Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CARTOONS

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

who is guilty for unleashing terror

arab countries
8%
islam and arab culture
25%
ben laden and other terrorists supported by arab countries
8%
western world
33%
all humankind
25%
free press
No votes
no one
No votes

Total votes: 12

Monster

Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CARTOONS

Post by Monster »

Hello. Today we all are eyewitnesses of a new circuit of the old conflict between two civilizations western and eastern (Muslim). Arabs all over the world set on fire flags of western countries threaten taking hostages and breaking down western embassies. All this began due to printing some ridiculous pictures of the Muslim prophet in western press.

Who is guilty for this new round of the conflict? Is this a proper reaction of Arab countries to show their resentment?( if it is any base for a resentment at all ) Is this a reaction that belongs to civilized people or to barbarians which are the main threat of democracy ever? If it is the last, the question how we (the free world) should act how we can restrict such a behavior that may lead to worse consequences including death of innocent people. The last is that many Arab’s terrorist organizations want, waiting for every reason to continue bloodshed and by doing so warm up the world
to a new war!

Im sure that these religious fanatics must be stopped at all costs because if they won't be stopped now after will be too late. It is the same situation as was before WW2 when world closed eyes on what was going on in Nazi Germany and when it opened them it was too late.

here are all pictures, thanks to free press and internet :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004413.htm
Last edited by Monster on Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

A very interesting link! A good collection of artwork dating back many centuries can be found there also. I especially liked the medieval painting of our boy Mohammed getting tortured in hell by some demon looking thing.
Monster

Post by Monster »

:lol:
gulf girl

Post by gulf girl »

inter here before writing any single word
http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... hp?t=33159

Peace upon you
I'm a Muslim girl ( Thanks God )
What if the Muslims did the same thing with your monks !!
You will call it a terror !!
But Muslims never do same machinations because they respect all the religious
( but not believe )
It's a real resentment not just a show !!!
By the way ... you don't know what is the real Islam mean ... It's not what you are tought from your presidents (if it is any base to be a president at all !)
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Everyone, this is really a serious problem. There are a lot of attacts in Denmark now because of these cartoon pictures. We can continue our discussion but please respect others' religion as well as respect your friends here. I hope there won't have a battle about this. Thanks! :roll:

_Arale_
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

gulf girl wrote:inter here before writing any single word
http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... hp?t=33159

Peace upon you

What if the Muslims did the same thing with your monks !!
You will call it a terror !!
But Muslims never do same machinations because they respect all the religious
( but not believe )
It's a real resentment not just a show !!!
By the way ... you don't know what is the real Islam mean ... It's not what you are tought from your presidents (if it is any base to be a president at all !)
I sometimes wonder how much Muslims know of the true nature of the world. Your post shows true ignorance of not only history but the world as it is today.

Muslims hoards have already debased monks in history and forced any Christians and Jews still living in lands conquered by the Islamic war lords to PAY A FEE for NOT converting to Islam.

Even today Musllims are BURNING Christian churches.

Does the world get all upset and mad about this as you Muslims are over a few cartoons..........NO THEY DON"T!
Most people recognize everyone's right to speak as they wish. Only Muslims try to force their wishes on the rest of the world. YOU ARE PROOF OF THAT by your rediculous posts about Mohammed.

Now the other thing that you are obviously not aware of is that we who are normal (IE not Muslims) are continually making fun of our own religious figures in cartoons, books and movies. We draw cartoons of our political leaders EVERY DAY. And we say slanderous things about the Queen or president down at the pub after work.

So, we are sure ae hell not going to stop drawing cartoons or saying things about Mohammed. Espesially since Mohammed is DEAD and can no longer make war on innocent people, thank God!!!!

Telling us that we should disrespect Mohammed is the same as telling us not to disrespect ADOLF HITLER.

So why don't you do yourself a favour and keep your religion to yourself. You should be embarrassed to even talk about it. Now go and have a ham sandwich.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I just saw the caricataures and honestly I don't understand what the fuss is all about.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Dixie wrote:I just saw the caricataures and honestly I don't understand what the fuss is all about.
They are really noy that bad, are they. Imagine what would happen if I had drawn them. Quite a few years hollywood mad a film about Mohammed with the actor Anthony Quinn playing MOhammed. The Muslims made such a stink about it that the producers succumed and agreed only to show the actor who was playing Mohammed from behind.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:I just saw the caricataures and honestly I don't understand what the fuss is all about.
Dixie , if you know who is Mohammed correctly you will know what they mean
Last edited by ahmads on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

danyet wrote:
They are really noy that bad, are they. Imagine what would happen if I had drawn them. Quite a few years hollywood mad a film about Mohammed with the actor Anthony Quinn playing MOhammed. The Muslims made such a stink about it that the producers succumed and agreed only to show the actor who was playing Mohammed from behind.
have you saw the messenger
movie for Anthony Quinn??
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

ahmads wrote: have you saw the messenger
I did not see the point in watching this movie since it could not portray Mohammed as he REALLY was.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

ahmads wrote: Dixie , if you know who is Mohammed correctly you will know what they mean
I don't know, I only know I love jokes and people who have a sense of humor, and I can't understand why the world is going mad about some caricatures.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

danyet wrote:
ahmads wrote: have you saw the messenger
I did not see the point in watching this movie since it could not portray Mohammed as he REALLY was.
the nam,e of the film is THe message not the messanger.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
ahmads wrote: Dixie , if you know who is Mohammed correctly you will know what they mean
I don't know, I only know I love jokes and people who have a sense of humor, and I can't understand why the world is going mad about some caricatures.
but certainly you don't like wars ..and blood,,
and you don't like if some one ironic of you to create people hate you and then we get a war((like the wars that were in the middle centuries))).
by a name of religion.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

ahmads wrote: but certainly you don't like wars ..and blood,,
and you don't like if some one ironic of you to create people hate you and then we get a war((like the wars that were in the middle centuries))).
by a name of religion.
OK so who are those who start a war?
lambliver

Post by lambliver »

Im very intrested in these topics which is related to Religion and current affair.

Starting with 11th september, UK's bombing and Baslan attacks, Madrid etc. These bombings attacks are not an islamic behaviour and those who do the attacks are not obeying islamic rules in battles and in what we call it "Jehad". Islam didn't ask to go and kill innocent people, bomb urban places and killing children and women.

The first victim of throat cutting and barbaric act mohamed son "Hussian bin ali ". terroist cut his head and put it on a spear " More information go and read about Karbala ". the first point is, those people who make bombers are not discipline and not obeying islam's jehad rules.

About the cartoon. I dont think that the freedom of press in Denmark should be international, to make fun of a symbol of a religion that has some group of people who are very extremit. This cartton may lead and pron people to risks.

I think that mohamed is a great prophet and mankind. If an artist want to depict he should respect his own character as an artist and other people symbol.

ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
ahmads wrote: but certainly you don't like wars ..and blood,,
by a name of religion.
OK so who are those who start a war?
the people who wants to built hate between people
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

ahmads wrote: the people who wants to built hate between people
And who are they?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Muhammed is the super star of western press/LINK TO CART

Post by Dixie »

Monster wrote:Hello. Today we all are eyewitnesses of a new circuit of the old conflict between two civilizations western and eastern (Muslim). Arabs all over the world set on fire flags of western countries threaten taking hostages and breaking down western embassies. All this began due to printing some ridiculous pictures of the Muslim prophet in western press.
Where's the freedom of speech? Where's the freedom of expression? In the end we won't even be able to say hi to our neighbor.

That reaction is, in my opinion, the result of a lack of schooling and education: educated people will never behave that way. Killing people? Burning buildings? Why? Because of some caricatures? Because of a joke? And don't you even dare tell me that Mohammed this or Mohammed that, this is simply not right. Be clever, learn to laugh at yourselves and you'll have a happier life.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote: That reaction is, in my opinion, the result of a lack of schooling and education: educated people will never behave that way. Killing people? Burning buildings? Why? Because of some caricatures? Because of a joke? And don't you even dare tell me that Mohammed this or Mohammed that, this is simply not right. Be clever, learn to laugh at yourselves and you'll have a happier life.
I want to ask you if someone
produces a film about the sematic what the world will do ?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

ahmads wrote: I want to ask you if someone
Excuse my ignorance, I don't know what sematic is :roll: And, for me, as long as they don't attempt human rights, it's ok!
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
ahmads wrote: the people who wants to built hate between people
And who are they?
the people who don't have open thinking,
regardless their countries .
and we can find a lack of schooling and education anywhere.
and we can't judge people by a group ...for example:
american army and english army burn the MOSQUEs.every day in iraq.
if we judge people by a group so we can say ,,all american are bad ,,and all british are bad too,,
and there are many nationalities:
like Spain army and and and kill people in iraq ..
and the people who have high education mustn't use press to MOCK people ..
Last edited by ahmads on Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
ahmads wrote: I want to ask you if someone
Excuse my ignorance, I don't know what sematic is :roll: And, for me, as long as they don't attempt human rights, it's ok!
I mean judaism
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

and I want to tell you I don't like Burning buildings and and ,,and there are many people here are like me
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
can you tell me what the meaning of human rights is for you(I don't mean you personally ,I mean in the europa )?
P.S:this is a debate.not fighting ,so take my word friendly,,ok
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

ahmads wrote: can you tell me what the meaning of human rights is for you(I don't mean you personally ,I mean in the europa )?
Ahmads I don't think there's a need for me to explain to you what human rights are, you're smart enough.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

ahmads wrote:
Dixie wrote: That reaction is, in my opinion, the result of a lack of schooling and education: educated people will never behave that way. Killing people? Burning buildings? Why? Because of some caricatures? Because of a joke? And don't you even dare tell me that Mohammed this or Mohammed that, this is simply not right. Be clever, learn to laugh at yourselves and you'll have a happier life.
I want to ask you if someone
Did you see Passion of the Christ? The Jews were pissed because they said it was not accurate, but that was all they did. Nothing more!

You guys have to sit back and think about your actions. The more dramatic things you do to get your voices heard about this disrespecting thing, the more people will be scared and have personal prejudice about your religion. Talk about it. Protest. But don't burn down buildings, flags, throw stones, etc.

You said he was sent from God, and you respect him or listen to what he said because it was from God. Then you should realize what you're doing now will be judge by others who think, "Is it really how God wanted these people to behave?" There's a saying in Buddhism said, "If you spit to the sky, your spit will fall back to your face!" It's the same for these caricatures about Muhammad. If you think it's not the truth, then the spit will fall back on them. Think about it!
lambliver

Post by lambliver »

Dixie wrote:
Monster wrote:Hello. Today we all are eyewitnesses of a new circuit of the old conflict between two civilizations western and eastern (Muslim). Arabs all over the world set on fire flags of western countries threaten taking hostages and breaking down western embassies. All this began due to printing some ridiculous pictures of the Muslim prophet in western press.
Where's the freedom of speech? Where's the freedom of expression? In the end we won't even be able to say hi to our neighbor.

That reaction is, in my opinion, the result of a lack of schooling and education: educated people will never behave that way. Killing people? Burning buildings? Why? Because of some caricatures? Because of a joke? And don't you even dare tell me that Mohammed this or Mohammed that, this is simply not right. Be clever, learn to laugh at yourselves and you'll have a happier life.
I dont think Freedom of speech is making a joke of a prophet.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

lambliver wrote:
Is there an internation law says that we can't? :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

lambliver wrote:
Who says that? So do you support those vandalic acts? Do you support murder to justify a joke? Are you insane?
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

LennyeTran wrote:
lambliver wrote:
certainly no,,,
and this answer expresses the difference between humans and robots :idea:
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
ahmads wrote: can you tell me what the meaning of human rights is for you(I don't mean you personally ,I mean in the europa )?
Ahmads I don't think there's a need for me to explain to you what human rights are, you're smart enough.
thank you for calling me smart ...
when I asked you,I meant ,,
the first think in the humans right is:
respect between people ...
the respect between people builds the love not hate
Last edited by ahmads on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

LennyeTran wrote: Did you see Passion of the Christ? The Jews were pissed because they said it was not accurate, but that was all they did. Nothing more!

You guys have to sit back and think about your actions. The more dramatic things you do to get your voices heard about this disrespecting thing, the more people will be scared and have personal prejudice about your religion. Talk about it. Protest. But don't burn down buildings, flags, throw stones, etc.

You said he was sent from God, and you respect him or listen to what he said because it was from God. Then you should realize what you're doing now will be judge by others who think, "Is it really how God wanted these people to behave?" There's a saying in Buddhism said, "If you spit to the sky, your spit will fall back to your face!" It's the same for these caricatures about Muhammad. If you think it's not the truth, then the spit will fall back on them. Think about it!
if you want to solve a problem ,,you must disroot its fundament ,,
don't think about the reaction that has come because of the problem :idea: :idea:
Remanu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Remanu »

Dixie wrote:
lambliver wrote:
Who says that? So do you support those vandalic acts? Do you support murder to justify a joke? Are you insane?
If some newspapers hadn't printed the pictures of Mohammed, there wouldn't have been any attacks. I don't support violated actions but I don't agree with inserting the pictures of Mohammed. It's this action which should be claimed as 'insane' or 'unlettered' because no one has right to draw the portrait of Mohammed, even to express your admiration or respects. That's what everyone should know about Islamic religion. Freedom of speech doesn't mean making others' religions' God a joke. If it's a joke, I have to admit that it's a rediculous joke. I feel sorry for your sense of humour in this point. If Islamics respect Jesus, why don't Christians respect Mohammed? That's just a normal knowledge to comprehend.
Last edited by Remanu on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to be better at English
---A-17-year-old-girl---
Remanu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Remanu »

LennyeTran wrote:
lambliver wrote:
There are no laws of this but there is one natural law that is respect others' religion. That's an infantile thought to insert the pictures of the prophet. :evil:
---A-17-year-old-girl---
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Remanu wrote:
If some newspapers hadn't printed the pictures of Mohammed, there wouldn't have been any attacks. I don't support violated actions but I don't agree with inserting the pictures of Mohammed. It's this action which should be claimed as 'insane' or 'unlettered' because no one has right to draw the portrait of Mohammed, even to express your admiration or respects. That's what everyone should know about Islamic religion. Freedom of speech doesn't mean making others' religions' God a joke. If it's a joke, I have to admit that it's a rediculous joke. I feel sorry for your sense of humour in this point. If Islamics respect Jesus, why don't Christians respect Mohammed? That's just a normal knowledge to comprehend.
OK then, if drawing caricatures is insane, can you please tell me the more appropriate adjective to designate the authors of its consequences and those who agree with that? You do not support violence but you justify those acts?

I've seen the caricatures and I didn't find them funny at all, but I didn't go and burned a building on order to protest. If everytime we see something we don't like or don't agree with we go and do criminal acts, the world will be turned to ashes.

I am so sick of this matter already. I don't like to discuss something which I find so basic. It's like trying to convince someone that the earth is round. Please thinka little. Do the effort, it won't cost you much and you will feel more mature and free.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Remanu wrote: There are no laws of this but there is one natural law that is respect others' religion. That's an infantile thought to insert the pictures of the prophet. :evil:
You know what's infantile? Getting mad for some caricatures.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

what about the time that was chose for publication these caricatures???
Remanu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Remanu »

Dixie wrote: OK then, if drawing caricatures is insane, can you please tell me the more appropriate adjective to designate the authors of its consequences and those who agree with that? You do not support violence but you justify those acts?

I've seen the caricatures and I didn't find them funny at all, but I didn't go and burned a building on order to protest. If everytime we see something we don't like or don't agree with we go and do criminal acts, the world will be turned to ashes.

I am so sick of this matter already. I don't like to discuss something which I find so basic. It's like trying to convince someone that the earth is round. Please thinka little. Do the effort, it won't cost you much and you will feel more mature and free.
You didn't go and burned a building because you aren't a Muslim. You must know that Mohammed means a lot to all Muslims. He is the soul of everyone. And, well, I have to write again, according to Islamics' rule, no one has right to draw his portrait. So don't you think it's insane to insert those caricutures? If the author knew about this, he intended to disrespect Mohammed and Muslims. :twisted: Given that he didn't know it, he was foolish to post them everywhere. Because he doesn't understand anything about Islamic, so who allows him to do that? :evil: The action that 'do what you don't understand', I regard as an infantile one.

You can't burn this world into ashes because you don't like anything. But this problem affects a class of people - Islamics, not any single one. I admit that burning houses or killing people is wrong and not all Islamics do like that. People who are guilty will be punished. I'm still young but it doesn't mean I'm not mature so you don't have to worry about that. After all, the world should learn something from this great lesson. Religions are holy. One, even small, action which profanes any religion will cause such a disaster.
---A-17-year-old-girl---
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

lambliver wrote: I dont think Freedom of speech is making a joke of a prophet.
That is EXACTLY what freedom of speach is all about.

Remanu wrote: There are no laws of this but there is one natural law that is respect others' religion.
There is NO law to respect another's religion. Our law is; If I think that your religion is a joke, I AM ENTITLED TO SAY SO!!!

Remanu wrote:If Islamics respect Jesus, why don't Christians respect Mohammed?
Muslims have NEVER RESPECTED Jesus or Christians. Muslim Fathers and brothers STILL KILL THEIR OWN sisters and daughters for converting to Christianity. Muslims say that Jesus was not GOD!!! Where is your respect????

There is no wonder that there is so much trouble in the middle east if all the people there think like you. One can not even have an intelligent debate with you lot. And quite frankly I don't see the point anymore, anyway. Your true colors have been shown to the world.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

danyet wrote:
Remanu wrote:If Islamics respect Jesus, why don't Christians respect Mohammed?
Muslims have NEVER RESPECTED Jesus or Christians.
actually ,,if you want to be muslim ,,you must believe in Jesus and Moses and all prophets ,,
this is a rule to be muslim ..
so you are wrong .
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

If Islamics respect Jesus, why don't Christians respect Mohammed?
Jesus and Mohammed are prophets, all human beings must respect them.

NO specific religion...
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Remanu wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:
lambliver wrote:
There are no laws of this but there is one natural law that is respect others' religion. That's an infantile thought to insert the pictures of the prophet. :evil:
Do you wanna talk about respecting other religions? Let me show you something about respect...

http://www.rawa.org/statues.htm

Read this whole frigging link and tell me where the heck is the respect???? :x

"The leader of the Taliban Islamic militia in Afghanistan Tuesday shrugged off international condemnation of his order to destroy ancient Buddhist statues, saying "all we are breaking are stones."

Buddha statues are something to us, too. If those guys said what they did was just breaking stones, and they tried to deny the fact that they were not just breaking some stones; they were destroying one of the treasures of human beings. Then let me tell you, those pictures are just simply drawings. Just as much as a Buddha statues caved in the mountain that were destroyed.
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

by the way danyet i know christians they do respect Mohammed and Muslims they do respect Jesus...
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Remanu wrote: People who are guilty will be punished.
This is what I mean by too much violence! If you believe in your religion, does it ever tell you people who are guilty will be punished by GOD on the Judgment Day? Not by you, me, or anyone else except GOD? I thought you believed in God and your Muhammed.... :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Remanu wrote: no one has right to draw the portrait of Mohammed, even to express your admiration or respects. That's what everyone should know about Islamic religion.
Excuse me, we are not Muslims. We do not have to obey your Islamic rules. We obey the international laws. And international laws say nothing about someone doesn't have a right to draw anything if he feels like it. Stop thinking about this whole world as if it's yours. If you think we're violating your laws, you're violating ours! It goes both ways, hun!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

ahmads wrote:
if you want to solve a problem ,,you must disroot its fundament ,,
don't think about the reaction that has come because of the problem :idea: :idea:
And don't you think if you had ignored those stupid drawings, nothing would have happened? Killing people, burning down buildings, throwing stones, chanting "hang the man who disrespects our religion"???? I am in rage. I've never been this mad. Well, I have. Once. It was the time when I was watching those people who got stoned for something they did that had nothing to do with the people who stoned them. :x
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Remanu wrote:
You didn't go and burned a building because you aren't a Muslim.
And every day I thank for this fact.
Remanu wrote: And, well, I have to write again, according to Islamics' rule, no one has right to draw his portrait.
And, well, I have to write again, according to the Internation laws, no one has a right to shut someone up for a picture he drew about someone else. God, prophets, Pope, whatever.... And how do you know they ain't laughing up there? My grandma makes jokes about monks in front of monks, and let me tell you, they laugh. Sometimes they even ask her to make jokes to lighten the moments. If you think your religion is perfect, why don't you try to learn something about the less perfect one to make it more perfect? Try learn to not overreacting about something meaningless! :roll: Go pray. If you go out burning down buildings and killing people, you would miss your praying time.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

LennyeTran wrote: Go pray. If you go out burning down buildings and killing people, you would miss your praying time.
so.. good job you know many things about me .... :!:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Remanu wrote: You didn't go and burned a building because you aren't a Muslim.
This is the funniest thing that someone has told me for months :lol: :lol: So if I was a muslim, I would have burnt down a building? I didn't know I had so much violence inside :shock:

All the things I was going to say to you have been already said by Lennye, so I take her words as mine too. I was going to say exactly the same: maybe your laws forbid you to make any drawings of Mohammed but those are not MY laws. I will do whatever I feel like to do; I, fortunately, live in a free world, not like you. Honestly I think you've been all brainwashed since you were born. I am sorry to put it that way but that's what I think.