 am

In my opinion, everyone has his right to end his life.
First , Yes ,no one has right to choose his birth. But after his birth, he has all the right of his body and mind. He can bring up his own view to the world, he can do more practice for his health or not and he has right to subscribe his organ to help others.These are all decided by himself. so of cause he has right to end his life for the better life of his relative and lover.
Second,someone may say the people who chose end his life when he face the difficulty is craven. From some aspect, it seems he is , but maybe difference people cherish difference things, such as dignity , passion and faith. Such as some people want to die with dignity , he want beautiful face and body after he die. He don't want to die dingygily. So he chose end his life himself.

So difference people has difference view to death, why do they don't have right even for death.

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.

Watch this movie

Post by tikay » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:18 pm

Last night I watched and read (subtitles) in Spanish a very good movie, for myself anyway...on this subject and my opinion is not that important on the subject becuase it constantly changes...this is a hard one. Anyway I agree and disagree with a lot of things in the thread so maybe I will add to it after more thought. :idea: it is good to hear (read)the passion about it
(my humble opinion)...bye-4-now

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.

!

Post by tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:51 am

UH OH...I was afraid of that...I forgot the name of the movie yesterday....so sorry! If you want to watch it ...see the movie THE SEA INSIDE....very controversial ending, I assure you.
I believe that basically people should have the right to leave the earth...to come and go as they please. But then I am coming from the live and let live generation of the sixties.
so that is just natural for me. I do have to say i have written in here that suicide is selfish ....so i am still undecided about generalities I suppose....it is all about the circumstances.
I highly suggest that movie (The Sea Inside) to any one interested in the subject.
Thanks to the Buddhist fellow who does not believe in godhead...a good thing for me to think about because I have been calling myself Buddhist but I absolutely believe in all Gods and in all Goddess(es)....interesting no?
everyone is so interesting really!

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Post by shokin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:19 pm

I did not know that many people wondered about their way of dying. :lol:

Let us choose the most ecological way of leaving the living.

But let you think and choose. When you'll be ded, who will know how you did want to die. :lol:

I want to die on 24 June 2060 at 13.57.43. in the middle of Amazonian forest and by a general tumor. I want my body to be burn and the ashes have to be put in equal parts at each cataracts of the Nil. My debts to Wallmart and my goods to WWF. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.

funny boy....

Post by tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:51 pm

I want to die on 24 June 2060 at 13.57.43. in the middle of Amazonian forest and by a general tumor. I want my body to be burn and the ashes have to be put in equal parts at each cataracts of the Nil. My debts to Wallmart and my goods to WWF. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin



that is so cute and funny....
I want to be perhaps smashed by a tree falling in the Brazillan Forest and heavy equipment stops for even one day because of the accident....
or beaten by thugs who when my gashes open realize there are better ways to live life, changing their (horrible) ways when they see the depth of the color of my blood (it is so saturated...so dark red it is almost purple or black)
....or eaten by cannibols because i wondered into their incampment after much exploring in the vicinity...let my soul be relished by people who then go crazy with the force of love...
that lived in this poets heart.
Thanks! (that is better than the boring version given me by the Indian holy man at the courthouse...96 years old, in my sleep...who is that gonna affect?) BIG SMILE. :D :wink:

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.

american lady....

Post by tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:45 pm

American...born to be a child of the sixties...in Tennessee.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: !

Post by MissLT » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:18 pm

tikay wrote: Thanks to the Buddhist fellow who does not believe in godhead...a good thing for me to think about because I have been calling myself Buddhist but I absolutely believe in all Gods and in all Goddess(es)....interesting no?
everyone is so interesting really!
You've adapted Buddhism as a second religion of yours, and that's why you still believe in God and stuff. If you were born as a Buddhist or just practice Buddhism, you wouldn't believe in God. Buddhists don't tight themselves to a Creator and live their lives as just to pay their sins or wait for the Judgment Day. We have no Judgment Day. We are not born because of our sins. We are here because of our karma. And our purpose is to reach Nibbana, not to wait for God to judge what we did in our lives. Well, we're not gonna wait since we have no God, anyway.

Antti
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:08 am
Location: Finland

Higher than man is his maker

Post by Antti » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:33 am

Man has not right to live as he chooses. He is made to love other people and his Maker. Many do not believe this, and every seeing eye sees the consequences. So man has not right to choose the length of life of himself or of other people. The life be in the hands of the Giver of life..

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.

Post by tikay » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:45 am

I have adapted every insight to include it in my doctrine of ethical conditioning on myself...karma enters in but sometimes it also leaves...i am like a building with an open door...the library is only part of the make up and the spiritual books are merely there to learn from and for me to adapt...and only when the music room is not the focus for me...or the childrens playroom... or the room of arts and sciences, or of sensual pleasures. :idea: basically I have a self-made religion, based on my own life, which would probably take years to explain...so i dont even try....people are not nearly ready anyway.
I guess it is based on completeness through education, oneness with spirit, and simple life experiences....adapting each moment to find the highest in me...regardless of the actions of the next person.
life is decision, action, event, affect, work, making love, learning and...being...God desires do not exist when there is no separation....just try to be here now...and maybe realise you are your own actual co-creator, along with others who will and have molded and changed you...which is everyone, really.


where is the marchwind?
where in Italy???

desertman
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: Xinjiang

Post by desertman » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:10 pm

Every man die,but not every man really live.

vahid
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: Iran

Re: hagandaz

Post by vahid » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:39 am

In my opinon this refers to people s attitue toward the next world or whether there is any world beside this world in which we are living or not .
when people die they must answer back whatever they did in the world good or bad doesnot matter .
hence this is a fact if we think before doing something we wont be regret so we wont affrait of daeath . but if we are nutorious (bad- known) we like to die without any problem which is impossible .

User avatar
sar
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:33 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Internet

Post by sar » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:53 am

We don’t own our life, something or somebody else give us life; therefore, we should not make decision in how to live or die, we should leave this process to nature.

User avatar
Laxuan
Silver Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:49 am
Location: Trang Bom , Dong Nai

Post by Laxuan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:30 am

I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.

User avatar
sar
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:33 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Internet

Post by sar » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:32 pm

Laxuan wrote:I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.

I am agree, because, death is natural, like life itself.

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2252
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by Vega » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:57 pm

sar wrote:
Laxuan wrote:I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.

I am agree, because, death is natural, like life itself.
I agree with you absolutely. If someone wanna die, why
need to prevent it, this is his/here decision and only
he/she will responsible before God.

User avatar
Sunnypk
Platinum Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:55 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Pakistan

Post by Sunnypk » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:23 pm

I dont think that people have the right to choose he can't take decision itself. I haven't deepen information about that topic.. but I waana must say that it's all in the hand of God. because someone has said that the iife is too short we should be appreciate the life.

rodyy
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: egypt
Contact:

Post by rodyy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:31 pm

at first i don;t thing that the peaple have the right to die whatever they want as the human peaple is the pest cruter in the univers to the god every material every animal every thing in the univers is on the human servis after all we come to say i wanna to die just beacous we are abset
second i have somthing to say to the gust how said that he reed the religous books and it made him sick !!!!!!!!!
did you nuderstand really what is written in thes books ?? i don't think so !!!!
if you really reed them and understand it you will find the oppiset of what you get in your mind and it's not the books's wrong that the peaple misunderstand it or that the peaple dosen't work with it it's the peaple fault
iam sorry for beeing so long on you all but realy i was want to say alot of talking to that pearson how got sick from the religous books!!!!!!

Lac
Silver Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:07 am
Contact:

Have a right to die

Post by Lac » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:51 am

Everyone has the right to die. The most important thing is how to die ? Theoretically, we all respect the freedom to choose of every body, every human being, provided that their freedom would not be against with others' interests. There're deaths called "hero" when somebodoy laid down his or her life for the lofty targets. And there're also some deaths not worthy of being heroic.
Some of you said no one really wants to die. To me there're apparently lots of reasons to die for vindicating one's deeds. We dont know clearly which act is right or wrong of death-seeking persons. We absolutely respect their own choice. But at the same time, we should not leave them alone before their mind sprouting the idea of killing by themselves.
Probably that's the reason why many countries do not permit doctors to "give the final favour injection" to the hopeless patients.
Seeking a proper death (martyrs, soldiers in the battlefield...)is synonymous with honor ; yet the courage of persons who have "right to die" ocassionaly is regarded as insaneness when they intentionalyy do it.

Lac
Silver Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:07 am
Contact:

Post by Lac » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:21 am

rodyy wrote:at first i don;t thing that the peaple have the right to die whatever they want as the human peaple is the pest cruter in the univers to the god every material every animal every thing in the univers is on the human servis after all we come to say i wanna to die just beacous we are abset
second i have somthing to say to the gust how said that he reed the religous books and it made him sick !!!!!!!!!
did you nuderstand really what is written in thes books ?? i don't think so !!!!
if you really reed them and understand it you will find the oppiset of what you get in your mind and it's not the books's wrong that the peaple misunderstand it or that the peaple dosen't work with it it's the peaple fault
iam sorry for beeing so long on you all but realy i was want to say alot of talking to that pearson how got sick from the religous books!!!!!!
oh sorry. Your post has so much English mistakes. I can't understand well. Maybe I'm not good at English ?

rodyy
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: egypt
Contact:

Post by rodyy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:58 pm

lac i don't know if you know english well or not :?
and i don't care if my writ's now righit or wrong becouse iam still learning english 8)
and if you want to tell anybody about his mistake pleas be more gentel :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
hung
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:41 pm
Location: HCMC
Contact:

Post by hung » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:12 am

Rodee, I dunno understand yer rightin' 2. right it in proper Englis plz. :lol:

FOREVER
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:07 pm
Status: English Teacher

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by FOREVER » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:09 pm

WE CAME TO THIS WORLD WITHOUT ASKING FOR THAT WE MUST THANK OUR CREATOR BECAUSE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND WORTH LIVING........SO OUR LIFE IS NOT ONLY OURS WE CANNOT MAKE AN END TO IT..........
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A CREATOR , JUDGEMENT , THEN A NEW LIFE WHICH MAY BE BETTER OR WORSE .........YOU HAVE ALSO TO BELIEVE THAT YOUR LIFE IS NOT YOURS YOU ARE HERE IN THIS WORLD FOR A MISSION TO DO GOOD AND ONLY GOOD..ON THIS PLANET
IN SHORT, I THINK ENDING ONE'S LIFE IS A SELFISH ACT..........

olgav
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:36 pm
Status: English Teacher

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by olgav » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 pm

gill wrote:
TP wrote:If people have the right to live how they choose, do they also have the right to die how they choose?
absolutely. as we have right to live we have right not to live.
I fully agree with gill, we must have the right of choice for our death

coolg
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:51 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by coolg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:44 am

With all my respect for your beliefs, I fully believe in God. So, I have faith in God's creation and in all his organizations of our lives.

Just my personal point of view :-)

User avatar
SBSP
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by SBSP » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:02 am

If we leave it to the people decision i think that the moment at which we will find no one on earth will come. every one had a feeling of depression, sadness, hopelessness, loneliness, hoping to die, and if we have the chance to choose, a lot of us will decide to die, but believing in God should take us back to the right road, should show us the real meaning of life and of our existence.

koraei
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:31 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by koraei » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 am

If we beleive in God and its arbitration about our life , we consequence that the life is a holly issue for all of humens . nobody has the right to deprive itself from this gift.
another fact tha should be considered is that we are not only belong to ourselves and everyone in the world has this right to see our thriving life and we must not deprive them from their rights. be optimistic that your next day will be better than today.

Aimee
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:06 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Aimee » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:51 am

If you have right to die means who will die in this world. why cant you avoid some dreadful diseases that takes the lives of persons? Why cant you stop the natural calamities like earthquake, Tsunami?

According to me people doesn't have the right to die..

User avatar
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:58 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Catalunya

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by ArnauEstanyol » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 am

Ask me when I'll go to die. Then I'll tell you what I want to do, if I can. What I want is they respect my will.

User avatar
Sunnypk
Platinum Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:55 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Pakistan

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Sunnypk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:51 pm

It's totally unlawful to die or commit suicide....

glamour
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by glamour » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 am

I think it would be possible if person would be created by himself,but I believe in GOD and believe that god created us.Let him choose how we will die.

User avatar
manal
Gold Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 am
Status: English Learner
Location: yemen,my beloved country

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by manal » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 pm

hi,
i believe that we r here in this earth according to the wish of God, and of course our existence must be for an important purpose that we have to achieve in the period of our live,how we die is a matter of God,Who has chosen our parents,our countries and our environement that we have been born in?our death is the same as these things and we have no right to choose,what we can do is doing well in our life ,by this way we may help in drawing our end.

adin
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:46 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by adin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi, If it is the way to die as our very sick beloved one wants, and why we do not agree with his/her request. It is the matter of respect too, I guess. i.e. Because of the deadly disease and medically unrecoverable anymore, then he/she wants to end his/her life in a very peaceful place such as in his own choice, and we have to fulfill the wish.
But if it is committing suicide, and one must reconsider seriously.

Yolochka
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:38 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Yolochka » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:43 am

Oh. To tell you the truth, it's very interesting question. I theink, that every person has the right to choose how he wants to die. As for me, I'd like me were burnt and the dust would be in a big vase.
P.S. Sorry for my English.
And what do you think about euthanasia?

[james]
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:22 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by [james] » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:50 am

If people believe they have time right to live, firstly, i suggest that they should consider who gave them such right. Secondly, whether you have the right to refuse to be born.

cjlarrain
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 7:19 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Chile

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by cjlarrain » Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Since we are creatures, prior to any "right to something" we are people of duties. Our first duty is to thank God for our creation, for our birth in this world. Otherwise we are falling in a "non serviam" attitude. Then, secondly, we ought to express love to our parents that brought us to life. But, make no mistake, God leaves us in absolute freedom to do anything in the course of our lives. God is so respectful for what we chosen to do even if it's wrong. God won't intervene, but he 's showed the right path and the Truth we have to seek. We are free to change this world for better. God with "his" silence, respect our determination to select the path we want.Even if you don't believe in Him, it 's your option. Famine, disease, poverty, corruption are in this world since ancient times to show us that doing something, taking action about it, is a must, now. Life is short. God won't intercept any bullet fired directly from a terrorist to your kid´s head. If He intervened, then life would be unbereable. WE have to remove poverty, corruption, etc.Not God. Take action: poverty and eveil is ritgh next door. We have to ask Him for help to show us the right path. He will answer, no doubt, but no when we want. I think He responds when there's a real need at the right time. He likes when we ask for something we do need, thus, removing our arrogance.

Ryohei
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Ryohei » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:58 am

It is unavoidable even if it advocates an impracticable theory.
I think that it does not understand unless it becomes, when such a thing must be chosen as a person in question, a family, or an intimate person.
It is because the mental condition at that time is very much related although judged.

User avatar
naqvi
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:24 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by naqvi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 am

born in this world is not our choice so in the same way ,it's not our choice to die..:)

User avatar
oliwells
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 am
Status: Other
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by oliwells » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:17 am

Death comes in people at least we didn't expect. Just like life is unpredictable so as death.

User avatar
reindeer
Gold Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 am
Status: Other
Location: S-Pet
Contact:

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by reindeer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am

Hi,

I believe it's not correct to discuss rightfulness of making a decision to leave this world.
It is most likely that every person who wants to die has no doubts in rightfulness of his/her own decision. And, it is not our business to bless or condemn such a person.

Yet, we can judge about rightfulness of creating legal framework for the situation. However, this discussion must be one of the hottest topics at all times. Also, whenever you mention God or divine providence, don't forget that there is still some people who doesn't accept the concept of divine providence and doesn't believe in God at all.

So, taking into consideration the above, don't you think that all the disputes on the subject are absulutely useless?
Suppose, you have succeeded in recruiting someone to your belief. Are you sure that the preacher of another belief, at the same time, haven't succeded either? Are you sure that everyone can be recruited, well, convinced at all? Ask yourself, how often you changed your opinion on the basic postulates of life.
Look, I have some life experience. Nevertheless, I still didn't come to awareness about the necessity of legalisation of euthanasia. And I don't think that anyone can persuade me, either.
It's a controversial topic. And controversial topics are given to imrove our skills in rethoric , not to come to agreement.
Do you agree? {-;

Andrew

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Oriani » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:50 pm

reindeer wrote:Hi,

I believe it's not correct to discuss rightfulness of making a decision to leave this world.
It is most likely that every person who wants to die has no doubts in rightfulness of his/her own decision. And, it is not our business to bless or condemn such a person.

Yet, we can judge about rightfulness of creating legal framework for the situation. However, this discussion must be one of the hottest topics at all times. Also, whenever you mention God or divine providence, don't forget that there is still some people who doesn't accept the concept of divine providence and doesn't believe in God at all.

So, taking into consideration the above, don't you think that all the disputes on the subject are absulutely useless?
Suppose, you have succeeded in recruiting someone to your belief. Are you sure that the preacher of another belief, at the same time, haven't succeded either? Are you sure that everyone can be recruited, well, convinced at all? Ask yourself, how often you changed your opinion on the basic postulates of life.
Look, I have some life experience. Nevertheless, I still didn't come to awareness about the necessity of legalisation of euthanasia. And I don't think that anyone can persuade me, either.
It's a controversial topic. And controversial topics are given to imrove our skills in rethoric , not to come to agreement.
Do you agree? {-;

Andrew
I like your writing! It looks like an essay [Ok, this post is so off-topic but I had to say it]

User avatar
reindeer
Gold Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 am
Status: Other
Location: S-Pet
Contact:

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by reindeer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Thank you Oriani. I,in turn, like the the discourse of cjlarrain whos post you can see on the top of this page. However, I am a little more sceptical about the possibility to exterminate povetry, corruption, etc. in this millenium.

Ilove
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:51 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Ilove » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:40 pm

What a fantastic question! It depends on which type of right does this question refer to.
In terms of legal right, people cannot choose how they die. For example, different countries have their own laws based on killing their citizens and residents lawfully.
Similarly, in terms of moral right, we cannot choose how we die as well. We do not have such power to terminate our lives besides God. However, God loves and wants us to live through good and bad times, so we can face what reality is and strengthen ourselves. =)

User avatar
reindeer
Gold Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 am
Status: Other
Location: S-Pet
Contact:

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by reindeer » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 am

But sometimes people don't care about laws!
Don't you think that under certain circumstances someone may have moral right to break a law, whether civil or moral one? We all know how many ridiculous laws have been decreed by human race during the ages.
After all, there are evidents that even animals commit suicude!

Elearner
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:41 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Elearner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 am

Every people in this world have their own destiny, however, we still have our own self decision to make on what we like to do with our life.

Choosing what you will like to be or choosing what you don't want to be is a personal decision to make. Whatever your decision is on what you want to do in your life, will surely affect others live, for example; your family, your son/daughter, and career etc.

Still, deciding on what you would like to do in your life is your personal decision, but sometimes it's not due to unpredictable happenings that might come to us.

Klaudyna
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:53 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Klaudyna » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 pm

In my opinion although people have the right to live how they choose, they haven't the right to die how they choose. There are many cases when people try to kill themselves and it is bad, because only God can decide how we die and when it will be. Moreover I think that life is wonderful and we should not think about death, because we should enjoy every day.

alexandra
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by alexandra » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:40 pm

According to me everybody dies in different way. It is God decides about a kind of death in every person. It isn't dependent on us, so I think a human should trust the God and don't look for the reason to die, even if she or he isn't now happy.

kassliw
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:18 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by kassliw » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 pm

In my point of view people should have the right to die. In cases where people have a terminal illness. People always say that the only person responsible for what happens to you is yourself but you can't have the choice to end your own life?
It's your life, not someone else's.

lesoli
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by lesoli » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:17 pm

According to me people should have right to die how they choose. If they are unhappy, becouse they get bad mark or they have to learn they can't commit suicide.But when they are for example terminally ill and they don't want to suffer they can kill themselves. From the point of view of church it is immoral, but priests don't thint that it is only prolongation of suffering for this people.

alicjapie
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:41 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by alicjapie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 pm

I think that we should not choose the moment when we die. We got it as a gift from God and we should appreciate that. Let's not think about it when we die. Let's think about what we need to do. You have to take advantage of this gift-to do something for yourself and for other people :)

krozmar
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by krozmar » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Not everyone will agree with me but I think that people shouldn't be the right to die. God gives us life and only he can decide when we die.

emilkatok

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by emilkatok » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:46 pm

In my opinion , people don't have the right to die how they choose.
Life is a gift from our parents. We should respect life. Everyone has right to live and nobady can't choose this right.
Abortion should be forbid!
My religion is oppose abortion, euthanasia. I agree with thase.

If we will have full right to reign life or die , all world can be change!!!

User avatar
Duccini
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: São Paulo - Brazil

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Duccini » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:18 pm

As I could read the majority of people who disagrees with people having this right, chose this view because of their belief in god as our creator, hence his choice about when and how you should die.

What if suicide was God's will? What if his way of making someone achieve his purpose in here was by letting this person go by his own will? It was mentioned the movie The Sea Inside somewhere in this thread. Those who know the story will agree with me that dead was pretty meaningful (the movie was based on true events, I must say).

I read some of you guys claiming that the suicide is a sign of the sickness of the person. Well, maybe it's a sign of the sickness of the world.

For me almost everyone should have this right, if it comes to that. But not for all the cases. People should face the consequences of certain acts. A guy who enters a school shooting at dozens of children shouldn't have the right to escape by killing himself.

dariakur
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:55 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by dariakur » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm a christian, so for me this is simple question to answer. God gave us life through our parents which means that only God can take it back. Mankind are only creatures created by God, we don't have any rights to choose how we or somebody from our family and friends die. Every death means something and is causes some effects. Everything happens for a reason, even if this is horrifying.

StoKin
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:01 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by StoKin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 pm

I think that a lot of people do not want to die because God gave life them and they are grateful him. The next reason may be that they will leave their family and friends in mourning. If they have the right to die they want to die naturally. Sometimes people can't live because their are sick to end of their life and it would be a reason to commit suicide.

Tkiewicz
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:17 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Tkiewicz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:36 pm

I disagree with people who say that only God can decides about people's live and die. In my opinion that kind of decision it might be hard but someone who is very ill and doesn't want to suffer should end live how he or she wants.

rokwysocka
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by rokwysocka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:30 pm

In my opinion everybody should decide about himself, so people should have the right to die, but only in case when death is unavoidable and somobedy's life is a suffering. I think when somebody has a chance to recover he has to try or when he doesn't feel pain and he can do yet what he wants, he should to make his dreams come true.

RogelikIID
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:50 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by RogelikIID » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:16 pm

We have no influence on our born so we shouldn't choose how and when we die. Everybody should die on natural death and it doesn't matter how is our life.

nicbase
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by nicbase » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:48 pm

I agree that people have a right to live how they choose , but they don't have a right to die how the choose. Everyone even ill person has a right to live as long as it is possible. It is independent of them how long will they die. People shouldn't choose how to die themself, because people shouldn't commit for instance suicides , because the human population might be decrease in the future and it's disturbing. Everyone should live long and luckily and do his tasks to improve the world.

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4136
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Krisi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:10 am

for minor things, we all have the right to choose but for major or a lot of sensitive issues we just do not have the right, especially issues about life here in my country.

SOATOAVINA
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by SOATOAVINA » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:06 pm

The subjet concerning the right to choose the way to die has touched another subjet matter: the existence of God.

Does God really exist?

The real question that's worth be asked is : do we care about our origin? I know the matter here is the way we end our life, but it seems clear it is attached to the way we see and consider our origin.

As a human being, I think every sensed person should ask this question to him/herself or to other people once.
Does one have to go as far as a philosopher can penetrate on this question_.. it depends, but what is sure is that this question is unavoidable. Whether during one's passage at school or through everyday discussions, or anywhere people talk about life, this question will pop up at one time in one's life.

So, what is the answer to this question?
Does God has some businesss to do with our end. Does God even exist.
Is my origin my grand grand ...parents which were at the beginning monkeys/fish/... .

I think one should not be short-sighted as to say my mother gave me life and God has nothing to do with it. This is reducing all the miracles of life to a bunch of nonesense which started some time nobody knows exactly.
We have the choice about how we want to lead our life if we have the mean to do so, but usually people go out of their home to work or to go to school or elsewhere without knowing it is the end for them. Sure, it makes you think, and if I had the choice...?
I often whatch those TV program talking about all the considered weird things in the world: discoveries, church miracles, witchcraft and vodoo, magicians, ghosts, etc. In my country, I also see people victims of black practices and people possessed by evil spirits. I think one should enquire about those things and not underestimate those happenings.
It is easy for a person who has not yet victim of sorcellery to say that it does not exist.
it is easy for a person whose country has not yet experienced war to ignite its sparkle anytime this person is angry.
it is easy for a person who knows nothing about the world of spirit to say God does not exist.
But God does exist. You need to know Him and try Him before being sure of that.

The right to choose the way to die and the fact of using it is for people who are afraid they will end their life in suffering.

User avatar
aladrelich
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by aladrelich » Sun May 03, 2015 8:45 am

I don't agree with that. We can't decided about someone life or when we want to die. We have to think what we want to do in our life and who change. We should be thankful that we are alive.

User avatar
alicpryl
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by alicpryl » Wed May 06, 2015 10:42 am

I disagree with that people have the right to die how they choose. The life is an obligation and people can't decide if they want to live or die. We have families and friends who need our love and help. I trust that only God can decide about people's life.

natalianowak
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:09 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by natalianowak » Thu May 07, 2015 7:25 pm

In my opinion life is obligation and people must live. We don't have right to die, when we choose this. Life can be difficult, but on the other hand life can be beautiful. I think, that life is finely obligation and I suppose God gives us life, so we can't decide when someone should die or live.

annmadej
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:12 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by annmadej » Thu May 07, 2015 10:06 pm

In my opinion every human has right to decide how wants to live. We don't have knowledge about somadies feelings, or health. I also think that this right is very important to people who can't live on their own, and they can't change that for their health.

agatawerecka
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by agatawerecka » Fri May 08, 2015 8:36 pm

It seems to me that everyone decides for himself. We should have right to do whatever we want. If someone want to die, we need to let him die. Every man is the architekt of his own fortune.

klamolga
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:33 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by klamolga » Sun May 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Death is an integral part of living. It cannot be separated or treat as something beyond living. As such it is impossible to separate this two. Our lives are leading to ours deaths, and our death is only as good as our life was.‏

Lucywa
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:44 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by Lucywa » Mon May 11, 2015 8:38 pm

In my opinion people should have the right to die how they choose. We decide about our live so why don't we can't decide about our death? Sometimes death is the best option when someone can't live how he or she wants to live. They have problems which are based for example on health. :-(

MajaPu
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by MajaPu » Sun May 24, 2015 2:53 pm

So, all of us have only one life. I believe in think that only we can determine about our life. So, if sb is really sick, seriously ill- like cancer or sth like this and there is no chance for him, why he/she have to suffer? ;-))
For me- everything depends on his/her will.

wiktoriasz
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:14 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by wiktoriasz » Sun May 24, 2015 8:46 pm

In my opinion every person should have a right to make a decision about one's own life. If someone want to die it his private decision. People shouldn't divest other person of life and shouldn't take away someone's choice to die.

OskiDz
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by OskiDz » Wed May 27, 2015 4:33 pm

People have the right to die how they choose, but it is stupid to die before "our time" will come. We should live as long as possible

KubaKoi
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:27 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by KubaKoi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 pm

In my opinion people have the right to die how they choose. Dying is so important thing and if someone wants to die I think we should let him die as he wants to. It is only this person decision and he has the right to decide how to die.

justynasta
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:15 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by justynasta » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:18 pm

For me it's a very hard topic. People have different opinion. I'm still reading, watching and listening to wise people, but I haven't had my opinion yet.

dębskidzik
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:31 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by dębskidzik » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:23 pm

We have only one chance to live so we have to try to be as full of life as possible because it's the simpliest way to happiness

kowalskidzik
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:32 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by kowalskidzik » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:48 am

It's really hard question. I can't answer. I don't know.

Post Reply