what is your opinion about bats?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

hereiam
Gold Member

what is your opinion about bats?

Postby hereiam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:20 pm

are in your countries any myths/prejudices/legends towards these mammals?
Maybe you eat them???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bats
Thanks for any suggestions (if any):)

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Now that I am reading Bram Stoker's novel Dracula, you can imagine what my idea of bats is right now :twisted: :roll: :lol:

hereiam
Gold Member

hello Dixie:)

Postby hereiam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:16 pm

That's sounds really interesting.
Unfortunatelly I know very little about Transylvania's vampires:(.
Happy reading!:)

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:37 pm

I hate bats. They're like pigeons. Rats with wings. They carry diseases, but unlike them pigeons are cuter and nicer.

Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Dixie wrote:Now that I am reading Bram Stoker's novel Dracula, you can imagine what my idea of bats is right now :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

Russia vs Bats
similar prejudices like in other countries, bats are considered to be evil creatures! :twisted:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:51 pm

Tora wrote:Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

I read it all the time, I carry it everywhere :lol: Of course I read it before going to bed, too ;) I want to finish it before the end of next week. I really think it's terrifying. I wanted to see the movie based on the book. I started to download Coppola's version of it on emule. Two days ago, I already had 50% of it, but I previewed it and I didn't like it, I freaked out and deleted it... Now I think I am going to download it again.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Tora wrote:Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

Tora I thought about you this morning. I had a nightmare about vampires and sims!!!! :twisted: It turns out I am trying to get one of my Sims into a vampire (I am a rookie about that, I've never done it before), so I dreamt that he was not only a vampire but also real, and he wanted to bite me... I was so scared... His wife was a vampire too and both of them were running after me...

Anahita
Gold Member

Postby Anahita » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:12 am

Dixie wrote:

I read it all the time, I carry it everywhere :lol: Of course I read it before going to bed, too ;) I want to finish it before the end of next week. I really think it's terrifying. I wanted to see the movie based on the book. I started to download Coppola's version of it on emule. Two days ago, I already had 50% of it, but I previewed it and I didn't like it, I freaked out and deleted it... Now I think I am going to download it again.

I have both the book and the movie on dvd and in my opinion the movie is much more better and it's really scary ( and fun ! :lol: 8) ) i think its one of the most tragic love story that i have ever heard :( and when i was watching how Dracula was crying when lost Mina for second time i just felt sympathy for this lonely creature and his sad destiny .. you should see how at the end of movie he looks at Mina's eyes and says " free me .." and then she gives him a kiss and cut his head off with a sword to free his soul from darkness .. :cry: so touching and effective .. :cry:

Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Arale » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:45 am

Bats? :roll: I just see them sometimes in some caves. I think they are good for farmers because bats' food is mice. They aren't so as terrible as in Dracula. Here's some information about bats.

http://www.incrediblebats.com/

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:27 am

Anahita wrote:I have both the book and the movie on dvd and in my opinion the movie is much more better and it's really scary ( and fun ! :lol: 8) ) i think its one of the most tragic love story that i have ever heard :( and when i was watching how Dracula was crying when lost Mina for second time i just felt sympathy for this lonely creature and his sad destiny .. you should see how at the end of movie he looks at Mina's eyes and says " free me .." and then she gives him a kiss and cut his head off with a sword to free his soul from darkness .. :cry: so touching and effective .. :cry:

Anahita you've spoiled the end!!! :(

Anahita
Gold Member

Postby Anahita » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:26 pm

Oopppsss ! :oops: i am so sorry Dixie ! i just love that movie so much ! it makes me cry every time iam watching this scene ! :cry:

Anahita
Gold Member

Postby Anahita » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:33 pm

btw .. i love bats ! i know they look like odd and creepy but still some kinds of them are so cute ! in a freaky way i mean ! :lol: :P

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:30 am

Anahita wrote:Oopppsss ! :oops: i am so sorry Dixie ! i just love that movie so much ! it makes me cry every time iam watching this scene ! :cry:

Ok I will download it again ;) Thanks Anahita :D

Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:18 am

Anahita wrote:when i was watching how Dracula was crying when lost Mina for second time i just felt sympathy for this lonely creature and his sad destiny ..

:oops: I'm really slooow... Sorry. You know, all the ladies (almost) like bad guys, so do i :roll: , when i was reading it i was dreaming about meeting that Drucula some day.. so lonely and miserable, but wise and handsome... Anahita, the end of the original doesn't coincide with the screen-adopted version, am i true? :?:
Dixie, thanks a lot for thinking about me sometimes! :D

sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Re: what is your opinion about bats?

Postby sweethuman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:24 am

They are living their own lives and we are living ours. Nothing to do with them and we shoudnt try to harm them as they are defenseless.

Return to “Ideas and Opinions”