ahmm..a rather technical problem

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Desislava

ahmm..a rather technical problem

Post by Desislava »

hey guys..
I want to change my avatar..but its size's too big. How can I make this kilobytes disappear :roll: I know that you can tell me, so don't just sneak out 8)
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

The first thing you can do is to open it with e.g. PAINT.
Then you click on the button "save", and then you click again. You can also try to bring more variations into it, like "save under..." and to change the data name and so on.
Do for about ten times.
Then you check the file size again.
If this still doesn't help, then there is a simple method to cut the most wasteful aspects on the picture, and to try again.

I'm talking very seriously.
Desislava

Post by Desislava »

Well..Admiral..i tried what you said. Btw I had already resized the photo when you told me...anyway..the magic with the saving repetition didn't work. But thanks to it I saw the other options for not so high-quality pictures..and here I am..you can see me black-and-white :wink: a little scary, don't you think :)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

I think your pic looks really mysterious ;-) I like it! :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

What happened to your old account, Des? :?
Desislava

Post by Desislava »

My account? It has been the same..for 3 years. I just changed the avatar. :P
daimy

Post by daimy »

Hi!
I like to post picture to this forum, can you help me? Thank you
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Desislava wrote:My account? It has been the same..for 3 years. I just changed the avatar. :P
So you used to participate in the old forum right? The member clubhouse? And we had a discussing about cloning people. Right? I used to know a Bulgarian girl from that forum who had the similar ID like yours. We used to exchange PMs, then her ID disappered. I never known what happened to her.... :cry:
quicksilver
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by quicksilver »

daimy wrote:Hi!
I like to post picture to this forum, can you help me? Thank you
I also want to post pictures.In my opinion, if we discuss something , such as the 7 wonders of the world( Dixie 's topic), It will be very interesting and attractive. And i tried to post some pics by " Image" tool, but it didnt work , i dont know why , maybe Josef can change " setting board" to help us?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

quicksilver wrote: I also want to post pictures.In my opinion, if we discuss something , such as the 7 wonders of the world( Dixie 's topic), It will be very interesting and attractive. And i tried to post some pics by " Image" tool, but it didnt work , i dont know why , maybe Josef can change " setting board" to help us?
Josef changed the rules about uploading images :(
Desislava

Post by Desislava »

Well...I joined a couple of years ago...and then I was quite excited about my participation in the forum. But after that my interests changed a little until now..when tracey pulled my attention back here.
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Well...I joined a couple of years ago...and then I was quite excited about my participation in the forum. But after that my interests changed a little until now..when tracey pulled my attention back here.
Yes, we need a revolution
Desislava

Post by Desislava »

I do not think that my returning changes your fate, Admiral. Some things stay the same..for good or not so.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Desislava wrote:Well...I joined a couple of years ago...and then I was quite excited about my participation in the forum. But after that my interests changed a little until now..when tracey pulled my attention back here.
Oh yes, I remember you now. Back then when Scopio was still a moderator only you and me were really active in the that forum. Not many people said anything much. Then you left and I was the only one who was active there :cry: . Gosh, it was such a lonely time. Now it's nice that you're back. Welcome back! :wink:
Desislava

Post by Desislava »

Thanks :) I am glad that you've survived the hardship of loneliness :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Desislava wrote:Thanks :) I am glad that you've survived the hardship of loneliness :lol:
You're not gonna leave again, are you? :wink:
Desislava

Post by Desislava »

Hah...perhaps I will leave one day. Things are really unpredictable and noone knows what will come next. But I will take the most of the present situation, as you should as well. :P
quicksilver
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by quicksilver »

Dixie wrote:
quicksilver wrote: I also want to post pictures.In my opinion, if we discuss something , such as the 7 wonders of the world( Dixie 's topic), It will be very interesting and attractive. And i tried to post some pics by " Image" tool, but it didnt work , i dont know why , maybe Josef can change " setting board" to help us?
Josef changed the rules about uploading images :(
:cry: :cry: Bad news , Dixie!
daimy

Post by daimy »

HI!
I can't post picture , but there are some members can post , ex : lydiaaaaa ( see : " Best country to visit " , page 2 in Adventure & Travel )
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

daimy wrote:HI!
I can't post picture , but there are some members can post , ex : lydiaaaaa ( see : " Best country to visit " , page 2 in Adventure & Travel )
I don't think it is a rule, maybe you just aren't doing it right? I'm not sure but maybe you should try another way. I don't think Joseph would limit you putting pictures on EC just the size of them, maybe they are too big for the site, just like you have to use small files for avatars if you are uploading them :!:
daimy

Post by daimy »

Hi!
Not depend on picture size, because I can not use Img button o
quicksilver
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by quicksilver »

Yes, "Img" doesn't work!We can't use this botton.Maybe this is Josef's rule.
:?