20 minutes a day; that is all it takes!

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

20 minutes a day; that is all it takes!

Post by Shazzam »

I don't think alot of people realise how easy it is to do regular exercise. Most of us do enough and don't realise it either.

All you need to do is a 20 minute walk a day. That is it! If you want to do more, great, if not that is enough.

I can do 20 minutes walk a day just walking around the shops! :oops: :lol: :lol:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well... i must admit that in the beginning i went to the gym just because i was to lean and i thought and my family doctor agreed that i should have more muscles to have more healthy body structure, although right now i feel completely addicted to the physical exercise, a day without go to the gym swim, run or do something else it's weird :wink: i guess i can say that my hobbies in these days are learn english and make exercise 8)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Rui wrote:well... i must admit that in the beginning i went to the gym just because i was to lean and i thought and my family doctor agreed that i should have more muscles to have more healthy body structure, although right now i feel completely addicted to the physical exercise, a day without go to the gym swim, run or do something else it's weird :wink: i guess i can say that my hobbies in these days are learn english and make exercise 8)
I have noticed that too! The more regular you become with exercise the more you need to do it, it becomes part of your daily life. If you miss out on it, it can affect your mood. :wink:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

It is a necessary to do some exercises, stretching before and after a great effort !

Better prevention than guerison !

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:It is a necessary to do some exercises, stretching before and after a great effort !

Better prevention than guerison !

Shokin
I don't think a stroll needs stretching Shokin and lets face it some people are only able to start with a stroll.

Nothing wrong with starting somewhere!!

The old saying a long journey starts 'with one small step'. :wink:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Yes, a stroll is very sportive. :lol:

It is better than sedentarity.

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

What suggestions can you give to people if they only have 20 minutes a day to exercise? What would you suggest that they could do if they couldn't take a walk?

I have one! Clean your house vigorously. I mean really work out, vaccum, dust, clean the showers etc. Do it as fast and as furious as you can. Let's face it it is exercise, maybe not enjoyable but it could be a real test to see how quickly you can do it, and burn calories at the same time. :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

A good exercise :

to carry your girlfriend / boyfriend during these sweety twenty minutes a day. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:A good exercise :

to carry your girlfriend / boyfriend during these sweety twenty minutes a day. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Shokin
OMG you would need a back operation afterwards. :lol: :lol: What about carrying your dog/cat. Not quite as drastic, don't you think? :lol: :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Wearing my cats ? too easy ! :lol:

And I have no pittbull.

You can divide the 20 minutes in 10 * 2 minutes. :mrgreen: (each our !)

You can carry the person by sitting on a sofa or on a chair or on the bed or in the swimming pool. :lol:

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:Wearing my cats ? too easy ! :lol:

And I have no pittbull.

You can divide the 20 minutes in 10 * 2 minutes. :mrgreen: (each our !)

You can carry the person by sitting on a sofa or on a chair or on the bed or in the swimming pool. :lol:

Shokin
Or you cut put a cat in each hand and use them as weights while watching the television :!: :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing like a pussy in each hand. OMG! :oops: :lol: :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't want television ! I want a girl ! with my two cats.

Television is - how many times I will have to say it ? - the worst for sport, for health ! Girls (real girls) are better, so far better !

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't want television ! I want a girl ! with my two cats.

Television is - how many times I will have to say it ? - the worst for sport, for health ! Girls (real girls) are better, so far better !

Shokin
Ok Shokin well we will have to find you some then. Otherwise you will end up old and stuck in front of a box that you hate!! :lol: :lol: (television). :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

In my colocation, we don't have tv. We don't need tv.

The good sense :

Between a girl and a tv, which will you carry gladlier ?

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:In my colocation, we don't have tv. We don't need tv.

The good sense :

Between a girl and a tv, which will you carry gladlier ?

Shokin
Well for me Shokin a TV because I'm a girl and I don't think I would like to carry another girl unless it was my mother or my daughter! :lol: :lol: Plus I find the television useful at times. I don't watch alot of it because I can't stand sitting too long, but at the moment the Australia Open Tennis is on a night here and I love to watch the tennis. :oops: :oops: I would carry the tv.! :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I find a girl much more useful than television. (a tv cannot yet kiss you :lol: :lol: :lol: )

But maybe you find a boy much more useless than television. (television can stay quiet :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Shokin
Golfygirl

Post by Golfygirl »

Jump on a trampoline :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Golfygirl wrote:Jump on a trampoline :lol:
Yes, girl and boy on a trampoline may be funny ! :lol:

Shokin
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: 20 minutes a day; that is all it takes!

Post by sweethuman »

Shazzam wrote:I don't think alot of people realise how easy it is to do regular exercise. Most of us do enough and don't realise it either.

All you need to do is a 20 minute walk a day. That is it! If you want to do more, great, if not that is enough.

I can do 20 minutes walk a day just walking around the shops! :oops: :lol: :lol:
I do it more than 40 minutes a day sometimes 1 hour. I hope it will be helpful for me in my old age. :-P