Would you like to be famous?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

flowerece
Silver Member

Would you like to be famous?

Postby flowerece » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:06 pm

Would you like to be famous? What are the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:21 pm

I don't think so, I don't like calling people's attention and I like to keep my private life for myself...

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:48 am

Nope, I don't hope.

It is not one of my goals.

It brings me more pressure than pleasure.

Will I waste energy trying to be famous ?

I will never want to be submerged in the medias, by the papparazzi.

Do you want you to be never quiet and light, always known and follown ?

It won't be one of my goals, but it can be (but not necessary) useful (in a limitated context) for others goals (information, conviction, credibility, truth and trust).

But the big risk is to give a wrong picture of the reality, when your pictures takes too much credibility in people's mind.

Shokin

ahmads
Platinum Member

Postby ahmads » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:54 am

It is not one of my goals too as Shokin said ,but I want to be famous .
because :
!- I can talk about many things to many people to make them understand together :idea:
2- I will have much money
3- I will learn all things about people culture

Anahita
Gold Member

Postby Anahita » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:40 pm

hmm .. being famous .. let me see .. *pondering about meaning of life as twiddling her thumbs !* :lol: .. well .. to be honest .. no , never , nada .. i hate of being famous .. its stupid , dangeruos ( for my health ! :lol: ) , wasting time and energy , who does like to lose her/his tranquality and peace for a crowd or medias ? :P .. but well being loved , adored , prasied , appluaded by others is adifferent story ! :wink: oppss ! did i sound so selfish and eager for being at the center stage ?? :lol: :lol: :P

CityYoung
Gold Member

Postby CityYoung » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:57 am

I want to be free .go and come without any one look at me

justinlan
Silver Member

Postby justinlan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:25 am

Well,many people are hamble,and don't like to appeal to others' attention.However,people need fame.Why?To me,human being is an emotional animall.From others' eyes,they can realize their positions of the society,even the sense of the life...The more fames they get ,the more superiority they feel. :wink: Just imagine the situation that few people appreciate you,how do you fell?

Admittly,some people don't care about these at all.Differnt blackgrounds make differnt life.That is human! 8)

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:37 pm

I'm ashamed to admit it but I am a kind of person who likes to draw other people's attention. Not that I am a seekin-attention person but well I can't deny I like when all the eyes are fixed on me. I think I kind of got used to that at my school and I'd miss it if I nobody was looking at me....and that's why I'd love to be famous... :D

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:51 pm

Whether I will be famous is not important for me. What's important is that I want to have money.

Desislava
Silver Member

Postby Desislava » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:15 pm

And what will you do with them?

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:28 pm

illusion wrote:I'm ashamed to admit it but I am a kind of person who likes to draw other people's attention. Not that I am a seekin-attention person but well I can't deny I like when all the eyes are fixed on me. I think I kind of got used to that at my school and I'd miss it if I nobody was looking at me....and that's why I'd love to be famous... :D

Well that's normal. If I was as pretty as you, I wouldn't mind people looking at me either :D

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:48 am

I would hate to be famous. IT must be horrible to be followed around and photographed continually, whether you are looking good/bad. I would like to know that I do well and that I was respected for it; but quietly without any fuss. :oops:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:42 am

Imagine Lady Diana, Bush... even God would be bored that we talk about him. Many people pray to him, and he wants to have the peace, to be quiet, to sleep, maybe to die.

Shokin

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:27 pm

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote:I'm ashamed to admit it but I am a kind of person who likes to draw other people's attention. Not that I am a seekin-attention person but well I can't deny I like when all the eyes are fixed on me. I think I kind of got used to that at my school and I'd miss it if I nobody was looking at me....and that's why I'd love to be famous... :D

Well that's normal. If I was as pretty as you, I wouldn't mind people looking at me either :D

oh Dixie!!!!! :) Thank you, sweetheart! I didn't actually mean I looked pretty. I just have this weird dressing style that not many people accept I mean the punky style not that I undress myself or else. But thanks anyway, you really cheered me up :) Love ya! :D

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:29 pm

shokin wrote:Imagine Lady Diana, Bush... even God would be bored that we talk about him. Many people pray to him, and he wants to have the peace, to be quiet, to sleep, maybe to die.

Shokin

hahhaa lol but God can't die actually, can He? at least not in my religion (I'm a Christian)

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:00 am

God has not the luck to die, before we die.

Let him in peace ! :lol:

Shokin

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:16 pm

shokin wrote:God has not the luck to die, before we die.

Let him in peace ! :lol:

Shokin

:D :D :D :D

turkishselin

Postby turkishselin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:20 pm

I don't wanna be a famous person because in Turkey it s very difficult. if u r a famous person u haven't a private life. u can't be free so I don't wanna it

turkishselin

Postby turkishselin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:26 pm

hahhaa lol but God can't die actually, can He? at least not in my religion (I'm a Christian)

can I ask a question please? I m sorry I don't want to make bad things but I wanna ask this questions. why do u say He to GOD? why don't u say it instead he. do u know it's gender ? (I m a Muslim person so I wondered it don't understand me wrong please)

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:04 pm

turkishselin wrote:

can I ask a question please? I m sorry I don't want to make bad things but I wanna ask this questions. why do u say He to GOD? why don't u say it instead he. do u know it's gender ? (I m a Muslim person so I wondered it don't understand me wrong please)

it's ok. Well in my religion God is Jesus and Jesus is a man wich means he can't be a woman therefore I used He to speak about God. I know in other religion the gender isn't defined but here, where I live we all believe that God is a man...

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:48 pm

illusion wrote:
turkishselin wrote:

it's ok. Well in my religion God is Jesus and Jesus is a man wich means he can't be a woman therefore I used He to speak about God. I know in other religion the gender isn't defined but here, where I live we all believe that God is a man...

Exactly! Jesus was a man and we refer to his father (Jesus being the son of God). 8)

Return to “Ideas and Opinions”