"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Norshan wrote:ofcourse it should not be allowed at all and even to think about it !! first of all coz it is not allowed in any religion and god has a wisdom to allow or not allow things even if we don"t know why it is allowed or not!! and when we think about it..it is something strange !! coz everything in our life is male and female..animals,plants,humans..there is a balance in our life so why we wanna destroy it !!

So, you think that there's no sexual orientation of one species to another species of the same sex happening animals? :?

TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:42 am

Norshan wrote:ofcourse it should not be allowed at all and even to think about it !! first of all coz it is not allowed in any religion and god has a wisdom to allow or not allow things even if we don"t know why it is allowed or not!! and when we think about it..it is something strange !! coz everything in our life is male and female..animals,plants,humans..there is a balance in our life so why we wanna destroy it !!

hi there... you said that it is not allowed in any religion.. i'm just wondering if you had any basis?.. see.. i have read an article about homosexuality.. and it says.. Not all world religions have a problem with homosexuality; many sects of Buddhism, for example, celebrate gay relationships freely and would like to have the authority to make them legal marriages.. ( http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm )..

..i've been contemplating on this homosexuality issue recently having read the pro's side..

LennyeTran wrote: Christians said Jesus died for ALL sins, which means including heterosexuals AND homosexuals. However, there are maybe many things that I don't know why the Church go against the idea of God is all loving and caring for humankind to forbid their marriages. And I'm gonna find out....

right..i'm a christian. and like you, i'm finding out things a step at a time. what's nice about talking about this homosexuality issue is that, we get to open our minds to different views of different peoples. my religion and ethics teacher and I are gonna meet next monday, and this issue is very timely because we are talking about this issues... i'll see what i would be learning.. anyhow, i appreciate your views, it has really helped me in weighing things... and by the way, i also have gay friends, and i respect them too.. :wink:

until next time.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:02 am

TearHere wrote:
hi there... you said that it is not allowed in any religion.. i'm just wondering if you had any basis?.. see.. i have read an article about homosexuality.. and it says.. Not all world religions have a problem with homosexuality; many sects of Buddhism, for example, celebrate gay relationships freely and would like to have the authority to make them legal marriages.. ( http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm )..

..i've been contemplating on this homosexuality issue recently having read the pro's side..

Have you ever come across to read this article yet, tearhere? I think it's pretty interesting to open an accurate view for the Buddhists about this issue and how a Buddhist should react upon this problem, you know.

http://www.buddhanet.net/homosexu.htm

TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:35 am

LennyeTran wrote:
TearHere wrote:Have you ever come across to read this article yet, tearhere? I think it's pretty interesting to open an accurate view for the Buddhists about this issue and how a Buddhist should react upon this problem, you know.

http://www.buddhanet.net/homosexu.htm

thanks. it really helped. about the accuracy, i acknowledge my mistake of not finding really precise articles. next will be better, more accurate.

have a nice day.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:42 am

TearHere wrote:thanks. it really helped. about the accuracy, i acknowledge my mistake of not finding really precise articles. next will be better, more accurate.

have a nice day.

What I meant by accurate was that even within Buddhists, we still have our differences about this view. Most people in my family think this is a sin although we are Buddhists. And a lot of Buddhists in Vietnam I know think the same way. I think it's a part of the culture we're raised in that leads them to this point. To me, they've gone against what a real Buddhist should think and react. Therefore, it's nice to me to have this article from Buddhist site for Buddhists. It's more convincing.

Norshan

Postby Norshan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:03 am

So, you think that there's no sexual orientation of one species to another species of the same sex happening animals? :?[/quote]
ofcourse there is not between the same sex !! :shock:
may i know how old are you lennytran?

Norshan

Postby Norshan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:38 am

Hi TearHere..do you think an article is a basis ?! from where this article? my religion is islam..and it is not allowed in islam..ofcourse i've basis from quraan..and m sure that it is not allowed in christian!! try to search in the oppesite side for this issue..and then i wanna know your opinion plz..

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:11 am

Norshan wrote:ofcourse there is not between the same sex !! :shock:
may i know how old are you lennytran?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_an ... l_behavior

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

And what does my age have anything to do with this topic, I may ask?

Norshan

Postby Norshan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:17 pm

Hi LennyeTran..nothing i just wanted to know if you r studying in school or in uni. or may be working..thats it !!
never mind if you don't wanna tell me your age..no problem..
what do you think about your question to me?

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:38 pm

Norshan wrote:what do you think about your question to me?

Read the links and enlighten yourself with the scientific facts of life. :wink:

kitshen

Postby kitshen » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:02 pm

well,in fact,i think everyone has the rights to choose the life by himself.According to this question,i think "marriges"between the same sex is acceptable.It should be legal because we should respect these people's own choice.although i won't do this,hehe~ 8)

Norshan

Postby Norshan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:47 am

thanks LennyeTran..i enlighten myself..so what?!
do you wanna humans be and do like animals ?! our god makes many differents between humans and animals..so we are humans and must behave as humans !!

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Norshan wrote:thanks LennyeTran..i enlighten myself..so what?!
do you wanna humans be and do like animals ?! our god makes many differents between humans and animals..so we are humans and must behave as humans !!

If you had enlightened yourself with the scientific facts of life, then you should have known that homosexuality was a common thing within animal species. This is not something unnatural to get all grossed out and prejudiced about. So what if we are humans? I must remind you that humans are just one species in the classification of animal kingdom as like other animals. Some people behave even worse than animals, so don't sit there and get all superior and narrow-minded about things around you.

Well, believing in a religion is good; however, if a religion tells you that something is bad and you should be against it, for example, homosexuality, then you should question it yourself. "Love the humankind; love thy neighbors" et cetera is a basic rule in any of the holy books. Does that rule only apply on heterosexuals? And why some people live their lives different than yours can't get treated the same when they're just as humans as you are??? What gives you the right to get all supreme to judge their love is wrong?

TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:41 am

LennyeTran wrote:

Well, believing in a religion is good; however, if a religion tells you that something is bad and you should be against it, for example, homosexuality, then you should question it yourself. "Love the humankind; love thy neighbors" et cetera is a basic rule in any of the holy books. Does that rule only apply on heterosexuals? And why some people live their lives different than yours can't get treated the same when they're just as humans as you are??? What gives you the right to get all supreme to judge their love is wrong?

i've realized this.. in my religion, my teacher told me that, God doesn't hate people, it's what they do(bad things and the like..) that he wants to be changed..

so i've realised that it applies with homos as well..as long as they do not hurt or harm other people there's no reason for me to judge 'em (though i admit before, i had a preconceived opinion about this issue, now the picture is quite clear.. thanks to some people :wink: ..)

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:10 am

TearHere wrote:
i've realized this.. in my religion, my teacher told me that, God doesn't hate people, it's what they do(bad things and the like..) that he wants to be changed..

I'm sorry I don't quite understand this part. :?

TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:02 am

LennyeTran wrote:
TearHere wrote:

I'm sorry I don't quite understand this part. :?

what about it.. as in everything?.. i explain really bad.. :roll: i know..
anyway.. that's what she told me..see my classmate raised a Q about God forgiving homos.. and that's what she said..

oh i kind of see my fault now..was it the "so i realized that it applies to homos as well..." phrase that confused you and what my upper statement had to do with it??..
gosh i'm lost.. really bad bad english..

or did you mean by "I don't quite understand this part" is for me to explain the statement?...

sorry... i'm slow for the moment..... :oops:

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:49 pm

Oh, I meant what did you mean by he wants to be changed? I was confused by that part. Sorry, I forgot to bold that part.

TearHere
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:03 am

LennyeTran wrote:Oh, I meant what did you mean by he wants to be changed? I was confused by that part. Sorry, I forgot to bold that part.

oh that...he doesn't want us to do such things... oh gosh.. still can't get it?.. nevermind..heheh..

gotta go.. my computer addict brotheeeeerrrr is gona take over :evil: oohh.. how i hate it when i have to let him use the pc.. but i just can't say no either... :evil:

see yah..
When all else fails..don't stop.

tikay
Gold Member

Re: Marriage of the same sex

Postby tikay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:23 am

Lac wrote:To my personal view, its's entirely uncacceptable in any society.
The term "marriage" is often defined as the combination between two opposite sex. It means that it claims two different elements modified or complemented together for having the following consequences. Talking about "marriage", one frequently thinks about love, delivery, family, duty etc...
I am suspicious of a real love in the marrage of the same sex. Do they have anything offered together? Do they come with each other through a real love ? Of course they themselves - gay, lesbians- might have lots of reasons to explain their actions as well as the meaning of "real love".
No bad consequences have been found scientifically from marriage of the same sex. It's just regarded as something unusual in a morden society. But some developed countires approved it officially, and people looks tolerant towards such couples involved. Sex story is a quite private thing and which way to choose in marriage is also private.
Actually, why we forbid such unnatural marriage legally and constitutionally ? It might be contradictory to our current views but how can we know in future or a few more years ?
Marriage of the same sex brings no notion of "husband", "wife","dad" "mother", "kids", "uncle", "aunt". It seems to upset all of ordinary conception that has often been recognized as common standard for a happy family.
The topic given by Lenny TRAN is quite wide, not limited and commented in just few messages. The problem is that we should not condemn it as anything horrible like many asian countries have. It is neccessary to have an appropriate resolution to it rather than expressing morally disapprovals against it.

Lac

I have made bold the two statements you made that bother me the most, at the moment and italisized the one that made me laugh the most....and I must add that you have answered it perhaps by a freudian [sic] slip ...with "of course" immediately beginning your next sentence...very cute! But then I am so sleepy I must be getting hysterical...
In my sometimes flawed opinion...your first problem is the very suspicion of the love between two human beings who have the same sort of heart as any other human...tell me how could they love any differently?
If they have found a way to cheat their hearts and love the ones they do not feel love for while forgetting the love they feel for the same sex ...well now that would be a great scientific discovery! Right? It would be like cheating death!
And before turning in I must say that you have it all wrong about the family bit....but then you wouldnt know that unless you had spent time with all your gay friends and family members as I have... there is the same exact sort of dynamic of which you speak, it is just that the aunties might be men and the uncles women...and the like.
Good night! and Good Luck!

tikay
Gold Member

Postby tikay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:36 am

[quote="Norshan"]ofcourse it should not be allowed at all and even to think about it !! first of all coz it is not allowed in any religion and god has a wisdom to allow or not allow things even if we don"t know why it is allowed or not!! and when we think about it..it is something strange !! coz everything in our life is male and female..animals,plants,humans..there is a balance in our life so why we wanna destroy it !![/quote]

Tikay:
Did you know that God has created...for those who believe in God.... that fish exist, who will actually change their sex....now tell me why why would a dissapproving God do this? What on earth could it mean? Also has everyone forgotten about such things as the hermaphrodite?
I am being a bit too catty maybe but I am very tired...yet I can't stop reading the posts.

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”