If you are sick...

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Katy

If you are sick...

Post by Katy »

I think everybody has own way to help yourself, when you are sick...
Let's share experience...
Traditional russian remedy for a cold is to drink hot milk with honey or vodka with pepper :shock: But it doesn't help me :cry:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: If you are sick...

Post by Shazzam »

Katy wrote:I think everybody has own way to help yourself, when you are sick...
Traditional russian remedy for a cold is to drink hot milk with honey or vodka with pepper :shock: But it doesn't help me :cry:
Some of the old remedies are brilliant. My mother says if you feel that you are getting a sore throat; boil some water and add one tablespoon of salt. Let it chill and keep it in the bathroom. Every time you go in the bathroom gargle some of it and spit it out. It works; I know it sounds strange but I have done this for years and it definately fixes a sore throat.

Another old family remedy is for bee stings. You pull the sting out with tweezers and then you make a paste from bi-carb soda and water (thick) and you apply this to the sting area. It stops swelling and reduces the pain from the sting. 8)
minasyu

Post by minasyu »

When I am sick, my mother world just asks me to go to doctors, ask me to sleep more, to take a rest, etc. I always get sick; my mother said that may due to the fact that I have no traditional Chinese soup to drink and have pressure. Therefore, I believe that traditional Chinese soup can make us healthier.

Nevertheless, Chinese people have some drinks with traditional formulas in order to make our body back into a good situation. However, those drinks with traditional formulas are different in different shops or by different people as the traditional formulas are not unitary formulas.
khorshid

Post by khorshid »

Hello.
If you have cough ,you can use Tee with honey.A spoon honey in a cup of Tee.you can add some fresh limone joice too.
If you have sore throat , boild water with salt for gragle (after get cold) is a good choice.
you can use vit c, in some fruits like orange , tomaten ... to decrease the sickness period.
and the onion soup is very good for common cold. :wink:
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

yes......that's right...sometime you should to know so many difference form every country...every country have their difference of climate ...so , people would have a change to suitable for everything....it seem like so many west like to ate rub beef but asia not like that.. as you know that..russian so cold...drink hot milk should be good for them ....
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

Traditional russian remedy for a cold is to drink hot milk with honey or vodka with pepper :shock: But it doesn't help me :cry:me :cry:
yes......that's right...sometime you should to know so many difference form every country...every country have their difference of climate ...so , people would have a change to suitable for everything....it seem like so many west like to ate rub beef but asia not like that.. as you know that..russian so cold...drink hot milk should be good for them .... [/quote]
amanita

Post by amanita »

first when i get cold i don`t use any medicine because i belive the term of cilding is about 7 days and after that you get well 8) .but if you want to get well faster, you can eat hot soup with a lot of pepper.it must be useful :wink:
I love Badminton very much!