Hi everybody!.. Nominee English teacher from Turkey...

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Zehra

Hi everybody!.. Nominee English teacher from Turkey...

Post by Zehra »

Hi.I am Zehra , from Turkey n 21 years old.I am still studyin at a university in Turkey.I will have graduated by 2008.new here n just hope that will form lasting friendships...
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

Hi Zehra ur name sounds good what does mean?

and cheers for the new freind see ya around take care
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Nice avatar! :D Welcome. And good luck with your studies!
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

My name is an Arabic name and it means flower.Meanwhile thank u 4 best wishes...
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

hi Zehra... welcome :D
fadi

Post by fadi »

welcome Zehra.,.i am fadi hope we can be close friends.,.i am 20 :) :D :) :D :) :D
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

fadi wrote:welcome Zehra.,.i am fadi hope we can be close friends.,.i am 20 :) :D :) :D :) :D
was it your birthday some days ago, fadi? 'cuz i remember in your previous posts you were saying you're 19 :)
fadi

Post by fadi »

Dexter wrote:
fadi wrote:welcome Zehra.,.i am fadi hope we can be close friends.,.i am 20 :) :D :) :D :) :D
was it your birthday some days ago, fadi? 'cuz i remember in your previous posts you were saying you're 19 :)
19 and a half buddy.,.,.dont be sad just kiddin
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

fadi wrote:
Dexter wrote:
19 and a half buddy.,.,.dont be sad just kiddin
aha :D
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

:mrgreen: don't be sad you don't have to pretend older just for a woman, there are so many in the world
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Admiral wrote::mrgreen: don't be sad you don't have to pretend older just for a woman, there are so many in the world
That's so funny!!!

Welcome new friend Zhera!!!
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

Thank you...
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

Hi Zehra and all..

We have similiar features from some views..

I am also attending a university in Turkey nowadays and also newly enrolled.

ı am on English Language and Literature Department of Selcuk Uni.

But I'm younger than you..

Wishing to keep in contact..

bye all
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

n me attanding at Anadolu University , English Language Teaching Department,3rd-grade.
younger than me n enrolled? u r so lucky , congratulations!
:wink:
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

Oh Pardon me..

I read the first post of you again and understand exactly. I had misunderstood.. I thought that you are newly enrolled.. PArdon me..

And I want to ask the style of the education, is it normal or not? ( orgun mu acik mi :) )

Bye..
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

open education faculty :)
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

Zehra wrote:My name is an Arabic name and it means flower.Meanwhile thank u 4 best wishes...
wonderful name, by the way i'm from Arab Gluf :P

see ya
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

Zehra wrote:open education faculty :)
I predicted it ;) Because of the uni.
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

AYBAYRAKTAR wrote:
Zehra wrote:open education faculty :)
I predicted it ;) Because of the uni.
fifty fifty :) Faculty of Education oor Open Education Faculty
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

Romantic wrote:
Zehra wrote:My name is an Arabic name and it means flower.Meanwhile thank u 4 best wishes...
wonderful name, by the way i'm from Arab Gluf :P

see ya
thank you :D c u
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

yeah
tuba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Hi everybody!.. Nominee English teacher from Turkey...

Post by tuba »

Zehra wrote:Hi.I am Zehra , from Turkey n 21 years old.I am still studyin at a university in Turkey.I will have graduated by 2008.new here n just hope that will form lasting friendships...
hi! zehra my name is tuğba from turkey. i am preparing foreign language exam you know. i must do my best. could you help me to improve my english? i have many questions about english teacher department and your university(which university?)nice too meet you! :D
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

tuba wrote:
Zehra wrote:Hi.I am Zehra , from Turkey n 21 years old.I am still studyin at a university in Turkey.I will have graduated by 2008.new here n just hope that will form lasting friendships...
hi! zehra my name is tuğba from turkey. i am preparing foreign language exam you know. i must do my best. could you help me to improve my english? i have many questions about english teacher department and your university(which university?)nice too meet you! :D
Hi Tuğba!nice to meet uuu :D surely ı do my best to help u :wink:
I m still studying at Anatolian University Open Education Faculty English Language Teachin Department,3rd grade
hope u have what u want after the exam
c ya...
tuba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tuba »

aaa ne güzel ben eskisehirdeki yesdil dersanesindeyim açıköğretim hakkında kafam karısık biraz yardım edersen çok sevinirim :D
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

tuba wrote:aaa ne güzel ben eskisehirdeki yesdil dersanesindeyim açıköğretim hakkında kafam karısık biraz yardım edersen çok sevinirim :D
Keep your English, please!!! :P

:P
tuba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tuba »

Oriani wrote:
tuba wrote:aaa ne güzel ben eskisehirdeki yesdil dersanesindeyim açıköğretim hakkında kafam karısık biraz yardım edersen çok sevinirim :D

sorry ok :D
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

Oriani wrote:

I think so Oriani, I agree..

Let me translate it for you

[Oh, What wonderful.. I am attending the Yesdil p. Course in Eskisehir.. My mind is in a mess about the open edu faculty, I will be very happy if you help me. ]

Yes, less or more, she said so. ;)
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

I think that education programm is two plus two.. Both open both not. My friends sais that, it is better to be in Lang&Lit than to be in this programme. Am I right?
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

:? I could not decide whether I should go Faculty of Letters ,Department of English Language and Literature or Open Education Faculty , Department of English Language Teaching.I was so restless. There was one more day to decide but I could not.cried everyday. I pondered n pondered... I saw one thing: I wanna be an English Teacher so the best way was to choose the second one. Anatolian University Open Education Faculty Department of English Language Teaching was my first preference :D .
All of these was three years ago. I am 3rd grade now and I am very happy;to choose AU/OEF/ELT is perfect felicity. I think that if I had chosen ELL then I would not have been so happy. I will have graduated by the year 2008 and hope will have been an English teacher. If I had chosen ELL,it would not have been so easy. u know education lessons n maybe prep-class.
Concludingly,I think if u wanna be an English teacher then choose AU/OEF/ELT;if you like literature n wanna work in a private sector,a bank... then why not to choose ELL? All matter is to ask yourself ' What do I want to be? , Where am I be happy? 'Answer is to be an English Teacher do not hesitate to choose ELT.
http://www.iolpliler.net
http://www.iolp.galerisi.com
http://iolp.aof.edu.tr/
theese may help you...
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

It is a common idea that students in Eng L&L Department are learning the language more deeply.. I think this is a fact, a truth..

When though from this point of view, almost every university in Turkiye gives the choice of being teacher with an extra licence given esp on the third class or so.

If you want to learn this language far better, thee you are !

Graduating this department, you can also be a teacher near other chances such as private sectors. But when you graduate from the other department, you have less chance to have a job exept teacherness.

Take these factors into consider.
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

Zehra wrote: All of these was three years ago. I am 3rd grade now
Yeah, you are 'junior' and I am 'freshman' but we both are 'undergraduate' ;)
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

Zehra wrote: I will have graduated by the year 2008 and hope will have been an English teacher.
I hope so but isn't there any disadvantage of graduating from open-edu programme.. Maybe at the 'kpds'..

What about the degrees?
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

AYBAYRAKTAR wrote:
Zehra wrote: I will have graduated by the year 2008 and hope will have been an English teacher.
I hope so but isn't there any disadvantage of graduating from open-edu programme.. Maybe at the 'kpds'..

What about the degrees?
No there is no disadvantage. In my opinion there is a big advantage : if you want, you can work in schools after you finished the 2 years sucessfully.(some of my friends work at schools n they are very happy)U can earn money , have experience n attend university, at the same time teachers give their help on internet. u can discuss topics with ur friends on internet
if you look at http://iolp.aof.edu.tr/online/sub01.aspx
then u can receive some information about it.

Before years I mean the system was new,everybody ,even who do not know enough English was admitted the department;therefore, they had difficulty. However,today the department admits students who know English in advanced level.we can see this closely if we look at the scores
Department of English Language Teaching : 750 students were admitted in 2005 at least 353,837;at most 362,126 .

so today the students do not have so much difficulty as long as they study their lessons.

In addition there is no difference between Education Faculty and Open Education Faculty considering KPSS.who makes high scores then he or she is assigned to.Nobody looks at the department but scores considering KPSS.

All in all , I hope that will help you my dear friends

c ya
goodbyee
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

AYBAYRAKTAR wrote:It is a common idea that students in Eng L&L Department are learning the language more deeply.. I think this is a fact, a truth..

When though from this point of view, almost every university in Turkiye gives the choice of being teacher with an extra licence given esp on the third class or so.

If you want to learn this language far better, thee you are !

Graduating this department, you can also be a teacher near other chances such as private sectors. But when you graduate from the other department, you have less chance to have a job exept teacherness.

Take these factors into consider.
in ELL you do not have education lessons I think these lessons are important n should be given to all nominee English teachers.If you want to buy some meat then you go to a butcher;if you go to a greengrocer n want some meat then will you have any meat?Noooo,you will not.
Meanwhile Yusuf I wanna share somethin do not know f it is truo or not.A man graduated from Greece Language n Lit. said that he did not know the language exactly but literature,he said it on TV and it was a program for students preparin YDS.

Finally I think Selcuk uni and Anatolian Uni should pay us for the advertisement:))))))))
the most important thing is to be happy with where we are.Nothin is easy n hope everything will go smoothly :wink:
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

Zehra wrote: in ELL you do not have education lessons I think these lessons are important n should be given to all nominee English teachers.If you want to buy some meat then you go to a butcher;if you go to a greengrocer n want some meat then will you have any meat?Noooo,you will not.

Are you sure? Think again..
May be you are right when not considering to be teacher but if you want to be, you have to get a license as you know and you have to pass the lessons you meant. All in all, you will know the language and the literature better than the education programme students and at the same time if you gain the licence, you will gain the teaching ability via the courses that are obligatory to get.

Zehra wrote: Meanwhile Yusuf I wanna share somethin do not know f it is truo or not.A man graduated from Greece Language n Lit. said that he did not know the language exactly but literature,he said it on TV and it was a program for students preparin YDS.
Be careful about the positions in which the man!

Firstly, it is an another language. You may ask what the difference is.. Difference is great. When you choose another language such as German, French, Arabic, and synology and the one you said and so on, you have no background. Most of the students (maybe all except a very little crowd) have English language background. Isn't it? For instance, I have been learning this language for -aproximately- 9 years, and at last I am a freshman this department. There is a 9-year-old background..

The man you mentioned entered the university and started to learn newly. But I satrted to learn at primary school. What a great difference..

Isn't it visible enough?

We have more lang lessons than lit lessons. That's a fact. And it is -again- a fact what I said at first.

:)
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

private sectors...most of them looks at your TOEFL scores so I can not see any unequalty.

I think you love your department and literature so I can not think you will be an unsuccessful person at a private sector or at the Ministry of Education(with extra licence on education).I think so because you do love it . I do not like literature lessons so I think even if I am successful ,I can not be happy there so 4 me it is the best to go an Education Faculty (no matter open or not)

n you... if you wanna be a teacher and do love literature,your department is the best 4 u.you can be a successful teacher with extra licence .

Wanna give an example so I hope u get what I mean clearly:
One of my friends wanted KATU Department of English Language and Literature very much.He wanted there not because of loving the department but because of loving Trabzon.He wanna to be an English teacher and thought that he got extra licence on education so could be a teacher.In our class the only person whose dreams came true was him,only him.(mine was a university in Ankara)Today he is not happy with his department and two years ago he had YDS again but not have enough score.He said I couldnt attend 3 more years,just like a nightmare!However he is still there.

today if I had a chance of choosing a department whichever I want , I would choose firstly Division of English Translation and Interpretation ,secondly ELT,thirdly Department of English Linguistics and finally Department of English Language and Literature.Maybe your first choice would be my last choice because you do love literature.

I can say that if you do not like literature, wanna be a teacher then why hesitate about Open Education Faculty?there is no difference between Education Faculty and Open Education Faculty considering education,considering KPSS.
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

If it is a matter of loving, it is useless to disguss, I think..

I see..
Zehra

Post by Zehra »

AYBAYRAKTAR wrote:If it is a matter of loving, it is useless to disguss, I think..

I see..
I think the matter is that people do not know Open Education Faculty exactly,so maybe they go the other departments in order to be an English teacher although they know they dont love literature or linguistic.This causes a big problem.I just want to introduce my department:)
I wanna thank you for discussing the topic with me :D