How could be a housewife?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

sonyym

How could be a housewife?

Post by sonyym »

It is 8:00 in the morning. He just came out for work. This is the toughest day for him, because he got two works to do during day and night. But, what I just have done? I could not give him such a nice breakfast. Isn’t it easy for anybody to fry the patty? But I couldn’t. I just destroyed three yummy patties. Two of them cannot be eaten at all, the rest one he ate, but he said it was bitter because of singe. Then, it is milk. Either it is too hot, or too cold. Anyway, it is not suitable for his drinking. I am such a messer. Even dish washing, I could make water splashed anywhere. Luckily, they are plastic, otherwise… These are all what I did in the morning, nothing is good.

I am such a kitchen idiot, I always mess up the food what we bought. Recently, I feel guilty to him; I feel I waste his earning just because I cannot cook. Especially, I know how hard he works. I feel awful. What could I do to contribute this family? :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Can't he cook?
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

good question dixie.. but tell me why dont you try to learn something by reading books and that kind of stuff, you would probably learn very much with culinary books, or even better you could try with him... it would be fun to learn how to cook together :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:good question dixie.. but tell me why dont you try to learn something by reading books and that kind of stuff, you would probably learn very much with culinary books, or even better you could try with him... it would be fun to learn how to cook together :wink:
That was going to be my next message after I got sonyym's reply :D
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

No, he cannot,but he is better than me . He is a kinda guy doing anything good. But I cannot let him cook, even cook together, because he is so tired of working. He is working so hard to support our living expense, that is why I feel guilty to him.

Thank you for your suggestion, I do read some books and I also searched lots of recipes on the internet. My mum told me I couldnt do any good things is a direct consequence of I didnt do it by my heart.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

sonyym wrote:No, he cannot,but he is better than me . He is a kinda guy doing anything good. But I cannot let him cook, even cook together, because he is so tired of working. He is working so hard to support our living expense, that is why I feel guilty to him.
That's the problem of many housewives: to think that working at home is the same as working outside the home. I mean, you think that, since he's already tired of work when he gets home, he should at least find dinner prepared, since making it himself means to continue working and he's tired enough already. That, in my opinion, is false! Dinner is for both of you. Both of you are going to enjoy it so it's not fair for just one of you to cook, especially if you're not as good in the kitchen.

Firstly, you should not feel guilty. Cooking is not that easy. In many aspects, it can be considered an art, you know. Some people are better at cooking than others. Maybe you can't cook, but I bet you're very good at other stuff.

Maybe you could buy some cooking books like it's been suggested and try to prepare the recipes in them. But what I would do is talk to my husband and explain the problem to him, and try to find a solution between the two. Maybe you two could try to study the book together and when he comes home try to prepare one of the recipes together. It could be a fun activity if you think about it.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

sonyym wrote:No, he cannot,but he is better than me .
By the way, I wanted to comment on this statement of yours. It gives the impression that you feel somehow inferior since you think that he is "better than you". Better than you, at what? Don't ever think that any other person is better than you, honey. You are good at what you do. Don't ever think the contrary. Maybe you think he's good at something but you're good at other things. There's no one better than you.
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

[ Better than you, at what? Don't ever think that any other person is better than you, honey. You are good at what you do. Don't ever think the contrary. Maybe you think he's good at something but you're good at other things. There's no one better than you.[/quote]

oh, dixie, u r so sweet, u make me cry, right now.ur words are really touching my heart. :cry: :cry: :P

seriously, dear dixie, i will print out yr reply,then frame it and hang on the wall in my bedroom to encourage me everyday. :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

sonyym wrote: oh, dixie, u r so sweet, u make me cry, right now.ur words are really touching my heart. :cry: :cry: :P

seriously, dear dixie, i will print out yr reply,then frame it and hang on the wall in my bedroom to encourage me everyday. :D
LOL :lol: Just love yourself a little more ;)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

You know I have come to terms with the fact I will never be a good housewife. I can't cook, can't clean, can't do the washing up and am too lazy to even try to learn it. I am hopeless at any household duty and my mum's already sure I will never get married. I'm gonna die as a horrible spinster! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

illusion wrote:You know I have come to terms with the fact I will never be a good housewife. I can't cook, can't clean, can't do the washing up and am too lazy to even try to learn it. I am hopeless at any household duty and my mum's already sure I will never get married. I'm gonna die as a horrible spinster! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
We can always learn ;) And fortunately nowadays the chores are shared :D I'm not gonna be a housewife either, not because I'm terrible but because I don't want to. I've got a degree, so hopefully I will have a work and so will my husband, so we will have to share the chores.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

I wish I had a degree too so I could tell my mum that such an educated person as myself doesn't need to know how to do some chores. I guess I am just too lazy to try to learn all these really boring things...and besides I find them really unnecessary and so tiring....
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

excuse me , are they unnecessary? the housework? i think it is a real life.we do it everyday. :twisted: :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

sonyym wrote:excuse me , are they unnecessary? the housework? i think it is a real life.we do it everyday. :twisted: :roll:
I was going to say the same :D Illusion of course they are necessary... Could you live in a house without cooking or cleaning? (well except if you are rich enough to have your own cooking and cleaning staff :lol: )
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

to be honest nobody ever cooks in my house. My mum can't cook, neither can my grandma. Home made dinner is usually once in a while and it tastes horrible.. as for the cleaning I don't have a duty to tidy up my room so I am happy to live in a mess. :) I know my life is crazy, but I got used to it...
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

oh,dear illusion, what a wonderful life you got!
your mum can't cook,your grandma can't either, you of course cannot....what do you eat everyday? fastfood? or maybe someone cooks for your family...as for cleaning, actually my room is in a mess,too, because i found it is a easy way to get your stuff quickly...everything is at hand.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

we eat sandwiches or buy things that are already prepared and you don't have to waste your time cooking :) I guess if we had a fast food restarurant here, we'd be probably eat out more often :P
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Poor Illusion! Can't never eat any good food....only tasteless things.. Maybe we must all get dogether and cook something to her then she will get know what she have had missed..

I can buy some polish product here too.. Don't say anything bad about polish broduct.. but example a horseradish had too weak taste for me... It was something like turnip..or..or I don't know. So disappointing.. I like to eat horseradish with sandwich... Maybe it's just that peoples in other cultures have different taste.. They but sugar everywhere..even to meat.. And nowdays some stupid estonian companies but sugar too.. I hate sweet sprat..

So if I wanna have good food, then must do it self, also must grow them my self, if wanna get really good taste. Because from store I usually can't buy all.. example estonian apple is very, very rarely seen....

Well in short I will marry with illusion only then, if she is ready also milk cow, plough field.. many other things that I don't have time to tell or do my self, because watching tv. :lol:
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

[quote="Hardi". Maybe we must all get dogether and cook something to her then she will get know what she have had missed..

agree with that
:wink:
although i am not good at cooking, i think my cook is much better than sandwich.

So if I wanna have good food, then must do it self, also must grow them my self, if wanna get really good taste. [/quote]

grow them by yr self? admire! :P
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Hardi wrote:Poor Illusion! Can't never eat any good food....only tasteless things.. Maybe we must all get dogether and cook something to her then she will get know what she have had missed..

I can buy some polish product here too.. Don't say anything bad about polish broduct.. but example a horseradish had too weak taste for me... It was something like turnip..or..or I don't know. So disappointing.. I like to eat horseradish with sandwich... Maybe it's just that peoples in other cultures have different taste.. They but sugar everywhere..even to meat.. And nowdays some stupid estonian companies but sugar too.. I hate sweet sprat..

So if I wanna have good food, then must do it self, also must grow them my self, if wanna get really good taste. Because from store I usually can't buy all.. example estonian apple is very, very rarely seen....

Well in short I will marry with illusion only then, if she is ready also milk cow, plough field.. many other things that I don't have time to tell or do my self, because watching tv. :lol:
I can't milk a cow, but if that's what I have to do to be your wife then I think I might even sacrifice myself :P
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

illusion wrote: I can't cook, can't clean, can't do the washing up and am too lazy to even try to learn it. I am hopeless at any household duty and my mum's already sure I will never get married. I'm gonna die as a horrible spinster! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ooohh.. am i lucky or am i unlucky?? :D i know how to cook, i love to cook, because my mom taught me how, unfortunately..she has me cooking dinner everyday during summer.. :roll: :evil: :evil: :twisted: i love to cook,yes. but i don't want to cook all my evenings' summer life.. she had our cook leave for vacation, and uhm..unofficially hired me.. :cry:
well, behind every cloud, lies a silver lining.. :lol: :lol: cuz yesterday, i saw mia the cook, back at our house. and just this morning, mom handed me an envelop, oh gosh, it's my first job salary.. mom was like.." i smell shopping spree.." :lol: :lol:

i guess, that's a big advantage if y'knw how to cook.. but, i don't think having a not-a-good-cook-wife is a disadvantage in a relationship sonyym.. dixie is right, you can always learn it..if you put ur heart to it..
metaltoy

Post by metaltoy »

illusion , you shoud have a boyfriend who likes / is good at cooking.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

metaltoy wrote:illusion , you shoud have a boyfriend who likes / is good at cooking.
I know! I've already found someone like that :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

illusion wrote: I know! I've already found someone like that :D
You have? wowow I wanna hear that story! ;)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote: I know! I've already found someone like that :D
You have? wowow I wanna hear that story! ;)
yeah I have friends who cook for me :D end of story :p hehehe
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

illusion wrote: yeah I have friends who cook for me :D end of story :p hehehe
Ouch! :evil:

Anyway those are great friends, never let them go! :lol:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote: yeah I have friends who cook for me :D end of story :p hehehe
Ouch! :evil:

Anyway those are great friends, never let them go! :lol:
ouch what? You didn't think I got involved with someone, did ya? Oh Dixie, you know nobody sane would want to go out with such a person like me! but I am lucky I have my friends... ;)
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

illusion wrote: ouch what? You didn't though I got involved with someone, did ya? Oh Dixie, you know nobody sane would want to go out with such a person like me! but I am lucky have my friends... ;)
Good that you told. I just thought to call you out with me.. but now I can't do that. :mrgreen:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Hardi wrote:
illusion wrote: ouch what? You didn't though I got involved with someone, did ya? Oh Dixie, you know nobody sane would want to go out with such a person like me! but I am lucky have my friends... ;)
Good that you told. I just thought to call you out with me.. but now I can't do that. :mrgreen:

I know I'm too horrible :P you deserve better, Hardi ;)
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

illusion wrote:I know I'm too horrible :P you deserve better, Hardi ;)
Yes you have right, I'm too sissy for you. You horrible since u can't compete with my mom.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Hardi wrote:
illusion wrote:I know I'm too horrible :P you deserve better, Hardi ;)
Yes you have right, I'm too sissy for you. You horrible since u can't compete with my mom.
I can't compete with anyone as I am a bad bad girl so I am just in the lost position from the very beginning...
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

illusion wrote:[so I am just in the lost position from the very beginning...
nice sentence,but i can't get it. :shock: :?:
what's meaning?dear illusion
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

actually, he cooked lot recently or we cooked together, cause we are both sick. but my aunt told me whoever sicked in a family, it is housewife's fault. :cry:
i gave him medcine, take care of his water drinked,and i peeled grapes then expressed juice. all i done is good for him, i really think i am a good housewife, although noboday agree that. :P
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

sonyym wrote: but my aunt told me whoever sicked in a family, it is housewife's fault. :cry:
And you believed her?
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

Dixie wrote:[And you believed her?
i am not sure, because if i found symptoms earlier, maybe he could not had a sick so seriously. as a housewife, i should take care everyone, especially for health. for illness, to protect is more important than to treat.