Are people happier in hot countries?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Vega, Krisi, TalkingPoint

Post Reply
User avatar
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:21 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: England

Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by TalkingPoint » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:59 pm

Why do people who live in very cold countries seem more miserable than people who live in hot climates?

Wordchecker
miserable (adjective): very unhappy
climate (noun): the usual weather conditions in an area
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:07 am

I think moderation is the only way. It is nice to have hot weather, but it is also nice to experience cold from time to time. If you just have one or the other all the time it would be very depressing. I lived in the tropics for a while a few years ago and initially I loved it being HOT!! all the time. However after about 2 years I found it so exhausting. I couldn't wait to get back to the east coast and experience, AUTUMN, WINTER AND SPRING!

The old saying is "variety is the spice of life." :wink:

User avatar
ginny
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:00 am

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by ginny » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:29 am

TP wrote:Why do people who live in very cold countries seem more miserable than people who live in hot climates?
That's completely incorrect! Being happy or not does not depend on where you live. It just depends on yourself!

User avatar
Desislava
Silver Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:04 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Post by Desislava » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:44 pm

I suppose there is a speck of truth that weather affects the mood of people. In my country, we have four seasons, thanks to its location. And...change is obvious. During summer people look more relaxed, cheerful, open to communications, and the mood is overall quite high :). While in winter people try to stay home, and go out not so often with certain regret that they have to leave their nice and warm rooms.
My opinion is that not really the temperature affects us, because you can put more clothes on, or off, according to your needs. But what really influences our behaviour is the changing colours of the environment. It's said that different colours arise different feeling in us, I suppose you have heard that. And in countries where it's hot, there are more bright colours..like yellow, orange, green, blue. These ones symbolise happiness and...joy..also serenity I think. While the cold climate's colours are mainly grey, brown, black...they are not really positive ones, and charge you with negative energy :) If I am not wrong, I think that Feng Shui deals a lot with this kind of reaction in people.

User avatar
Rui
Gold Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 am
Location: World, Portugal, Porto, Maia

Post by Rui » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:46 am

well, i don't know if that is true or another stereotype, but if you take a look to another feature of the differences between the countries then we can see that where the weather it's better the quality of live it's worst, and from the other hand the richest societies are in the cold weathers countries... i'm just remember countries like Norway, Sweden, Finland, Canada, Japan, Denmark and other examples that doesn't matter to mention now... and if we take look to the nicest countries to spend holidays, like for example all the countries in south and central america or the asia paradises we can see that they are generally more poor, isn't that true, or is just a wrong thought

P.S.-i forgot to mention the beautiful countries in africa where this feature i've talked it's take it to the limit.

User avatar
Yen
Silver Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:54 pm

Post by Yen » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:40 am

No, I think they are same. Maybe you live in cold country and it become familiar with you so when you see the people who live in hot country, you feel jealous and think they are happy more than you . To me, I don’t like a hot weather because when I play game in outdoor, I sweat and bad smelling ^_^. Somewhere in the world, the people who live in hot country is jealous with you ( not me)^_^

serena
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:29 am
Location: China

not sure

Post by serena » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:45 am

Well,I think weather has something to do with peaple's mood.As we know,peaple in different environment will response differently.Take myself as an example,I like winter very much.The cold weather will make me high and I will become depressing in hot weather by contrary.However,not all peaple like winter,some enjoy summer.So,I believe that weather can influnce peaple's mood to some degree,but it does not means cold climite will make people happier,comparied with those who live in hot country.

ahmedtaha
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:36 am
Location: Sudan

Post by ahmedtaha » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:53 am

says who????
you know, i live in acountry over 40 C in the sumer!! and you say happier ??
but i agree with you that the temperature affect our mood cuz when it's the cold season it's beween 15-20 it's really magnificent and every boody feels relax and happy. so i thing in cold countries they like the sumer as we in hot countries like the winter !!

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Post by shokin » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:03 pm

Yes, Switzerland is a hot country because I am very happy. :lol:

Shokin

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:43 am

shokin wrote:Yes, Switzerland is a hot country because I am very happy. :lol:

Shokin
:lol: :lol: That's because you live there Shokin. :wink:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Post by shokin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:47 am

Be happy and the world will appear happier.

Help yourself and the sky will help you.

Let me laugh ! :lol: people with much money are not happy. It is an evidence !

Shokin

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:02 pm

shokin wrote:Be happy and the world will appear happier.

Help yourself and the sky will help you.

Let me laugh ! :lol: people with much money are not happy. It is an evidence !


Shokin
True with money comes fear. Fear of losing it.

But some money is good it brings comfort. Once again it is about balance. Everything in life needs balance. 8)

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Post by shokin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:18 pm

Shazzam wrote:
shokin wrote:Be happy and the world will appear happier.

Help yourself and the sky will help you.

Let me laugh ! :lol: people with much money are not happy. It is an evidence !


Shokin
True with money comes fear. Fear of losing it.

But some money is good it brings comfort. Once again it is about balance. Everything in life needs balance. 8)
Even love and hate need balance. :mrgreen:

I have no excuse.
It is unexplainable.
It is even inexorable.
It is not for extase.
But existence
Is inaccpetable.

I am excessive,
I love when desaxed,
When all exploses
When life get exhibed.
There are some exclamation,
But no explanations,
about this false complexe.

Life without excess
is inacceptable.

Shokin

WWilliam
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Post by WWilliam » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:55 pm

I believe the saying of people living in hot countries will be happier in certain extent. Because sunlight will stimulate those people to release some stimulant from the internal organ and this stimulant will bring one's feeling to its highest point.

User avatar
turkishselin
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Turkey

Post by turkishselin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:02 pm

I think sunlight is influence people's behaviour,but if u r positive person u can be very happy even in north-pole :wink: I m Turkish and in Turkey I can live all seasons in one day. I m very luck. for example this morning was very suny in here and later in the afternoon it was rainy and so cold :wink:

Khokha
Silver Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:25 am
Location: uae

o_o

Post by Khokha » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:47 am

Actually, taking bath and swimming affects people's mood and people who live in hot countries do that every day to keep their smell nice. So, they are happy and they have to be happy because they used to be happy. In my opinion, every one has to keep him/herself happy because on one can change the weather.
People say: "Cut your coat according to your cloth"

User avatar
maddy
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:56 am
Location: Hanoi

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by maddy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:17 am

TP wrote:Why do people who live in very cold countries seem more miserable than people who live in hot climates?
I'm from Vietnam, a tropical country, we're happy, of course, we can taste many kinds of fruits, vegetables around the year or we can bathe under the sunshine during summers. But actually sometimes we're really jealous with people in cold countries. We never have chances to play with snow, and we have to suffer a wet spring. I think in cold weather only few people go out to meet each other, that's the reason why we have a feeling that they're cold of miserable than hot climate living people :D

User avatar
Laxuan
Silver Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:49 am
Location: Trang Bom , Dong Nai

Post by Laxuan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:34 am

I'm from vietnam, too.I have never been to a foreign country before but I love skiing and playing with snow, in my country we must suffer from very hot weather in the summer and humidity from october to april whereas in europe countries it rarely rains because of cold weather.
I hate rains so I really want to go to another countries where don't have rain, maybe it is an imaginary dream, and it only come true in an desert.

julka
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 am
Location: Moscow

Post by julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:12 am

hi everybody. I'm from Moscow, capital of Russia. I guess most of u heard about russian frosts, and must tell for me winter is the worst season. This winter the coldest temperature was -35 :cry:. that was smth incredible. I caught cold twise this winter. Pupils didn't study, cuz schools were closed, someone didn't work.
No doubt that sun affects pipl positively and not -30, when you have no desire to quit the house and freeze your feets, hands and nose outside. Now it is the end of March, and today morning it was -4, in the afternoon 0 +1. That's it. People in hot countries are happier cuz they do not have to buy all those winter garments, and put them all on. And they can enjoy sun all day long, every day. Lucky they are.
I prefer +35 rather than -35 :(

User avatar
Laxuan
Silver Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:49 am
Location: Trang Bom , Dong Nai

Post by Laxuan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:34 am

I think the weather doesn't affect your behavior much so wherever you are if you are an active, energetic and flexible person you are always in good mood.

User avatar
Boris
Silver Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:13 pm
Location: Moscow

Post by Boris » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:09 pm

I’m happy that I live in cold country. I have 5 month snowboard season. :lol:

elsastar
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by elsastar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:16 am

Weather affects mood and memory. On a sunny day, everything looks hopefully. The bright sun lit up the meadow. The azure sky make you are in a good mood. Sunny day is the opposite of rain. Rainy day and overcast always make people feel upset easily. Generally speaking, most people of hot countries are optimistic. Although the weather was lazy, the people seem happy. So, I think the most people are happier in hot countries.

elsastar
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by elsastar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Do you like summer? In hot countries, every day is summer. The weather affects our mood and memory. First, everything looks hopeful on a sunny day. When the sun shine is bright and warm, we look at the azure sky and the bright sun lights up the meadow. It makes us in a good mood. On the other hand, rainy day and overcast always make people upset easily. Then, we can discover that the most people living in hot countries are optimistic. In brief, people are happy because they have a good mood. So, I believe that people live in hot countries are happier.

taisir
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:26 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by taisir » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:39 pm

sure the temprature has a lot to do with people's mood, as for my small town people never go to see each other most of the summer when tempratures exceed 45C meaning they are less happy. where as others would not go out on winters depending on each country and it's weather. the least thing you hate about hot weather is sweating all day long which we experience half of the year

doxology
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:47 am
Status: English Learner
Location: England

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by doxology » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:51 pm

:geek: well, I dont think so

I am from a hot country, and there are lots of ppl who feel sad

Actually, it is a nature of human kind to feel a mixture of happiness and sadness

I wont like my life if it is always happy or always sad, it seems as there is nothing to stive to get,no goal, no motives.

Regarding cold climate, may be becoze they miss the sun :lol:

while in hot countries sun always shine, heh I notice ppl in England feel very happy when

summer comes :-o

User avatar
AustralianDream
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:37 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by AustralianDream » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Well, I think the happiness doesn't depend on the country or the climate, but depends on the surrounding environment.

User avatar
nino
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:20 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by nino » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:12 pm

yes i was living in turkey and i am happy.it sunny days starts in april finishes in october in turkey.now i am living in london and it always rains. i can be depressive in the mornings.

hulya
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:10 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Turkey

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by hulya » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:50 am

yes sunny days make people energetic and lively.ı live in turkey and cold climate restricts people to do a lot of activites.of course happiness depends on people ownself.but my idea is like thatt!

User avatar
abcdefgh
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:27 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by abcdefgh » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:59 am

Happiness is a state of mind. In the similar set of circumstances, people can be happy and unhappy at the same time. If our mind is trained to see hope and happiness, it will automatically target at being happy. {-:

User avatar
dreamatworksnow
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:50 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by dreamatworksnow » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:37 pm

I think there should be both kind of climate in your area. There should not be only cold or only hot. Intially I like cold weather. But after 5years, viral infection has started. If I listen to my doctor, I should not eat bananas, curd and all refrigerated items. I must avoid cocacola.. I used to cocacola. But , Now I don't have the option. If I drink a bottle of cola, I don't feel good after 3-4 hours. Runny nose, cough..
I can't enjoy the weather now..I want to go outside, but my wife always refuses me to go.She is right. If I get unwell, she is the person, who needs to suffer.


Now whenver I get time, I love to go to some hot place. Although it is hot outside, I can enjoy the weather. In hot climate, your health will be in good condition.All germs, viruses will die due to hot weather..

User avatar
lusina
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:24 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by lusina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Actually it depends on you. So one can make his day happier without taking into consiredation the weather conditions, but not all people manage to do that.

User avatar
emresenoglu
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:34 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by emresenoglu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:18 pm

I live at the shore of Mediterranean sea. Mediterranean culture's people healthy and happier than other cultures. Mediterraean climate is hot and mild.

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Krisi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:30 am

Probably, because our minds' condition change with the season. :-)

ekram
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:42 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by ekram » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 pm

In my opinion happynee doesnt depend on climate or a country.But weather may affect our mood and behaviour , in my country we have tow season in ayear(summer and winter).However variety is required and ahuman can adapt himselfe to live in everywhere. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by sweethuman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 am

I am sure weather and climate has affect on peoples mood however I disagree that hot or cold weather can be a reason for happiness or the change of ones nature.

User avatar
kminang
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:47 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by kminang » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Why do people who live in very cold countries seem more miserable than people who live in hot climates?
I am sure, if you just have one climate, it must be depressing. All the time you feel cold or all the time you feel hot {-: At least, it's better to live in two climates or four climates... :mrgreen:

--- Please correct my sentences... ---

Shoori
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:17 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Shoori » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 pm

I like cold weather but I live in Spain. This country is usually sunny days. I like raining and cloudy days!

safia
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:18 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by safia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:04 pm

there is no doubt that hot country dwellers are far happier than their counterpart in cold countries.Peoples who live in polar region do not see the sun regularly and this had a great impact on their mood and behavior.According to statistics carried out by psychology experts in New York university, climatic changes has great influence on every day lives.despite the fact that happiness are directly co-related with hot climates,we can not ignore the sense of annoyance that we may encounter with sunny days.

User avatar
Trylala
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Trylala » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 pm

I read somewhere that hormones responsible for good mood is produced better when there are a lot of sunny days. So, I agree that people living in hot countries are more happy than people living in Ukraine (for example).

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Krisi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Yes, because the climate/weather has an effect on our mood. Since there are very few indoor activities that could keep us physically and mentally fit in the winter there is a tendency for us to be more depressed and feel so down and unhappy. Also, in cold countries, human (our) bodies still get a good supply of energy from the food we eat but we consumed less so, I think this imbalance affect our mood and make us feel so unhappy
esl member since 2007

asgharloo
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by asgharloo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:14 pm

it is proven that people are living in hot countries are happier, the light of sun makes people talkative , outgoing and sociable.
I live in Tehran the city which have four season , our winter are not so cold as in Russia or Finland.
But you can see people that have more fun in summer and do most of their journey in summer and spring .
Studies shows that Finish people and others who live in cold area of the world are more isolated and less happier than who live in hot location.
In south of our county the weather is hotter and more humid and southern people are known for being gregarious and outdoor.
It is obvious that when the weather is cold people like to be in home to not feeling the coldness.

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Krisi » Mon May 06, 2013 3:41 pm

one thing sure and true, it's difficult to talk or smile in cold climate... it's as if my facial muscles are frozen too... and the elasticity of the skin on our faces change too. :-D
esl member since 2007

User avatar
nounounkn
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:00 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by nounounkn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:15 pm

It depends by the climate of your hearts...

Elearner
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:41 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Elearner » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:17 am

In my opinion, happiness can or can't be evaluated on such a weather condition, however, there are some people who actually live on a 'summer weather' places get used to it, and the results are obvious- they’re happy. I think the weather relation to happiness is a broad topic that can simplify in to a simple answer- it depends on what the person really like. That simple answer can also be divided in to many aspects that co-relates about definition of happiness. Some of the examples can be; birth place of the person, where person grew up, medical condition or the most common reason that I’ve heard- want some changes.

Furthermore, most of those people who’ll tell you that they more like it to live in hot places, where the ones who are used to live in a cold places, or not so hot outdoor community are have more liking in a place where they can do new things that can’t be done before. In the end, my answer response to this post, happiness can be evaluated depending on their reason.

Note: It’s my first time to post a response on this website. Please do understand my ‘bad’ English. I’m still on the process on improving my English literacy (especially on grammar).

User avatar
pravejprk
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:00 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by pravejprk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:30 am

whether is not a question .some people r like hot and some like cold
i think mixed whether is good for our mind & body. only hot doing dipressed us and is not well for work. in india whether is mixed so we r feeling better

AHMADSASA
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:08 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by AHMADSASA » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:07 am

ginny wrote:
TP wrote:Why do people who live in very cold countries seem more miserable than people who live in hot climates?
That's completely incorrect! Being happy or not does not depend on where you live. It just depends on yourself!
i agree with you , since i live in a hot country and we have a lot of depressed people . and i have a friend who live in a very cold country in the most time of the year , and his country has the same issue .. so it depend on you to happy or not

kowalskidzik
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:32 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by kowalskidzik » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:50 pm

I've been in many warm countries, and also in cold countries. People who live in hot climate seem happier than in cold countries. I think this is due to the fact that in a warmer climate is a lot of sun, which affects our mood

nicbase
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by nicbase » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:57 pm

People who live in very cold countries seem more miresable than people who live in hot climates, because they have worse life conditions f.ex. someone who live in Antarctic firstly has to haunt sth to eat and trying to keep warm in different ways. Secondly should prepare incredible warm clothes, so he also has to haunt sth to use their natural skin. Thirdly he has to live in sofiety to keep alive. In my opinion above factors make this person miresable. To compare someone who lives in hot country can live alone and he does not have sew clothes. I know that , despite the fact they can live in drough areas , I agree with opinion they seem look better than people who live in cold climates.

OskiDz
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by OskiDz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:40 pm

I think that people who live in hot countries are more happy than people who must fight with cold or rainy weather. The weather is very important for our frame of mind and we know that when the weather is good, we feel better and we are ready for action.

justynasta
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:15 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by justynasta » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:44 pm

In my opinion people from hot countries are happier because they regulary see the sun which brighten up their life and give them more power so they can do more profitable things. For example when in Poland there is winter I'm often down in the dumps and I feel under the weather and certainly I'm not happy.

User avatar
aladrelich
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by aladrelich » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:31 pm

In my opinion people who live in hot countries are happiee than people who live in col countries because the sun make them happy and more postive. People from cold countries have to deal with snow and baldy weather. So they are sad.

natalianowak
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:09 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by natalianowak » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:59 pm

I think, that people, who live in hot countries are more carefree, than people who live in cold places. People who live in cold are salted and they seem more miserable. They have more problems like for example fight with cold or with sustenance. People in hot places are happier, because they have sun, which fosters positive emotions.

OlaaMej
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:35 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by OlaaMej » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:43 pm

I think YES. People are much happier in hot countries than for ex. in north Sweden where is cold. They don't have to worry about warm clothes, icy roads or blocked by snow schools. But sometimes they can have enough of high temperature but there is no person in the world who doesn't have enough of weather.

wiktoriasz
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:14 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by wiktoriasz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:07 pm

In my opinion a level of happiness don't depend on temperature which is in the country. A huge meaning have a tradition and life style. Equally inhabitants of Norway or Iceland can be happy in the same way in comparison to inhabitants of country like a Italy or Spain.

User avatar
alicpryl
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by alicpryl » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:40 pm

I'm not agree that people who live in cold countries seem more unhappy than people who live in much warmer.
I think that is a kind of stereotype. That's how we feel doesn't depend on the heat scale of the place where we live. If someone likes winter, snow and frost, he or she is happy but if someone likes sunny weather can be also happy like that person.
I love summer and winter so I'm happy all the time :)

Lucywa
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:44 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Lucywa » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:01 pm

I think that People in hot countries are sad because they have a lot of problems. These people are fighting with poverty and drought. Inhabitants of warm countries for example Africa don't have money for food. Their homes are ugly and destroyed. Live in this country is more difficult. :/

KubaKoi
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:27 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by KubaKoi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:27 pm

In my opinion people are happier in hot countries. I think they are happier because in hot countries where temperature is high you can do more things which you like to do. Of course in cold countries there are advantages, but I think less than hot countries. I live in Poland where weather can be different, but I prefer high temperature and sunny weather.

NaKuzajewska
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:22 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by NaKuzajewska » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:51 pm

I think that people who live in cold countries seem to be more miserable, because weather has a large affect on our frame of mind. In hot countries people are so happy, polite and open to new challenges, because they have constant access to the sun. And in a cold countries people are more unhappy and often get depressed.

klamolga
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:33 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by klamolga » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:44 pm

In my opinion people who lives in hot countries are happier than the rest of the world. I think that climate influence on fettle. When I lived in cold country I would have depression all year. From a scientific point of view this is really interesting how weather can change our humor.‏

agatawerecka
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by agatawerecka » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:29 pm

People who lives in hot countries are happier. Winter is a very grim and depressing time of the year. While the summer is full of joy, fun and great experiences. Winter introduces many limitations. Summer offers many possibilities. I would like to live in a warm country. I am a person who prefers to use air conditioning than heating. (:

annmadej
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:12 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by annmadej » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:37 pm

I love snow, but i also think that people which live in hot country are happier, winter is very hard part of year, cold and darkness are very depressing,a lot of people have problems and worse mood at winters time, so i definitely think that living in hot countries make people happier.

kowalskidzik
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:32 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by kowalskidzik » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:46 pm

I think it's true. People who live in hot countries have more sunny days. It has a huge impact on well-being. If in my country it's sunny weather I have more energy I'm happier. But if it's cold, it's raining then I feel depressed. So I think, that people feel the same as me.

dębskidzik
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:31 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by dębskidzik » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:30 am

I think people in hot conuntries are happier because people need sun , life-giving star. It' true citizens of Sweaden or Dennmark are more depressed. They don't have energy . For me one of the most important thing in life is fresh air and sunny weather so I am very happy that i live in Poland :d

Adifanstal
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Adifanstal » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 am

I think people aren't happier in hot country. For example I very like snow at winter and colours of trees in autumn. I think many people in Africa, which temparatures are always above 20-25 centy grades, aren't happier because of that.

User avatar
PowerEnglish
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:12 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by PowerEnglish » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:05 pm

It's much easier to relax in a climate with a comfortable temperature!
-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.power-english.co.uk/

For the highest quality British and American English
proofreading and editing services.

-------------------------------------------------------------

MajaPu
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by MajaPu » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:46 pm

So, i think people who lives in hot countries are definitely happier. Why? Cause there is always high temperaure, it's great! I hate snow and everything related with winter, so- I'm sure, people like me- are happier;)

User avatar
reindeer
Gold Member
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 am
Status: Other
Location: S-Pet
Contact:

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by reindeer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:27 am

Indeed!
You can say that again. I agree with you completely - I also love snow and everything related with winter. It's great when snow crunches under your felt boots when you're walking down the street with a tin of beer in your hand. One thing you have to worry about, that your moustache didn't get covered with the solid crust of ice.
Another problem is: there are too much bears on streets. They become too daring and obtrusive this time of year! However, it's not a big problem - many citizens tame wild bears and put them on ration as guards. As guards, bears are much more reliable than dogs. To tell the truth, I wouldn't keep a bear in the yard, for it can easily eat all that move within its reach, that is cats, little dogs and kids with their senile nannies.
Wow! Pretty nice beer!

SOATOAVINA
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by SOATOAVINA » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:29 am

Does happiness depend on weather condition?
I think that people are poorer in hot countries. Just look at the statistics: hot countries are mainly found in the Southern part of the globe, developping/poorer countries are mainly found in the southern part of the globe, so people living in hot countreis are poorer. Now, the question is "does poverty mean sadness or unhappiness?

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Krisi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:57 am

I don't think so... because they have more outdoor activities so more time to chat, gossip and quarrel over small matters. And just ending up unproductive and divided and so more problems enter the picture.

User avatar
ritzkevin
Silver Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:39 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: Philippines

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by ritzkevin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:12 am

The ironic part is, people in colder countries complain about their weather. People in warmer countries would complain about their weather. Do you think switching places would make them happy?
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso

User avatar
fleance
Silver Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:18 am
Status: English Learner
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by fleance » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:43 am

I agree to you. However, I doubt if that happiness will last. People are known as grumbler.

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Krisi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:20 am

fleance wrote:I agree to you. However, I doubt if that happiness will last. People are known as grumbler.
Hi fleance. I don't exactly know what you mean. I know there are a lot of things that make us happy, like when we got the chance to eat our very favourite food. That makes us happy but if we eat the same food for a month of course we won't be as happy anymore. Another is wearing a beautiful clothes or say a signature outfit, of course it makes us happy and almost feel that we are dignified person but after sometime or wearing it often, the feeling wanes because we don't find it special anymore... so I think this is just natural. We feel this for ourselves... we feel this even if we are alone.
Our happiness will also depend on how mature we are and how we look at life per se. This type of happiness is of a higher level. If you are a family person your happiness will also involve your contributions to make each of you in the family successful... this is more on what the other members have achieved because of what you have contributed to make it happen. And also this happiness is in a way different, because you don't get it right away. It's a long term achievement and there is the ups and downs in life we have to face before we could feel this kind of happiness... and this I guess, is true wherever we are whether we are in hot or cold countries.
Now, my question is why do you look at the life of a grumbler in particular? I think this makes an individual too. There is a reason to this and if you happened to meet one try to know the main root or reason for behaving like that. Sometimes, if a person cannot find the right words to express oneself correctly they just grumble not because they are angry to another person maybe just angry to his or her ownself. Expressing our own thoughts correctly and accurately is another kind of happiness. :)

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Krisi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:41 am

ritzkevin wrote:The ironic part is, people in colder countries complain about their weather. People in warmer countries would complain about their weather. Do you think switching places would make them happy?
no, because that's human nature. Even this topic I think was created because the writer had noticed something unfavourable (for him) staying in cold country... :lol:

User avatar
ritzkevin
Silver Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:39 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: Philippines

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by ritzkevin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:35 pm

Just think of the benefits of having a cold country because there are some people out there who are dying to experience a cooler weather.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso

User avatar
TalaTashar
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:19 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by TalaTashar » Tue May 17, 2016 9:30 am

No they are definitely not happier. The wether is unbearable, average day temperature is 33-35C and combine that with High humidtiy 50-100% makes you tired while you just walking. Anybody that say people happier in hot countries should try to live in Indonesia

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by Krisi » Thu May 19, 2016 9:20 pm

explore :roll:

User avatar
zipzap
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:23 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Post by zipzap » Sat May 28, 2016 3:08 pm

I leave in cold country. Russia is really cold country sometimes, and I think that bad weather can make you a little unhappy. When you don't receive enough sun it's really hurt your emotion state, and even health state!

I think, there's truth to that especially if you are an active person. There are only a few in door activities.

hellofriend
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:13 pm
Status: English Learner

I disagree with the assumption that people are happier in warmer nations

Post by hellofriend » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:37 pm

I believe that is not true. For me I can still happy when is cold. For that, maybe people do not like the weather is cold, they are more like worm, they can wear nice shirt or whatever. But there has lot of people live in the cold weather city, which not means they are not happy all the time. Their live style maybe more batter that us. If you said people are more happy about the weather is sunny, I agree with that people will feel not happy if is raining outside. When the weather get cold and dark, people will have a physical reaction, that cause people feel not happy. So, in the end i disagree with that people live in cold countries seem more miserable than people live in hot climates.

Post Reply