Moderator: EC

eman
Rising Star
Rising Star

shy

Post by eman »

hi to all members...

i really have problem with my self..i'm shy person :oops:

i feel very shy when i want to talk to everybody espicall my teacher in my university...i can speak english but i dont have courage to speak..so what sould i do to kill my shy..and be normal person...
:oops: :oops:
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Hi, I'm a shy person too. I'm only confident when I talk about things that I know about. It will take time. Most my friends are talkative and when they talk, I just listen. If you NEED to talk to someone then I would suggest taking deep breathes and try calming yourself. Um, something that helps me with my shyness is chewing gum when I'm nervous; it might be considered rude to some people but it helps me and the person doesn't seem to mind that there's something in my mouth. Being out in the world, I'm not so shy anymore. I even talk to strangers sometimes at the store or someplace I am visiting.
Hope this helps. :D Remember, gum! Hehe.
eman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by eman »

like what you said :cry:Most my friends are talkative and when they talk, I just listen.it is also happing to me,i try mant times to do what you said,but i felt every time..when somebody heard my feeling i allready start crying..but
thanks honey, my dear for your helping..i will try
:wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

FIVER wrote:HMost my friends are talkative and when they talk, I just listen.
That happens to me, too. When I am with a group of people and they start talking, I don't. I just listen. I am shy too :oops:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Dixie wrote: That happens to me, too. When I am with a group of people and they start talking, I don't. I just listen. I am shy too :oops:
Yeah, Dix. We've noticed that on skype. :wink:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

FIVER wrote: I even talk to strangers sometimes at the store or someplace I am visiting.
:o I wish I were able to do that.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Lalee wrote: Yeah, Dix. We've noticed that on skype. :wink:
That's mean. I still haven't sorted it out :(
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Dixie wrote: That's mean. I still haven't sorted it out :(
Too bad. I really wanted to hear your voice. :cry:
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

I don't in general,,but sometimes I feel I am shy ,,specially when I talk with girls ,,
and I have a problem with shy people :lol: specially with girls too
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hi dear . How's it going about yor Shy personality?
Sometimes is not too bad to be shy. I mean, I'm a shy person but I'm sure about myself..!!! The most important thing is that you have to be yourself and love yourself and yours.!!!

I'm a shy person, but sometimes I have to go out of that shynees world because of the situation. Its' reflected here, by the way. You can notice it that I haven't posted here since Decembere or January.. I've been reading the others instead. Why? Because I feel that I don't know what to say on one of those Topics or conversations!!!! But it's ok!!!

As I said before, be yourself. I know you'll a a great like..( I know you've got it)

Enjoy the life. KISSES.! :P
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

Oriani wrote:I'm a shy person, but sometimes I have to go out of that shynees world because of the situation. Its' reflected here, by the way. You can notice it that I haven't posted here since Decembere or January.. I've been reading the others instead. Why? Because I feel that I don't know what to say on one of those Topics or conversations!!!! But it's ok!!!
Just say whatever comes to your mind at the moment. You don't have to be shy. No one minds. It is all about your opinions here and no one can do anything about it. You are even shy on the internet? :shock:
eman
Rising Star
Rising Star

but what about crying

Post by eman »

akey members...everyone has his personality but my own is very rude..
what will you do if somebody hurt your feeling?
about me i start crying when i want to talk to this person ,i can defened my self,,,i dont know why..?

:( :? :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: but what about crying

Post by Dixie »

eman wrote:akey members...everyone has his personality but my own is very rude..
about me i start crying when i want to talk to this person ,i can defened my self,,,i dont know why..?

If the person who hurts my feelings is someone I love, I would feel really miserable and even cry. I cry for everything, now that I think of it. Oh I hate myself. I wish I was stronger.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: but what about crying

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:
eman wrote:akey members...everyone has his personality but my own is very rude..

If the person who hurts my feelings is someone I love, I would feel really miserable and even cry. I cry for everything, now that I think of it. Oh I hate myself. I wish I was stronger.
Ladies you almost have to admit me to your offence-and-crying club! :cry: I can't argue at all, when someone hurts me I burst out crying, feel so miserable and loved-by-no-one... and go away! If it's someone close or elder or one who you respect i behave that way, otherwise I try not to notice offence! :cry:

Dixie! Please, don't say that you hate yourself! :!: Never! It's no good! You should love yourself as you are! I was given this advice so often, but I refuse to follow it anyhow :oops:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

You're right, Tora. Thank you. I believe that if you don't love yourself, nobody will. So we should learn to love ourselves first... As hard as it can seem for some :roll:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Reading through these posts I noticed everyone who wrote something in here admits they are a shy person...Are you really that shy? It's just really weird to me. My mum always taught me to speak my mind freely and frankly having no fear whatsover and I guess that's why I grew up feeling really secure about myself and self-confident. Even the people I spend most of my time with aren't shy at all. I actually know very few people who are shy...I think the best way to fight off your shyness is deliberately getting into all sorts of situation that you feel really shy and uncomfortable with. It's the advice I heard the psychologists usually give to shy people becuse when you learn to cope with all sorts of stressful situations you will be able to overcome your shyness. I also heard that smiling might be helpful because when you smile you stilmulate your brain and you feel better. :)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

illusion wrote:Reading through these posts I noticed everyone who wrote something in here admits they are a shy person...Are you really that shy? It's just really weird to me. My mum always taught me to speak my mind freely and frankly having no fear whatsover and I guess that's why I grew up feeling really secure about myself and self-confident. Even the people I spend most of my time with aren't shy at all. I actually know very few people who are shy...I think the best way to fight off your shyness is deliberately getting into all sorts of situation that you feel really shy and uncomfortable with. It's the advice I heard the psychologists usually give to shy people becuse when you learn to cope with all sorts of stressful situations you will be able to overcome your shyness. I also heard that smiling might be helpful because when you smile you stilmulate your brain and you feel better. :)
Mal, your post really encouraged me. I know it must be hard to face a situation you feel uncomfortable with but that's the way it must be done. Thanks for your advice... I liked the smiling part. I think it's so true.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

today I spoke in front of 20 persons ,,,i made a presentation about how to use your free time usefuly ?.
I typed it and printed it out.
but unfortunately when I started to speak ,I forgot all things that I wrote ,although I put my paper beside me ,
and I couldn't read what I wrote .
and I started to imagine another things to say .
Omg!!! I think that shying transports from one to one :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

ahmads wrote:today I spoke in front of 20 persons ,,,i made a presentation about how to use your free time usefuly ?.
I typed it and printed it out.
but unfortunately when I started to speak ,I forgot all things that I wrote ,although I put my paper beside me ,
and I couldn't read what I wrote .
and I started to imagine another things to say .
Omg!!! I think that shying transports from one to one :lol:
But it all turned out well, right?

It's happened to me, too! Then I try to pretend and especially not to get nervous.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
But it all turned out well, right?
mummm.... :lol: it was very very funny .. :lol:
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
It's happened to me, too! Then I try to pretend and especially not to get nervous.
what about people who have been listening to you ?
have you seen a strange acts of them?
I saw many strange acts :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

ahmads wrote: what about people who have been listening to you ?
Like for example? :D
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:
ahmads wrote: what about people who have been listening to you ?
People may have been throwing papers at him! :lol: :lol: :roll:

Ahmed (also known as Ahmads)! Please don't take me serious, i have a giggling and laughing mood that night! Nothing personal! I have a weird sence of humor... Sorry if something I do is wrong! Just give me the notification!
I like you all, pals! :wink: :D :lol:
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Tora wrote:

Sorry if something I do is wrong! Just give me the notification!
You didn't make anything .
I am not beast :lol:
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
like someone was looking at the ciling.
and someone beats it nick ..
and someone >>>I want to go to bathroom :lol:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

ahmads wrote:
Tora wrote:

Sorry if something I do is wrong! Just give me the notification!
You didn't make anything .
I am not beast :lol:
I know you are not! :lol: :lol:
Nor me... :P
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Tora wrote: Nor me... :P
:? certainly
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, making a rewind to this thread i just would like to say that those who cry when they are facing something hard for them are probably the strongest persons, unfortunately im not one of them... it must be good to show that something its not well with us and not trying to be all the time pretending the things are ok, is just a thought... :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:well, making a rewind to this thread i just would like to say that those who cry when they are facing something hard for them are probably the strongest persons
Unfortunately I don't agree with you, I cry for everything, and I don't think that shows I'm strong, just on the contrary, I am weak, so weak, I wish I wasn't like that. :(
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
Unfortunately I don't agree with you, I cry for everything, and I don't think that shows I'm strong, just on the contrary, I am weak, so weak, I wish I wasn't like that. :(
:shock: Wow, I never imagined seeing those words from you. You didn't seem to be a person who cried for everything to me. Anyway, I think crying is quite nice since it releases your stress from the pain faster. I hadn't been able to cry for years until the days my favorite dwarf hamsters died. Both times of crying felt really nice.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:
Rui wrote:well, making a rewind to this thread i just would like to say that those who cry when they are facing something hard for them are probably the strongest persons
I agree with any single Dixie's word! It's embarassing and annoying! I see that I can't control my feelings, can't pretend to be strong (I wish I were), like Margaret Tetchier :wink: ! In my opinion a lady nowadays have to be as stern as men usually are! In order to succed in career... :roll: I may be wrong... in expressing my opinion... don't be cruel!
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

FIVER wrote:
Oriani wrote:I'm a shy person, but sometimes I have to go out of that shynees world because of the situation. Its' reflected here, by the way. You can notice it that I haven't posted here since Decembere or January.. I've been reading the others instead. Why? Because I feel that I don't know what to say on one of those Topics or conversations!!!! But it's ok!!!
Just say whatever comes to your mind at the moment. You don't have to be shy. No one minds. It is all about your opinions here and no one can do anything about it. You are even shy on the internet? :shock:
Oh Hi, Thanks for your advise. It was very kinf of you. I'll do my best so that I can be able to posting frequency. About our friend that is a kind of shy in his life, maybe because "sometimes"(because of the feelings, pain or others) doesn't fell secure about himself. the same hapens to me, but as I said before the most important thing is love yourself and trust the voive within you. If somebody hurts your feelings? Everybody does it. Even we do it, but we do not notice it. We have to be carefull with it...
flower.

Post by flower. »

it's really sweet :oops:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

Tora wrote:
Dixie wrote:
I agree with any single Dixie's word! It's embarassing and annoying! I see that I can't control my feelings, can't pretend to be strong (I wish I were), like Margaret Tetchier :wink: ! In my opinion a lady nowadays have to be as stern as men usually are! In order to succed in career... :roll: I may be wrong... in expressing my opinion... don't be cruel!

well ladies.. i see the things exactly from the other side, if you show your feelings to the others its because you are strong enough to show what is inside of you, and if that is not to be strong, tell me what it is...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote: well ladies.. i see the things exactly from the other side, if you show your feelings to the others its because you are strong enough to show what is inside of you, and if that is not to be strong, tell me what it is...
I don't think we are talking about exactly the same thing here :roll:
widad

Post by widad »

hi to all

i really have problem with my self..It's embarassin and annoyin actually i can understand and speak english but
i feel very shy when i want to talk to any one plz help me out to improve my english :( :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

widad wrote:hi to all

i really have problem with my self..It's embarassin and annoyin actually i can understand and speak english but
i feel very shy when i want to talk to any one plz help me out to improve my english :( :cry:
Join us on one of our Skype conversations! ;)
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Dixie wrote:
Rui wrote: well ladies.. i see the things exactly from the other side, if you show your feelings to the others its because you are strong enough to show what is inside of you, and if that is not to be strong, tell me what it is...
I don't think we are talking about exactly the same thing here :roll:
That's true... :( I talk about something negative that's better be hidden... Like not to show that you are anxious or annoyed by sombody or something, or you are down inside and cheerful and good-looking "outside". I'm not talking about sharing my feelings and thoughts, I have to have courage to share it as I can be misunderstood sometimes... My mom says when I'm disappointed it's written on my face, though I don't want to show it...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Tora wrote: My mom says when I'm disappointed it's written on my face, though I don't want to show it...
Same happens to me. When I am upset, I can't hide it, as hard as I try to.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
Tora wrote: My mom says when I'm disappointed it's written on my face, though I don't want to show it...
Same here. I cannot act. When I'm annoyed, people can totally tell.
widad

Post by widad »

Dixie wrote:
widad wrote:hi to all

Join us on one of our Skype conversations! ;)
:D thank you dear .....plz dont mind tell me again where i have to join :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

widad wrote:
:D thank you dear .....plz dont mind tell me again where i have to join :roll:
Download Skype (http://www.skype.com) and if you have a mic we can chat! :D
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

Dixie wrote: I cry for everything, and I don't think that shows I'm strong, just on the contrary, I am weak, so weak, I wish I wasn't like that. :(
wow, i didn't know you were..i mean.. reading from your posts..
anyway, like you said.. gosh i cry for everything too..and how i wish i wasn't that weak.. i have shallow tears, my friends know and accept me, but it couldd've been better if i was stronger.

i also don't voice out my opinions that often, even on forums, i admit, it was only here that i would sometimes defend my opinions :oops: :oops: .. i'm hesitant because i might say something wrong..
When all else fails..don't stop.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Dixie wrote:
yeah me too. and in addition usually when I am angry or upset I just can't focus on anything at all until the emotions are gone and usually it takes me a while to get rid of all the negative feelings... :(
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

put a k instead of h !

Shokin
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shokin wrote:put a k instead of h !

Shokin
Wow Shokin I liked that... So sweet.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Dixie wrote:
shokin wrote:put a k instead of h !

Shokin
Wow Shokin I liked that... So sweet.
what's that about? :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

illusion wrote: what's that about? :?
The title of the post... Shokin said, change the h for a k :D
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote: what's that about? :?
The title of the post... Shokin said, change the h for a k :D

ohhhh I get it now... lol that was funny :D
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

TearHere wrote:
i also don't voice out my opinions that often, even on forums, i admit, it was only here that i would sometimes defend my opinions :oops: :oops: .. i'm hesitant because i might say something wrong..

me too.
even sometimes i know i am right or my opinion is better than others, i dont wnat express either. that is why i hate group assignemnt. u must say yr opinion and debate others to support yr idea. i hate argue.
i am shy person,too. that is why i like wearing cap. because wearing a cap, u cannot see anybody's eyes, and you dont need to say hello to others. and people also cannot see u.

i am downloading the skype now. :wink: :twisted: :P