do you like France?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

do you like France?

Post by hereiam »

I would like to read some opinions of some people who spent some time in France. I mean what other places (apart from Paris of course) are total HAVE TO as deals visiting in your opinion.
Thanks for your answers-if any:)
hereiam
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

It's my neighbor country and I've never been there, except for some place near the borders many, many years ago.
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello Dixie:)

Post by hereiam »

Yes - this is a country next to your and you are so different - Spaniards and Frenchmen as it seems to me.
It is very interesting.
Well... of course I also remember that Catalunians are right claiming their distinguishing from Spaniards:)
nice afternoon:)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I've never been there although I have relatives in France. My uncle went and didn't like it. Everything was expensive. Dog's waste was everywhere. He said Paris is not as romantic as it's told.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

LennyeTran wrote:I've never been there although I have relatives in France. My uncle went and didn't like it. Everything was expensive. Dog's waste was everywhere. He said Paris is not as romantic as it's told.
yeah... that reminds me an episode from Sex and the City... :roll: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I read in the traveling magazine last time there was a tour called A Da Vinci Experience in Paris, London, and Edinburgh for seven nights and costs $1,659 per person. You'll get to, let's see (flipping the page), visiting sites from that book-- the Louvre, Westminster Abbey, historic Rosslyn Chapel and more.

Man, if I have enough money and I could go.... :cry:
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello:)

Post by hereiam »

Maybe Paris is dirty but I think it would be CIVIL (may I use this word?) to see dirty Paris. I would like to know why Frenchmen killed their kings at last and for ever. I mean - I think I know why but I have to compare my version with French version:)
or maybe I will go into mountains? still some time to holidays:)
nice day:)
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

ps.

Post by hereiam »

I will buy some wine and some...perfumes of course. And some cloths - a blouse or something like that - a memo from Paris:)))))))))))
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: ps.

Post by Tora »

hereiam wrote:I will buy some wine and some...perfumes of course. And some cloths - a blouse or something like that - a memo from Paris:)))))))))))
I guess the decision wether to go or not has already been made? :wink:

Though you know it may be troublesome just now... According to my own experience paris is really nice! and romantic anyway! i regret i spend not much time there and didn't do enough shopping (actually, only perfume was bought) I wish i could come back... 8)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yeah I've never been to Paris but everybody says it's so expensive.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Oh Paris Paris.. I wish I could take a trip to Paris, the place where my grandmother was born.. She came to Venezuela when she was a baby and she never rememberd France, so I don't know anything about that country.. I know some day I'll go there, to take pictures, it doesn't matter If I have to sleep on the benches, for me it'll be ok If I'm not going to be alone, with friends and other tourist..! hahahaha...
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

Oriani wrote:Oh Paris Paris.. I wish I could take a trip to Paris, the place where my grandmother was born.. She came to Venezuela when she was a baby and she never rememberd France, so I don't know anything about that country.. I know some day I'll go there, to take pictures, it doesn't matter If I have to sleep on the benches, for me it'll be ok If I'm not going to be alone, with friends and other tourist..! hahahaha...
yeah.....as I know paris so beauty....I KNOW about it from TV or some magazine and also hear of it so romantic...hahaha..I really wanna went to there if I have enough money ....maybe I CAN arriver here one day............
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by hereiam »

Personally I think that Paris should be cheaper than London.
Though who knows?
:roll:
I will go - I will compare.
If I go of course.
Cause maybe I will change my mind and do something different like going to Ireland for example. But I think in my case visiting Paris should be cheaper than visiting Ireland cause it is closer to my home. And you - the most "funny" is that while travelling Europe you can travel it in the same time you travel through Poland. Really:(. We have such awful roads here:(. I have to complain a bit.
EU help again!
:(
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

I'd love to go to paris some day.However,Paris these days ago has been known that is not safe because of rebelling of some blacks.But now everything becomes normal after having interferences of government France. :roll:
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

Paris is one of place I want to go one day... but as far as I think all there are many place in my list and I hope I may be able to go in every place I think or almost of them one day!
nokeby

Post by nokeby »

i read that paris is expensive but don't forget that it's a capital and if we compare with the orthers capitals, paris stays reasonable.

Moreover concerning the clearliness I find Paris very clean, don't you?

Finally, concerning the beauty of this capital, do you know many city with a monument in every district ?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I've never been to Paris, but I saw on Tv that patrician girls are very beautiful. :D
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi nice people,
first little correction of mistakes in my earlier letter
- while writing -And you - I forgot to add And you KNOW. Without this word all sentence seems to sound really strange.

Of course I make many other mistakes but you should forgive me. I am not any native speaker.

Here I am sending you pack of pictures from Paris...
have a great time admiring them on-line...
Pictures from Paris

I would like to go to Paris and to see Mont Blanc one day. It is my dream:)
candykhkh

Post by candykhkh »

I love France. I wish I could go there with my future husband in our honeymoon. :lol:
Can you tell me some interesting activities which you like best in France?
noriko*izk

Post by noriko*izk »

oh
i don't know the reason why all of u are so serious when talking about France
maybe that's right
because one of my friends travelled there and said that there were many dog's waste( can i say so ) :D but it is still a beautiful and civilized country
and when i was still a chid i always had a dream of travelling there .
But hearing all of u saying so i just think maybe France isn't as beautiful and romantic as i always think of it .
what is your opinion ? :?:
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

I love Paris. I’ve been there a couple times but I still want to come back. It is a beautiful city.