Something extra while you're eating?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: EC, Dixie

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Something extra while you're eating?

Postby MissLT » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:27 am

I have to have a book or something to read when I'm eating. Well, except for family meal that I can't bring something to read at the table. what about you?

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:10 am

Nothing... Just talking to dog.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:03 am

That's cute you talk to Pipa. Do you tell her that she can't steal your food? :twisted:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:55 am

yeah I tell her that we should geep something to Lennye too :twisted: ..and then I can eat that later my self.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:55 am

Just the TV. I like watching the news while I'm eating.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:10 pm

Hardi wrote:yeah I tell her that we should geep something to Lennye too :twisted: ..and then I can eat that later my self.

Ummmm... I want Pipa to keep the food for me. At least she'd save me a bone unlike you who would eat it all. :cry:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:13 pm

Dixie wrote:Just the TV. I like watching the news while I'm eating.

My cousin is the opposite. She stays away from the TV when she's eating. Last time we stayed at my other cousin's house, which they keep their TV in the kitchen, this girl went to the living room to eat. :twisted:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:52 am

LennyeTran wrote:My cousin is the opposite. She stays away from the TV when she's eating. Last time we stayed at my other cousin's house, which they keep their TV in the kitchen, this girl went to the living room to eat. :twisted:


Why? Does it bother her or something?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:13 pm

She said it's not good to watch TV while eating.... :?

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:59 am

LennyeTran wrote:She said it's not good to watch TV while eating.... :?


Yep I have been told that too Lenny. I lost 30kilos last year (which is quite embarrassing) TOO MANY CHILDREN!!! LOL...Anyway they say you dont pick up the symptom of being full if you are watching something and not focusing on how much you are eating. It just becomes a trigger for you to eat more. For example the tv is on so I better get something to eat because that is what you are used to doing.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:21 am

Shazzam wrote:Anyway they say you dont pick up the symptom of being full if you are watching something and not focusing on how much you are eating. It just becomes a trigger for you to eat more. For example the tv is on so I better get something to eat because that is what you are used to doing.


That doesn't happen to me :D I get full immediately after starting to eat, so I don't think that watching tv becomes a trigger to eat more. My stomach would complain :lol:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:31 am

Dixie wrote:
Shazzam wrote:Anyway they say you dont pick up the symptom of being full if you are watching something and not focusing on how much you are eating. It just becomes a trigger for you to eat more. For example the tv is on so I better get something to eat because that is what you are used to doing.


That doesn't happen to me :D I get full immediately after starting to eat, so I don't think that watching tv becomes a trigger to eat more. My stomach would complain :lol:


You lucky little thing! I wish! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:00 pm

Shazzam wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:She said it's not good to watch TV while eating.... :?


Yep I have been told that too Lenny. I lost 30kilos last year (which is quite embarrassing) TOO MANY CHILDREN!!! LOL...Anyway they say you dont pick up the symptom of being full if you are watching something and not focusing on how much you are eating. It just becomes a trigger for you to eat more. For example the tv is on so I better get something to eat because that is what you are used to doing.

I don't know. Maybe so since she's too skinny. She said she only eats when she's hungry, and it doesn't seem like to me she's hungry quite often.

User avatar
TearHere
Gold Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby TearHere » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:28 am

I know of a friend who eats with a mirror infront of her. Weird but true. She said it helps her in controlling how much food she eats. :roll:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:41 am

TearHere wrote:I know of a friend who eats with a mirror infront of her. Weird but true. She said it helps her in controlling how much food she eats. :roll:


:shock: Aren't there better ways to control the amount of food you eat?

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:34 pm

When I eat, I have to be sure that I made this meal. :lol:

When I eat, I do nothing else, I take my time (even if time is taking me :lol: ).

Shokin

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:47 pm

TearHere wrote:I know of a friend who eats with a mirror infront of her. Weird but true. She said it helps her in controlling how much food she eats. :roll:

:shock: She has a huge issue with her weight, eh?

User avatar
TearHere
Gold Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby TearHere » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:48 am

Dixie wrote: :shock: Aren't there better ways to control the amount of food you eat?


she's desperate.. :roll:

LennyeTran wrote::shock: She has a huge issue with her weight, eh?


kinda'.. she's never been that fat..so she's really really trying.....

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Postby Tora » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:44 am

Reading a book as well - when I'm just eating stupidly staring at something I feel like I'm wasting my time. Better save time killing two birds with one stone :wink:

redadmiral
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:52 am
Location: China,suzhou
Contact:

Postby redadmiral » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:39 am

I'm used to read the newspaper or chat with my friends, but my grandma said that talking like that is not polite :lol:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:21 am

Tora wrote:Reading a book as well - when I'm just eating stupidly staring at something I feel like I'm wasting my time. Better save time killing two birds with one stone :wink:


I read sometimes while I'm having breakfast (if I'm not in a hurry) :D Although I prefer to watch the news.


Return to “Food & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests