Chat or Talk with Friends?What's best??

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

AnastasiaP

Chat or Talk with Friends?What's best??

Postby AnastasiaP » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:28 pm

What is the best ? To chat with our best friends online, or to talk to them directly ?
Reply me your opinion.. By the way , my opinion is that both are nice :D

:idea: http://www.e-english.us Admin :idea:

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:38 pm

I agree with you! Both are great. Although I think we should never neglect our "real" friends for our internet friends.

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:02 pm

Dixie wrote:I agree with you! Both are great. Although I think we should never neglect our "real" friends for our internet friends.

that's exactly what I think too :)

Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby Oriani » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi there!! Well, I agree with the girls, but there's something that I want to say as weel. I think that when u begin a friendship with someone u have never seen before; without see his/her face nd touch and other kinds of things, it becomes more interesting how the "words" can be a nice way to discover the real person we are, well, that's my case.

The other point is that "both" ways ( online or not) are good. Why? Because it lets u know u know who are your real friend and those who really take your friendship and your heart seriously. I think. However, seeing your friends everyday , or at least you know u can see them, visit them,meet them etc, it makes u feel that you're not alone and that u can find them .. mm...maybe everytime u need them..!! Friends on line? ALSO!! Why?? In my case, when I don't find one of my friends, I connect and find other ones who givi me some good advise,they help me, I get to know some other things and etc....

All kind of friends are good for you because it shows u that you're a real peson with a very big heart to share..!!!

That's my point of view. :P

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:22 pm

Agree with you, Oriani ;)

AnastasiaP

Oriani :)

Postby AnastasiaP » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:58 pm

Oriani , I tottaly agree with you .. I wouldnt consider to divide my friends in 'Real'Ones and 'Net'Ones , my online friends are real persons too , with feelings , with needs , with little thing , good or bad a human has.. :D I know lots of people but i have very few BEST friends.. they are about a couple in real life and online .. and they are very important to me .. What I have to admit is that , the internet friends are the ones i m seeing most. It seems we share the same interests and the business of all of us are based on the computer so that we can always take a look for eachother.

AnastasiaP

OOPS

Postby AnastasiaP » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:01 pm

i wanted to correct a typo , but i dont remember what it was !!!! LOL :lol: i think it was the ..... things* .. not sure lol

Oriani

Re: Oriani :)

Postby Oriani » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:35 pm

AnastasiaP wrote:Oriani , I tottaly agree with you .. I wouldnt consider to divide my friends in 'Real'Ones and 'Net'Ones , my online friends are real persons too , with feelings , with needs , with little thing , good or bad a human has.. :D I know lots of people but i have very few BEST friends.. they are about a couple in real life and online .. and they are very important to me .. What I have to admit is that , the internet friends are the ones i m seeing most. It seems we share the same interests and the business of all of us are based on the computer so that we can always take a look for eachother.

It's true... The most important thing is that you can feel comfortable with all those friends, the on line ones and net ones, I mean, If u really feel that u can trust in someone and get along well with him, GO AHEAD...!!! That will be great for you....!!!! Very interesting how people can be open minded.. That's cool! :D

Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Arale » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:49 am

Oriani wrote:All kind of friends are good for you because it shows u that you're a real peson with a very big heart to share..!!!

Very great idea, dear Oriani! :D I agree that if you are good to other people, they will be good back to you, of course. All people have both good and bad sites. No one is absolutelly either good or bad, I believe that. When we turn our good site to others, how could they turn the opposite, right? :wink:

Anyway, I also think both ways are nice. But talking directly and chatting are very different. Sometimes, we can't talk everything when we face to face while we can express all with online friends.

_Arale_

AnastasiaP

Postby AnastasiaP » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:39 am

I spend most of my day online ..I like speaking English and practising it .. :))) My dearest chatter that i m seeing everyday is from the US and we are 'together' more than one year :)

storm

Postby storm » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:25 pm

hello! I just want to say that I totally agree with your statement..
In my opinon...interent is a great plattform to find new friends and interresting people...
first time I saw this chat I feld very embarrased and shy...but it works and I love it to find new friends within improving my english...
for me... I know such a lot of people but only a few are the real friends( I think)... and I think sometimes it´s better to have only a few friends who stands to you in every part of live (sounds a little bit wrong, dosen´t it?). Isn´t it true?

Rui
Gold Member

Postby Rui » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:05 pm

yeah, it's definitely much easier to write than speak... but this i cant tell you even in my own language :wink: this because we arent seeing the receptor but just the words he/she say, and you know how it's difficult to say something when someone tells you that terrible sentence.. "say that looking in my eyes" :lol:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:56 pm

En each modus y medium communicandi there are advantages and disadvantages.

Talking face-to-face : the best one, according to me : there is something that there is nowhere else : a real feedback ; you can touch and smell the other person, you can realmente see this person (not only a picture) ; you can really work or play together. I think this real feedback depends on the more-than-continuous communication (smile, hands, voice, clothes, etc.). In the others moda y media communicandi, there is not this continuity (eventually in chat and phone).

Chat : there is an interactivity, but not as real/strong as in talking face-to-face. But you cannot take time to think about what you will say. You get more reactive than reflexive (concentration for saying things well and coherently).

Forum : the interactivity is not as "fast" and apparent as in chat and talking face-to-face but can be much more structured, "deep" (not the same meaning as "deep" in face-to-face relation) : you can concentrate your attention (perceptivity, receptivity, conceptivity) much more (totally) into the meaning of the written message, being less influenced by the person. That's why many people, who don't like unstructured discussion, prefer the virtual discussion forums. In virtual discussions forums you cannot being interrupted by the other person. You can read and read again and again your message, correct it, change it, before posting it. It is less spontan but much more clear, coherent and structured.

TV : There is no exchange, so no communication. All simply. Nowadays there are too many stupidities.

Paper : No exchange but information can be as structured as in a forum (even if there are bad papers). Information depends on paper and not on electricity. I prefer reading material books than virtual books (actually I've never tried).

Epistulae : letters give a little interactivity but can be very deep (intim / private).

Intim book : Do you want me to read the yours ? :lol:

Blogs : I've never been interested in it :lol: . Is there an interactivity like in forums ? But you can take time for writing it well.

Shokin

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:20 pm

shokin wrote:
TV : There is no exchange, so no communication. All simply. Nowadays there are too many stupidities.

There IS communication, but it's unidirectional. You get the information but can't reply.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:22 pm

shokin wrote:Blogs : I've never been interested in it :lol: .

By the way, I see I can understand written French almost perfectly 8)

Cucumber
Silver Member

Postby Cucumber » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:24 pm

I think that is five diffirent points: to write, to read, to listen, to speak face to face and speak "by phone" i.e. internet connection too. It's hard to me to create my idea quick when i'm speaking. My brain slowly drag behind my idea. Behaind them slowly drag my tongue. And finally follow undefined moo from myself. It's very jolly process is watshed by other persons. But I try to do it for spite myself!!! :evil: :twisted:

storm

Postby storm » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:53 pm

my opinion is, that when you can´t tell your freinds what you feel really...you should reconceive your friendships..... :|

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:08 am

Dixie wrote:
shokin wrote:

There IS communication, but it's unidirectional. You get the information but can't reply.

Unidirectional means for me no communication.

Moreover you, uncousciously, get the feeling of being useless, with no influence. You are becoming fatalist and excellent in art of doing nothing.

You did understant what I've written ! Congratulations !!! (and bravour of reading all this long text)

Maybe I will try to translate it in english. :lol:

Shokin

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:33 pm

shokin wrote:Unidirectional means for me no communication.

But the person on the screen is communicating something to you, they are giving information and you are receiving that information. Even though there can't be a response from you, that's an act of communication.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:40 pm

Dixie wrote:
shokin wrote:Unidirectional means for me no communication.

But the person on the screen is communicating something to you, they are giving information and you are receiving that information. Even though there can't be a response from you, that's an act of communication.

Mmm... there cannot be any interaction nevertheless. You are only influenced (where is your auto-determination ?).

Shokin

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:21 pm

shokin wrote:Mmm... there cannot be any interaction nevertheless. You are only influenced (where is your auto-determination ?).

No, there is no interaction, but still there's communication: there's someone who sends the info and there's someone who receives that info ;)

Return to “Ideas and Opinions”